Hello from WA state

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nullgeist

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a 21 year old male, and I'm from the Seattle area. Lived here my whole life. Advertisements like to make the pacific northwest seem like a beautiful place, but that's only true if you can afford to live near the remaining 50 square feet of nature. I like to listen to and make music, research things, fill my head with trivia and conspiracy nonsense, and watch the occasional movie. I've never been diagnosed with social anxiety, but I think I have some acute form of it. I'm mostly just an awkward guy, but I'm always trying to fix that. I've never liked people too much; since I was a kid, I would over-analyze social situations and rather than fear them, I would sort of dissect them and then become apathetic to it all. I'm either lazy or brilliant, but I'm feeling humble this morning, so I'll go with lazy. Skip to present day, I'm still that way, but I'm really trying to improve myself rather than blame everyone else. I have a few friends, but I don't talk to them often, so if I ever feel like I need to talk to anybody, I write it all down, which works sometimes. I've had one job so far, holding a sign for a mattress company the first half of last year, which I think helped me improve socially, even if all I was doing was standing outside holding a big cardboard sign staring at cars going by staring at me all day. Long story short, I'm just another depressed american looking for work and waiting for the apocalypse.

Nullgeist said:
Hi, I'm a 21 year old male, and I'm from the Seattle area. Lived here my whole life. Advertisements like to make the pacific northwest seem like a beautiful place, but that's only true if you can afford to live near the remaining 50 square feet of nature. I like to listen to and make music, research things, fill my head with trivia and conspiracy nonsense, and watch the occasional movie. I've never been diagnosed with social anxiety, but I think I have some acute form of it. I'm mostly just an awkward guy, but I'm always trying to fix that. I've never liked people too much; since I was a kid, I would over-analyze social situations and rather than fear them, I would sort of dissect them and then become apathetic to it all. I'm either lazy or brilliant, but I'm feeling humble this morning, so I'll go with lazy. Skip to present day, I'm still that way, but I'm really trying to improve myself rather than blame everyone else. I have a few friends, but I don't talk to them often, so if I ever feel like I need to talk to anybody, I write it all down, which works sometimes. I've had one job so far, holding a sign for a mattress company the first half of last year, which I think helped me improve socially, even if all I was doing was standing outside holding a big cardboard sign staring at cars going by staring at me all day. Long story short, I'm just another depressed american looking for work and waiting for the apocalypse.

Hey man, I'm in Seattle too. Sorry to hear you're feeling down. What area of the city are you in?

Amthorn said:
Hey man, I'm in Seattle too. Sorry to hear you're feeling down. What area of the city are you in?

I'm actually in Auburn, about 25 miles south of Seattle, I grew up basically between Seattle and Tacoma.

Ah yeah, ok, I live in North Seattle, Lake City area. I went to a concert down your way last summer, god it was insane traffic!

Amthorn said:
Ah yeah, ok, I live in North Seattle, Lake City area. I went to a concert down your way last summer, god it was insane traffic!

Oh cool, howdy neighbor! :)

Was it White River Amphitheatre? I never went there, but I know some big bands have performed at it, I believe KISS even played there recently.

It's insane, the traffic and parking are brutal. It is a great venue though. I went and saw a comedy tour, Aziz Ansari, Sarah Silverman, Loius CK, it was fun!

Nullgeist said:

Kiaora from new zealand my friend, hope you feel better soon bro.

Latest posts

Back