Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah G

Reaction score
This is intimidating isn't it?
I feel like I'm giving a speech. I could do with a stiff drink or a beta-blocker or something.
Well, let's keep it short and sweet then.
My name is Sarah and I am short and sweet. In other news I am 44, British, female, married, living in the Netherlands and lonely. I hear that I am a very closed off person who is difficult to get to know and may or may not think that I am better than everybody else (I don't think that!).
I am shy and as we all know, shyness is nice. 
I am a stay at home carer to my husband so that is a lonely sort of a life as he doesn't like to leave the house unless it is absolutely necessary (four times a year). Generally I do voluntary work although I don't have any right now. Voluntary work sometimes alleviates the loneliness, sometimes it makes it worse. 

I haven't always lived in this house being a carer, that's just this chapter, the previous chapters were much more exciting of course.

Hey, welcome to the forum. I like the way you word things. We also live in the same country. I hope you'll find what you're looking for!

Hi and welcome! :)

You expressed your situation very well that, while my lonely life is different, I can imagine how it is for you.

Hope you have an exciting time in the forum, and much more better, in offline world!

(...interesting profile pic btw. I like it)

Hello Sarah and welcome to ALL,

Don't get many Netherlands located folks here, or maybe they are just all avoiding me :p
Read your bio as I often do for new members, how about adding a #human to your list, because we all have faults and flaws and made mistakes we would like to forget as if they never happened, in amongst the good parts!

Hope you'll get out of ALL what you need.

MisterLonely said:
Hello Sarah and welcome to ALL,

Don't get many Netherlands located folks here, or maybe they are just all avoiding me :p
Read your bio as I often do for new members, how about adding a #human to your list, because we all have faults and flaws and made mistakes we would like to forget as if they never happened, in amongst the good parts!

Hope you'll get out of ALL what you need.

#human is a good one, thanks! I have been trying to remind myself lately that I am only a human bean and do not have to be perfect.

Welcome! ^_^ I hope you'll have a good time around here, even if I'm not online as much anymore. You sound like a kind one, and I hope you find some way of shyly socializing :)

Thanks Meaw, I do try and avoid letting my heart get cold and hard.

Thank you Loaded. I'm no hero, I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everybody else. (Tina Belcher)

I do it one boob at a time too, but as a bloke, man boobs are kind of embarrassing. Just a fact of middle age... :)

Latest posts

Back