heavy metal in baghdad

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, yeah, I think I've seen that one before, or at least part of it, it was really interesting! Sadly, your link doesn't work for me, might be restricted by where you live or something.

Anyways, I found it on YouTube, so if the above link doesn't work for you either try this:

*headbangs* :cool:

I've seen parts of this as well, I found it heaps interesting :) *joins in on headbanging* :p

"The band members fled Iraq to Syria because of the violence in Baghdad, and later fled to Istanbul, Turkey and ultimately to the United States. They were resettled in New Jersey by the International Rescue Committee, a humanitarian relief and refugee resettlement agency, and now reside in New York"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrassicauda

It's not very safe for people like them in Turkey, but atleast they're safe now.

Sticking to heavy metal in the east - the Israeli band 'Betzefer' are quite cool
[youtube]_u1SPWmHJjQ[/youtube]

Punisher said:
"The band members fled Iraq to Syria because of the violence in Baghdad, and later fled to Istanbul, Turkey and ultimately to the United States. They were resettled in New Jersey by the International Rescue Committee, a humanitarian relief and refugee resettlement agency, and now reside in New York"

It's an inspiring story. I'm glad the guys are safe.

Punisher said:
Sticking to heavy metal in the east - the Israeli band 'Betzefer' are quite cool

I really liked that Betzefer stuff. I'll be looking for more.

Naval_Fluff: why is that? It's extremely common that metal musicians wear shirts with other bands logos to show respect to the ones that have inspired them, and so forth. Althought maybe I missed your point? :)

Naval_Fluff said:
I can't help but laff when I see a band wearing another's band's merch :p

Lol, I saw a band wear their OWN merch once. It really made me think less of them!

evanescencefan91 said:
hey guys i know thee are a lot of metal fans here

i can't remember if it was here or someone else was talking about this being made a year or so ago

so i was just looking around on hulu for some movies and i remembered looking at some stuff about this

so i thought i'd post the link here for you guys
tada

http://www.fancast.com/movies/Heavy-Metal-in-Baghdad/139752/1146295077/Heavy-Metal-in-Baghdad/videos

Am i the only member that thought by heavy metal she meant weapons of mass destruction :S

sorry...but c'mon the last time i heard anything non-war related about iraq was when the iraqy rowing doubles team finished somewhere respectable for a desert country in the olympics... :S

evanescencefan91 said:
hey guys i know thee are a lot of metal fans here

i can't remember if it was here or someone else was talking about this being made a year or so ago

right here

It's the seventh or eighth message down.

I lost track of these guys awhile back. It's nice to see they made it to the states.

ah cool the source thanks twitchy

and thanks to justlost to mentioning it

:D

Latest posts

Back