Hey

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel

Reaction score
Hi, introduction time, I'm male, 38, a single dad, and I live on a forsaken rock in the English Channel. Ok, not really forsaken, but it does feel like it sometimes.

I use "Steel" online all the time, but I'm also quite happy to be called Rick/Richard/Rich, which is probably because that's my name.

I've already perused the forums, and you seem like an interesting bunch of people. Since I hate lurking, I felt I had to introduce myself ASAP lol.

Steel said:
Hi, introduction time, I'm male, 38, a single dad, and I live on a forsaken rock in the English Channel. Ok, not really forsaken, but it does feel like it sometimes.

I use "Steel" online all the time, but I'm also quite happy to be called Rick/Richard/Rich, which is probably because that's my name.

I've already perused the forums, and you seem like an interesting bunch of people. Since I hate lurking, I felt I had to introduce myself ASAP lol.

Hi, Rich and welcome! Lots of really nice people here. Post often!

Eve

Hey Rick, what's up? Living in those forsaken places is tough :)

Welcome to the forums! Everyone here is pretty friendly.

Hi, Rick, welcome to the forums! ^^

Pretty sure that you're the first single dad here (Not the only single parent though). That must be a challenge. How old are your child/children?

Hi Rick, Well Rick seems to be the one that your stuck with here. But I did think steel was a cool name :cool:

Welcome here mate :)

Hello Richard :)
Nice to meet you. I think it would be great to live in a place that doesn't have a lot of people. So how many children do you have?
Look forward to seeing you around!
Naleena

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Ok, I actually have 3 kids, two daughters aged 17 and 11 and a son who is 15. I completely exaggerate when I say where I live is forsaken, there's quite a few (50,000) people living here, but since I was born in a city it feels small to me... plus the whole living on an island thing means you can't as easily just take off in the car somewhere.

Hiya Rich

Nice to meet you. There are loads of good people no here that are great to talk to. Look forward to getting to know you a little better.

Steel said:
Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Ok, I actually have 3 kids, two daughters aged 17 and 11 and a son who is 15. I completely exaggerate when I say where I live is forsaken, there's quite a few (50,000) people living here, but since I was born in a city it feels small to me... plus the whole living on an island thing means you can't as easily just take off in the car somewhere.

wow.
Are u really a single dad with 3 children??????????????And what happened to ur wife?
Or more like u get them on weekends or visiting hours?

No, I really am a single dad with 3 kids (24/7) lol.

Their mother is alive and well, just doesn't want to know basically.

It does often provoke surprise, but in all honestly, many mums find themselves in exactly my situation. Some people just don't have the same level of parental attachment as others I guess.

Steel said:
No, I really am a single dad with 3 kids (24/7) lol.

Their mother is alive and well, just doesn't want to know basically.

It does often provoke surprise, but in all honestly, many mums find themselves in exactly my situation. Some people just don't have the same level of parental attachment as others I guess.

Single dad of three AND likes Skid Row?? AWESOME, dude! If you ever want to talk 80s, hit me up. :p

Just try and shut me up about it lol. I love 80s music (particularly hair metal)

Hey it's never to late to say hello!! I'm hit and miss with the hello's because my posting is sporadic, at best.
And Steel...a few years back, I saw Poison, Cinderella, Faster Pussycat and Winger! Those guys still rock! I don't think Winger had even played together in like 7 years or something!

Latest posts

Back