Hello!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BayouWoman

Reaction score
I am 55 and am from the midwest. I didn't see any rules on these forums, like am I too old? A lot of you mention social anxiety,this is not run by some therapist or anything, correct? I am quite outgoing and friendly and have no social phobias. I am almost totally new to forums as this is only my second. I left the first because it seemed people were only interested in chewing people up and spitting them out, if you know what I mean. This forum works totally different so I feel a bit lost.

I have been diagnosed with BPPV in short it means I have an inner ear problem and am dizzy all the time, they say only when you move your head, but when do you not move your head? They aren't sure what causes this or what makes it go away. This is my 71st day of being dizzy. I am about housebound because going out is excruciating and I cannot drive because of the medicine I am taking for nausea. I am about to go apeshit from being stuck at home on the couch.

But anyway, hello to all!

Hi there :) and welcome.

It isn't run by a therapist or anything like that. There are lots of friendly people here.

If you have any questions of how to do anything here, just ask, there are loads of helpful people here.

BayouWoman said:
I am 55 and am from the midwest. I didn't see any rules on these forums, like am I too old? A lot of you mention social anxiety,this is not run by some therapist or anything, correct? I am quite outgoing and friendly and have no social phobias. I am almost totally new to forums as this is only my second. I left the first because it seemed people were only interested in chewing people up and spitting them out, if you know what I mean. This forum works totally different so I feel a bit lost.

I have been diagnosed with BPPV in short it means I have an inner ear problem and am dizzy all the time, they say only when you move your head, but when do you not move your head? They aren't sure what causes this or what makes it go away. This is my 71st day of being dizzy. I am about housebound because going out is excruciating and I cannot drive because of the medicine I am taking for nausea. I am about to go apeshit from being stuck at home on the couch.

But anyway, hello to all!

Welcome, I don't think you are old. I am, drum roll...... almost 65 years old!

Thanks for the welcome katisk! Glad I am not the only oldie around here. Funny, I don't "feel" old, do you? Hardly ever think of it really. What is it they say? It's not your age it's your attitude?

Hi Bayouwoman, I have replied to your posting on my thread. I guess you will see that and it's kind of redundant of me to post this. But I just wanted to say thank you again for taking the time to talk to me. I really, really appreciate it.

BayouWomna,

I don't know if it is the attitude we take. I can't say I feel young, and can't say I feel old. I am soon to be 65 and look forward to living these retirement years without drama, peaceful, and serene and having good health. I've gotten used to living by alone. I go to the movies alone, library, park, and even solo-travel. For the most part, I don't feel sad or lonely. I am not a social butterfly, never was, and don't think I will ever be one, but I try to go places where people are spiritual in nature. Not religious fanatics, just spiritual in nature.

BayouWoman said:
Thanks for the welcome katisk! Glad I am not the only oldie around here. Funny, I don't "feel" old, do you? Hardly ever think of it really. What is it they say? It's not your age it's your attitude?

I hear you, I too am a very spiritual person.

I thought my latter years would be nice and peaceful and serene, a chance to relax and enjoy the not so frantic pace of things. Now, I don't think that is how it is meant to be. I am adjusting...

I hardly ever even think in terms of age, unless someone asks. Most times I don't even think of it.

I loved being in a relationship and I do love people, don't know if I am quite the social butterfly though. I am now a widow and I am enjoying this stage in life too, no one to answer too, total freedom, the selfishness of it being just me with no one else to think about or be responsible for...there are a lot of pleasant qualities to being alone! Living life on your terms in your timeframe and marching to the beat of your own drum, just for starters.

Where are you from?

I am not so sure living alone beats living with a caring partner or family member. One just has to cope. I am from Costa Rica. Yo hablo espanol.

BayouWoman said:
I hear you, I too am a very spiritual person.

I thought my latter years would be nice and peaceful and serene, a chance to relax and enjoy the not so frantic pace of things. Now, I don't think that is how it is meant to be. I am adjusting...

I hardly ever even think in terms of age, unless someone asks. Most times I don't even think of it.

I loved being in a relationship and I do love people, don't know if I am quite the social butterfly though. I am now a widow and I am enjoying this stage in life too, no one to answer too, total freedom, the selfishness of it being just me with no one else to think about or be responsible for...there are a lot of pleasant qualities to being alone! Living life on your terms in your timeframe and marching to the beat of your own drum, just for starters.

Where are you from?

Katisk,

Costa Rica! Very cool!

I think one needs to look on the bright side also, there is good and bad to being in a relationship and good and bad to being single. I try to focus on the good in all.

Latest posts

Back