Help welcome new members

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Empathy

Here's how this will work:
1. When you feel like being friendly, go to this link and see what new members there are: (newest is on top)
Sorted Member List

2. Pick a person near the top, then check this thread here to make sure no body else is already sending them a welcome message.

3. If they are not being welcomed already, post in this thread that you're welcoming them (be sure to post their username clearly for others to check for!)

4. Then send them whatever kind of welcome message you feel like :) Perhaps remind them to include their location in their profile.

Example:
"I'm sending Carlos5800 a welcome message now"

C'mon ladies and gents, surely we can do better than this at helping eachother out.

I just sent galincrises (brand new member, no posts) the following hello message

Again, link to member page sorted by join date:

Hello :) Saw you registered and wanted to send a welcome message! What brings you here?

We all have our different types of lonely, but that helps us understand eachother pretty well.

Welcome,

-Empathy

hi to all of you, i'm feeling friendly today so i'm sending xbox a welcoming message!

a kiss and a big smile!

Lots of new members! Some with 1 post, hope they keep coming back.

Sent hellos to Firefly and martylat

That's even better, for those that posted. Does take more time though. Shooting off a hello is super easy, so I expect more people to be able to do it. Come on people! :p

Sent a hi to Archer14

Friendship is about the effort and interest. Pleasantries are for mere acquaintanceship.

I was raised by wolves so I lack social skills and the ability to communicate effectively ;) which means I'll leave the warm welcoming to someone more qualified - like Empathy.

Wolves :eek: I want to hear more about that!! ;)

Acquaintance is a step toward friendship. Mainly the point is not to make friends with the person you welcome, but to let them know the forum is actually active so they come back.

Dare we spare the effort? Acquaintance may be necessary, yet inadequate, towards friendship. And so it may behoove us all to think ahead and beyond and so to strive. Or are we any of us doing something more important? You all pine for friendship, yet you quail so at any prospect of troubling yourselves to be a friend.

Dare we spare the effort?
Sarcasm doesn't work well online, I don't know if anyone's told you that in the last 15 years of the internet. Also, sarcasm is not the same as intelligence. Actually, it makes you look like an idiot.

Acquaintance may be necessary, yet inadequate, towards friendship.
That is what defines a step.

And so it may behoove us all to think ahead and beyond and so to strive.
We're already doing that. The conversation advanced beyond that days ago.

Or are we any of us doing something more important?
Actually yes, I have more important things going on in my life, as we all do. Making friends on this forum is not many people's #1 priority in life. Visiting with my sister this weekend is more important. You can take your self-righteousness and shove it.

You all pine for friendship, yet you quail so at any prospect of troubling yourselves to be a friend.
Way to lump everyone into one group, and be insulting in the same sentence. That's a sign of weak thinking.

This is what most of your posts are like. I won't be responding to you any more.

Empathy said:
Dare we spare the effort?
Sarcasm doesn't work well online, I don't know if anyone's told you that in the last 15 years of the internet.  Also, sarcasm is not the same as intelligence.  Actually, it makes you look like an idiot.
Actually, sarchasm works just fine on the Internet. However I was not being sarchastic.
Acquaintance may be necessary, yet inadequate, towards friendship.

That is what defines a step.
Perhaps what defines a step is the occurrence or intention of further steps.
And so it may behoove us all to think ahead and beyond and so to strive.
We're already doing that.  The conversation advanced beyond that days ago.
I think not.
Or are we any of us doing something more important?
Actually yes, I have more important things going on in my life, as we all do.  Making friends on this forum is not many people's #1 priority in life.  Visiting with my sister this weekend is more important.  You can take your self-righteousness and shove it.
We must all set priorities.
You all pine for friendship, yet you quail so at any prospect of troubling yourselves to be a friend.
Way to lump everyone into one group, and be insulting in the same sentence.  That's a sign of weak thinking.
Way to sidestep the troublesome observation entirely.
This is what most of your posts are like.  I won't be responding to you any more.
Suit yourself.

Latest posts

Back