Hello...again

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Romantic Poet

Hello to all!  I posted this thread a few weeks ago, but never received the "activation code" ; then I had my exams, and didn't have any time for myself. So just to present myself, I'll post it again.
I really don't know how to begin, but here I go. My name is Sébastien, I'm 20 and live in France. My parents are American so I'm fluent in French and English. It's really hard for me to give a description of myself, because I always want to give a true image of myself to others. I'm terribly afraid of appearing obnoxious or haughty, and I'm definitely not like that.
I'm extremely lonely and haven't had anything like a "best friend" or girlfriend ever.
I've been terribly depressed for the last five years, but I daresay I've never really been happy in my life. Things just haven't gone too well for me. I have no grandparents. Both my parents are alcoholics, and are drunk usually 4 days a week...They are verbally abusive; my father and I have even fistfought several times (I was trying to keep him from going downtown and getting drunk again -- strangers always bring him back or I have to go look for him, which embarrasses me terribly). My father's alcoholism went even worse after he became handicapped because of a stupid surgical operation. A month ago he actually cut his wrists and was sent to a hospital and all, maybe because my mother had finally decided to leave him.
As for me, I'm constantly tormented by my own self-awareness and self-depreciation. The only good thing about it is that I'm first in my class -- but I also dread being second. I 'd love to read and write poetry, but never am able to because I'm scared it won't be any good, that my imagination is too weak or my words too commonplace. It seems I've built a perfect wall around myself that prevents me from doing what I'd like and especially meeting people. Everyone seems shallow to me. I really wish to have true friends, ones I wouldn't have to lie to, with whom I could be myself, think, write...
I live on film music (John Williams especially), movies (I'm a real film buff), poetry and philosophy.
I'd really love to talk to anyone who shares the same feelings ; or share to others some of the knowledge I've acquired to fight against depression. There's a lot more I'd like to say... If anyone here would like to talk to me, please answer

Hi, what are John Williams soundtracks or movies? Do you like John Hughes movies (Joke!) They were those great teen movies of the 80's. These are modern classics: The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, etc. Please tell me you've seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off! (This is a freaking hilarious movie!)

lonelygirl said:
Hi, what are John Williams soundtracks or movies? Do you like John Hughes movies (Joke!) They were those great teen movies of the 80's. These are modern classics: The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, etc. Please tell me you've seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off! (This is a freaking hilarious movie!)

John Williams is the best soundtrack composer ever ! : he composed the music for every Spielberg movie ( including Jaws, Indiana Jones, E.T., Close Encounters of the Third Kind ...), Star Wars, Superman, and more recently Memoirs of a Geisha ....
Whenever I feel especially sad, I listen to one of his albums : they always sound uplifting and comforting.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any Hughes movies, except for Ferris Bueller ; and yes, what a HI-LA-RIOUS movie ! I always loved his stratagems for not going to school ; they're really clever !

Thanks for posting !

Hey Bastien,

I also love all the soundtracks from the Alfred Broccoli movies, James Bond 007.

Do you like the song to You Only Live Twice?

It's so beautiful, sad, and yet in some way, uplifting!

you guys know how to appreciate movies when you can appreciate their soundtrack. john williams is a genius, i really loved his A.I. work. All the movies i love have beautiful and unique soundtracks, epic or minimalist. oh and...
Don't you Forget about me...I'll be alone...DANCIN' you know it baby!

lonelygirl said:
Hey Bastien,

I also love all the soundtracks from the Alfred Broccoli movies, James Bond 007.

Do you like the song to You Only Live Twice?

It's so beautiful, sad, and yet in some way, uplifting!

"You Only Live Twice" is my all-time favorite Bond song. The violins, the occasional electric guitar, the lyrics... It's a truly beautiful song.

husky said:
you guys know how to appreciate movies when you can appreciate their soundtrack. john williams is a genius, i really loved his A.I. work. All the movies i love have beautiful and unique soundtracks, epic or minimalist. oh and...
Don't you Forget about me...I'll be alone...DANCIN' you know it baby!

A.I. is indeed a fantastic score (pun intended).

I saw AI but don't recall the track.
LOVED the British actor as a pretty gigolo---------Jude Law!

Husky, are you a Simple Minds fan? I'm definitely stuck in the 80's when it comes to music enjoyment.

teach said:
Husky, are you a Simple Minds fan?  I'm definitely stuck in the 80's when it comes to music enjoyment.

not really a Simple Minds fan, no. just that one song. i sang it for weeks in the shower (and then out of). i even made a crooning version. they have so many albums, it's kind of overwhelming. but i really enjoy 80's music; new order, the cure, a whole bunch and just recently cocteau twins (...a simple minds song title).

and wow, i bought a Brian Eno Cd today and totally forgot about it -_-

Teach, me too! I have the best of Simple Minds.

Don't you forget about me....!

And, Alive and Kicking (stay until your love is...)

and Sanctify Yourself...get yourself clean! lol

I think my favorite group, during that time, was the Pet Shop Boys. I lived for, and still do, those 80's movies. I was "in love" with Patrick Dempsey the minute I watched Can't buy me love, way before he became dreamy. :) Any movie with the young, and funny, John Cusack, boosts my mood.

I haven't seemed to catch you online, Sebastian. I hope you are doing well.

OMG, Teach, me too! LOVED Patrick Dempsey in 'can't buy me love'...he was so cute and adorable--I so wanted to be his girlfriend in that movie! :)

Love Pet Shop Boys, too. My favorite song of theirs ever is West End Girls. That is just a freaking sexy great song! And I love Opportunities (Let's Make Lots of Money)

I've got the brains, You've got the Looks
Let's Make Lots of Money
Oh, there are lots of opportunities
If you know how to make them

I'm a blockbuster online movie renter. They have a lot of the old 80's movies, also many of the tv shows we grew up with. I've rented Wonder Woman for my daughter to watch (I LOVED her, even had the Wonder Woman underoos) :) I rent the old movies to watch for myself. She's not quite old enough to enjoy them.

Latest posts

Back