Hello, I'm new (obviously)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yogen

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the site and I think I need to introduce myself:

I'm 18 years old, apparently it should be one of the best moments of my life, but it's the worse I've ever had.
Been lonely since high school, was getting a bit better and the end of it, but now at college it sucks, no real interactions, haven't made even a single new friend. Been having suicidal thoughts for a while, but lately they're becoming more and more recurrent, and sometimes I think of very insane homicidal stuff (like horrifying horror movies), and it scares me (Those thoughts are more recent).

Can't understand why no one will start talking to me, but can start talking to any other strangers so easily.

By the way, I'm from and live in Mexico, so that makes it worse, people here tend to be easygoing and everyone has many friends. (Imagine an armless man at a boxing gym)

Welcome! I know exactly how you feel, I am a very friendly but I feel that a lot of time I cant connect with people. Maybe you should join a club or a group that way your in close contact with a few people and go from there :) that's what helped me anyways just keep trying and I know that you'll make some friends if not then you can always make friends here

Hey Yogen! I'm 18 too and in a similar social situation. :\ It thoroughly sucks, but there are still many years of college left ahead. What sort of efforts are you making to meet people? Probably more than me - all I did was join 2 clubs where I hardly interact. If you have smaller sized classes, try just striking up a conversation with someone next to you and they will likely sit beside you again for the rest of the semester. My classes go up to 1500 students, so that's super hard for me. :p

Again, welcome to ALL and I hope things look up for you in the near future. :)

An armless man at a boxing gym is my idea of the safest person to walk up to and to talk to, so maybe it's time for you to extend and enhance your image of yourself as being that man?

I honestly believe that we all radiate a certain inter-personal signal that isn't just body language, but is still being transmitted and is damning us.

Welcome aboard! You came to the finest place!

Latest posts

Back