Hezekiah's Thread Of Insanity (Update)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, ya some adults have less maturity than my 11 year old.
Yes the group was predomenently women with a few men. There seemed to be one ''leader'' it gave me a sect like feeling.
Anyway, i have stayed away from forums after that, then started lurking here and decided to join.

I think it's terrible when people do what they did to you Whispers. It is just so childish.

It happens everywhere, even on fan/hobby sites I'm on which kind of surprised me cause we all share a common interest. But even then there are some that group together and there have been escalated arguments over petty little things. Whole groups would leave the site and start their own. There is one chain in particular where a group of members left one site, started their own, and a few years later became divided themselves, a group left that site and started their own. I'm waiting for that one to yet split again. It's sad really, because it becomes very obvious to everyone what is going on and who are the trouble makers. It follows them. One even went as far as to PM many members on one site to get them to come to his. To me that was just trashy to do. I never have signed up on their other site. I had a "friendship" with them all, but actions speak louder than words.

At the end of the day though these are just forums, most of us will never meet face to face. The extent of our involvements in each others lives starts here and ends here. You can always turn off your computer and go outside for a walk, or do something else than worry about childish people.

This forum in particular is an escape for most from our ever day lives. Someplace to go to interact with people who know what we are going through and understand us. If only for a few hours a day. That's what we need to keep in mind here, we all have our flaws, our own insecurities, and personal baggage. We all don't always deal with it in a healthy manor and each and everyone of us need to keep that in mind. The other person is dealing with their own issues as well and what we say and how we act affects that person. The way we treat others here is an extension of who we are in real life, no matter how much someone wants to say they aren't. It's those who can look beyond childish behaviour and be the "bigger person". To say "you know what, this person is going through something, maybe reaching out is better than (over) reacting". And when people don't want to act like adults and act like children, just walk away, ignore it. The more you react the more you feed their sick wrapped scene of amusement.

There is having fun and then there is taking that fun too far and hurting someone. We're not hear to hurt people or make an enemies list, we're here to help each other. You don't get along with someone fine, that will happen, just like in real life. You ignore that person, you can always ignore that person.

Hi All.:)

Boxing, UFC, Wrestling, Ultra Gory Video Games, Gory Movies, High School Fights. Why do you feel that we as humans find these violent acts so appealing? What is it about violence that interests so many of us? Shouldn't it be offensive to most people as opposed to interesting?

Besides gory video games I find none of those interesting, so I can only hypothesize on those. Gory video games are just...fantasy...they over exaggerate most of the time so they aren't even that accurate, same with gory movies. For me it's just the rendering, like an eyeball flying at you with a trail of blood. In real life that wouldn't be so amusing. It's like living in a world of the what if, letting your inner psycho out for a bit. When it comes to gory games I stick to Resident Evil, those are mostly zombies and creatures anyway.

The rest of the stuff, I dunno. Same thing I guess. The stuff that is real anyway. It's someone else being hurt too, not yourself or someone you really know most of the time. People usually cheer them on when they don't know them. It's like releasing some frustration vicariously. I imagine those who know the person who is in a fight are all like "are you okay" afterwards. While others who don't would be like "did you see that guys tooth go flying out of his mouth, that was awesome".

Interesting question, I've never been in a fight or watch that stuff. I've seen fights at school but usually walked away most of the time. I'm not big on violence except for the fake staged stuff like in movies and video games where no one gets hurt except by accident if that.

It's funny. From the three stooges to people in wheelchairs falling in escalators...

but I agree this culture seems to take it a bit too far sometimes. maybe it's a way to getting used to the violence of capitalism itself. Most important forms of violence come from goverments.

Sci-Fi said:
Besides gory video games I find none of those interesting, so I can only hypothesize on those. Gory video games are just...fantasy...they over exaggerate most of the time so they aren't even that accurate, same with gory movies. For me it's just the rendering, like an eyeball flying at you with a trail of blood. In real life that wouldn't be so amusing. It's like living in a world of the what if, letting your inner psycho out for a bit. When it comes to gory games I stick to Resident Evil, those are mostly zombies and creatures anyway.

The rest of the stuff, I dunno. Same thing I guess. The stuff that is real anyway. It's someone else being hurt too, not yourself or someone you really know most of the time. People usually cheer them on when they don't know them. It's like releasing some frustration vicariously. I imagine those who know the person who is in a fight are all like "are you okay" afterwards. While others who don't would be like "did you see that guys tooth go flying out of his mouth, that was awesome".

Interesting question, I've never been in a fight or watch that stuff. I've seen fights at school but usually walked away most of the time. I'm not big on violence except for the fake staged stuff like in movies and video games where no one gets hurt except by accident if that.
There's certainly no shortage of violence in "Mortal Kombat 9"(PS3). I just got done killing Shao Kahn with Sheeva. The fatalities in this "MK" are awesome! I wish that I was allowed to use a fatality on him, but it won't let me. Bastards!

This is an extremely simplified answer: evolution.

That's true Kat, we do seem to become more desensitized to violence and gore over the years.

LOL @ three stooges, I watch the old series on weekends sometimes. Hilarious stuff.

Being desensitized is not evolution.

Why do we like violence?

If a caveman preferred a cup of tea over defending his territory, then he would die.

Could it not be a case of being drawn to things we have been taught to suppress and thus they’ve become the forbidden fruit we all want to taste? And if we can't taste them ourselves can we sample them through others as our escapism?

LoneKiller said:
Watching "Rocky 4" gets me so fired up that it makes we want to go out and kick someone's ass.:p

I think that's normal :p

When I was in high school, these 2 guys got into it. All they did was circle each other for 15 minutes saying things like "..C'mon ***** bring it..", "..You think I'm scared of you punk?..", "..Let's go. Let's do it..", "..Roll up *******..", "..Bring it.." Fuc&%^&&ing Idiots.

Felix said:
It's funny. From the three stooges to people in wheelchairs falling in escalators...

People in wheelchairs falling down escalators is not funny.

Kat said:
Being desensitized is not evolution.

Sorry that's what I thought you meant by that statement. Maybe a clearer explanation of what you meant by that then. I don't see how evolution if you mean it in it's proper context applies. :)

Ak5 touched the tip of the iceberg when discussing how the theory of evolution is relevant to this topic. There is an enormous amount of evidence in behavioral studies which shows that aggression is rewarding in terms of brain chemistry, and that evolution by means of natural selection has selected for aggressive behavior. I'm sure information in textbook amounts could be presented in this topic but there really isn't much point in going on such a tangent.

This is a compilation of "MK 9" "Fatalities" which I think are the most violent ones of the entire series.

Warning: Spoiler Video Graphic

[YOUTUBE]ijh4fcapGY4[/YOUTUBE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back