Hello there......

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle

Reaction score
Hi All, my name is Danielle, and just joined the site today. I am 32, live in Boston Ma, single...and quite lonely. I am looking for ideas of how to change the rut that I find myself in, and make some friends...even just online friends as well.
Lets see...a little about me.... I am a behavioral theraipst, and run a group home for developmentally disabled adults. I do have friends, but thay are now spread out around the country, with families of their own, so I don't get out as often as I would like. I have the travel bug, though I haven't traveled to many places... thats another thing I would like to change. Oh, also I am a terrible speller!! So i appologize for that in advance!
So anyway....I hope to get to chat with all of you at some point here on the site...I am glad a place like this exsits.
~Be well...Danielle

Welcome to the forum

I'm sitting here today wondering how I got to be so lonely... I work alone, for the most part, and live alone....along with my 2 cats. the thing is...I am a social person...I love to be with people, meet new people, and be part of something. I just don't know where along the lines I lost all of that. It seems that it has always been like this...but hit hardest about 4 years ago, when my boyfriend of 12 years broke up with me, and moved out of our apartment. Since then, I have only done casual dating, nothing serious...but I am ready for something serious. I know I don't need a man to make me happy, but I sure would like one! Also, my girl friends are all married now...staring families...and there is just nothing left for me.
I have been suffering depression for the past 10-12 years....so when i sign myself up for classes, or activites to meet new people, I end up canceling the engaements...and staying home....ALONE! does anyone else do this? is there a way out of this?
Hopefully someone will read this, maybe have ideas, or can symathize with where I am in life right now.
I hope all is well with all of you... thanks for listening....

Welcome welcome Danielle!
My name is Danielle too. I have found good advice and some friends on here, so I hope you can find the same.
I have no experiences similar to the ones you describe, so I feel out of place giving advice. But I know others here can help you.
Best of luck,
~D

thank you all for the warm welcome. It's ok to not have advice, sometimes just having people to talk/chat with is better. I am having trouble getting into the chat room...it doesn't allow me in...does anyone have any ideas of what I may be doing wrong? :) thanks

Hi Danielle,

I know what you mean about your friends all getting married and starting families. Both of my best friends have in the past 2-3 years gotten married and started families. To top that off, each of them have gotten jobs in other cities and are now several hours away. It has become increasingly more difficult to talk to them about best friend type stuff because of the differences in our lives now. I too would like to meet new friends and perhaps someone special in my life, but also feel anxiety and end up backing out at the last minute. I have also recently lost about 60 pounds, but my confidence level is still 60 pounds ago, so I find it difficult to approach women.

I have been trying to find things that I enjoy doing and maybe I will meet someone doing that. At least we would have that in common. So far, no luck, but I keep trying.

Tron

Tron,
I understand where you are coming from. I have also had a major weight loss...and my mindset is still where it used to be. I go and meet men, but my self confidence is not where it should be...so it never really goes past a second date.
I also sympathize with your friends moving away....mine have all gone their ways with wives and husbands and kids... kind of leaves me on a different page than all of them. I am here to talk...anytime. If you have yahoo or AIM instant messenger you can reach me at screen name Maldy48

Latest posts

Back