Hezekiah's Thread Of Insanity

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same as Sci-Fi, it was somehow comforting to see a community of loners like myself.

I felt like I was turning a new page in my life, ditching the old forum I wrote in, finally graduating, getting rid of the quasi-girlfriend, going to an interview for my future job around that date.

Desperate and fearful of the future because my life was changing in a drastic way. I needed all the support I could get. I never thought of myself as a lonely person before, but I believed there was nothing I could lose by joining and posting.

I was very depressed and even suicidal sadly... Now things are much better and I have achieved lot of things! :)

I don't know really. I think I was apprehensive that it would be some sort of clique that excluded new folks. Thankfully, this does not appear to be the case.

I actually can't remember. I think I was excited and hopeful. The nerves kicked in after the first couple of days. Lots of people are nice when they first meet me, it's when they get to know me that the trouble starts.

I too like rep points. I think all mine came on the first day I was here.

I remember viewing the member list here some time ago. I noticed that some of the members who aren't active anymore
were members with me on older forums. They used the same username here as they did on the other forum(s). Can't recall the old forum names though. lol

It felt great to find a place where I could be accepted without feeling like I am bringing other people down or being judged. This site has been a great place to rant/vent, to learn more about the way that people think and to come across helpful ways of dealing with my 'loneliness.' :)

I post here when I feel like I need to get something off my chest (When I need advice or if I need to find out if anyone can relate to my experience(s). I'm not really bothered about anything else as long as I have a positive experience. I would be lying though if I said that I didn't care for personal messages. I would like to meet more people and hopefully gain some online friends and maybe offline friends too.

I haven't been here long...
It has helped me communicate ideas more effectively (somewhat.) It helped when I was feeling particularly low. I don't think I've grown in any other way. I'm as paranoid as ever, still loathe my appearance and lack of social likeability. And I've got less work done :(

The same clique mentality exists here; people who make clever or funny comments get more attention for their topics or other posts. Social hierarchy is kind of ironic on a site for lonely people. And it's discouraging when members you've been in long conversations up and leave without warning. But there are some really generous people here along with it..

Not really, it's not my scene.

I was very interested when I found this forum that it seemed to fit how I felt and also other members with anxiety and depression who I could relate to. I also was happy to see that it wasn't a slow moving forum like some others I had tried with previous searches.

I also was happy about how sweet people are here. A couple other forums I had tried were not so good..

Nope. I went to a nude beach when I was younger and there wasn't a single person under 60 so I left as soon as I could. I imagine these colonies are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back