Hello out there

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Moose

Reaction score
Hi folks..Yep The loneliness has finally got to me so I've joined to seek some solace from like minded people.
I'm 39 years old and have lived by myself for 20 years..I'm not totally isolated and have a few proper friends that understand me but I'm just sick and tired of living by myself and having no one to talk to about what I'm going through..
I do not have a proper job but I am a musicain and untill last year I was gigging regulary but had to quit due to an ear infection..
I try to keep busy with recording music and art and remain positive but this lack of connection is getting to me..
So hello to you all and I hope i can shake these blues!!

Welcome :)

Oh I can't imagine how I could live without music even if it brings more harm than happiness...

I'm open to all sorts whatever does the trick for me..I particualary like beat and psychedelic music from the 1960's and have a good collection of obscure gems with names like The chocolate watchband,13th floor elevators,The Electric prunes the list is endless..
There's a great scene out there for people who like this music and I used to gig all the time but sadly due to ear problems I've been held back..
How about you..what do you listen to ?

dramaqueen said:
I see :/

Metal music lol
OK..not really my field but sometimes if i need a surge of power I listen to Carcass or Autopsy..not sure if that is metal or grindcore..hee hee so many genre names I get confused..
A friend of mine likes metal..he always plays me Metallica and Slipknot..I like Slipknot's attitude..

i like carcass more than slipknot, but anyway. welcome. i am sure you'll find this a welcoming place.

Mike Moose said:
dramaqueen said:
I see :/

Metal music lol
OK..not really my field but sometimes if i need a surge of power I listen to Carcass or Autopsy..not sure if that is metal or grindcore..hee hee so many genre names I get confused..
A friend of mine likes metal..he always plays me Metallica and Slipknot..I like Slipknot's attitude..

lol I was a biiiiiiiiiiiig fan of metallica when I was 11 that's when I started to listen to all this metal thing...
yeah slipknot are good...

welcome again!!^^ see ya around!

hmm, i think you might find some folks here that listen to the kind of music you like as well. i think i recall those names... will see.
and cool, glad that you feel better.

See, I have a guitar, but I don't know how to play it. So I just cuddle with dreams of playing one day.

Mike Moose said:
.....I particualary like beat and psychedelic music from the 1960's and have a good collection of obscure gems with names like The chocolate watchband,13th floor elevators,The Electric prunes the list is endless..
There's a great scene out there for people who like this music...

Where is "out there"? Oh never mind, I see you are in England. Unfortunately that music is pretty ignored in the states anymore. Kind of a sad state of affairs when the only place i can find music from a old group from the next state over, is in England. I am glad someone is keeping it alive.

Minus said:
Mike Moose said:
.....I particualary like beat and psychedelic music from the 1960's and have a good collection of obscure gems with names like The chocolate watchband,13th floor elevators,The Electric prunes the list is endless..
There's a great scene out there for people who like this music...

Where is "out there"? Oh never mind, I see you are in England. Unfortunately that music is pretty ignored in the states anymore. Kind of a sad state of affairs when the only place i can find music from a old group from the next state over, is in England. I am glad someone is keeping it alive.
I mean hello out there to folks in cyber space! Yeah I've been listening to what's known as 60's garage/psych for many moons now..do you collect the vinyl? It's my healthy obsession!

I guess i have never thought of it as collecting but i do have LP's of those that you mentioned and others that you would probably recognize from Moby Grape to the Blues Magoos.

Latest posts

Back