Help me..?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayri

Reaction score
How do you cry ? i cannot cry any more. It is very rare occasion that i do. i sit and make noises and try to fall deeper into the sadness, but not even a tear slips out. Then i feel embarrassed and just stop. i want a good cry right now..i think it would do me some good. Please help.

This is a diffcult one. I have had times when I have been full of feelings but been unable to cry and it is so painful when this happens, because you feel that there is so much damned up inside you. I usually find that the tears do eventually come, though. How long have you been feeling like this? Have you been criticised for crying in the past?

I find that when the tears dont come there is usualy another emotion that needs to come out first. For me it is rage, so i go for a ride and scream until i have no voice...then the tears come. Sometimes not enough though. Something inside of me seems to block this... because when i let myself cry i may loose controle and go deeper in the sadness, thatis dangerous for me (suicidal).
There are so many reasons that could prevent you from crying. Like tiina said beeing criticised about it is also a very strong blocker.

Just to say though, i have heard that some people who are dehydrated cannot produce tears...maybe all you need to do is drink water lol.
Take care

I don't know how to cry... sometimes I feel like crying so much but just can't... and then it almost feels worse when a few tears come out but then nothing else. I'm a little wary about saying this, but the last time I really really cried was when I got drunk with a few friends about a week ago. I wish I could just cry when I need to though.

I generally tend to have a fairly emotional breakdown or cry particularly when it comes to failing something that's important in my life and for me, that goes down to failing certain units or studies in general I should be passing in University. Hell, it's even worse when parents and such start to get frustrated over your fails and then tears start to come over yourself, feeling lost with life and society.

As for advice how to cry, I start off getting all frustrated and depressed about the issue first up and as soon as that happens, especially if it's an important, drastic issue, tears may drop from there. Otherwise, I don't know if that helps you or not. Sorry.

Inducing crying will not help you, because you know that you had to manufacture your tears. Crying must be a natural response to certain emotions. It cleanses the soul. Perhaps the reason you want a "Good Cry" deserves further study.

OP I have exactly the same thing I simply cannot cry much. Once in about 2 years now. At least you are not the only one. Maybe extra sad music might help you but does not work for me anyway

i feel embarrassed because i just feel like God is looking down at me. (Stupid i know) i got a few tears out last night. i just ran back over all the things that made me feel so depressed and i got some out. But just as you guys said, not enough. i've tried sad music...felt embarrassed again :p i tried trying to feel more depressed. It helps sometimes. i should try to get the anger out. i bet that would help. i just realized that i tend to want to cry when i am upset and around people. My eyes get watery and i feel my throat tensing, like i am preparing for a breakdown. Maybe that's me trying to tell myself that i want those around me to see how i feel and help...?? i don't know.

I can almost cry whenever I want to, its actually a pretty good skill, for an actor anyways. It helps if you are deep, in touch with your emotions, care about stuff, and are able to see and reflect on the all the sorrow out there. It's not the desire to cry that deserves further study, most likely it is a fear that one is becoming cold, heartless, indifferent, and inhuman.

I know what you mean though. When my dad shot himself when I was 16, I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. I was upset that I could not cry and wondered at how heartless I seemed to myself. I understood in my mind that this was the kind of wound that started off soft and would only get worse over time.

Something that may help, and some songs that might do the trick:

Imagine you are completely trapped and forsaken inside of a strange place, or haunted museum. Left there over the weekend, locked inside somehow. There is no food, but I'll give you a water fountain and some bathrooms. It's going to be a dark and lonely weekend. The second one is from THE album that activated my dreamy deeper side back when I was thirteen.

[youtube]66mghzJCY2s[/youtube][youtube]jwAop6MVxa4[/youtube]
[youtube]1gMxKBLftq4&ob=av2n[/youtube][youtube]7irynJtKI4I[/youtube]

Not sure why I thought of this one, but it is a sad song. This last one is a topic that may also be of some interest. Raising your vibrational frequency. High vibration, is not something I can explain. It sort of feels like a powered up super saiyan transformation, only entirely emotional and spiritual. I'm not buying the whole ascension thing, but at least it had a nice song and video instead of a bunch of talking.

Latest posts

Back