Hi Everyone (an update on me and some links for you)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinzeUK

Reaction score
Hey guys, how are you all?

I haven't posted/been on this forum for a while and as some of you know, I was going through quite a tough time personally with things and with my dad being ill etc. Well, things are a bit better now at least as far as I am concerned. I still don't have a job yet (meh) and my dad's health is still so so, but I did FINALLY receive some counselling in the end (took about 8 months until I finally got to see someone). It's been going quite well and has helped a little bit. Just the chance to speak to someone who's objective at least gave me the opportunity to share my problems and fears and for me to be able to bring out some of my issues I have with myself and my situation. I am now on course to start some C.B.T. (Cognitive Behavioural Training) as discussed with my counsellor, so I'm just trying to take things one day at a time.

I've got about 2 more sessions left I think with my counsellor but I've already told her that it's a small relief at the very least to be able to finally speak to someone after such a long time of feeling lost and in the dark. My sleeping patterns have started to improve too over the last few weeks which is somewhat of a blessed relief when I was sleeping for 3-6 hours a night (and broken sleep at that) as some of you may remember me saying. I started to get into a lot of self help and guidance/meditation videos that I've come across on Youtube recently and a few of those have been a real help too in helping to try and shift my mindset into being more positive. There is one particular guy who I've drawn the biggest inspiration from; a motivational speaker called Les Brown from America. I don't know if anyone has ever heard of him before, but he's considered one of the top people in his field and for good reason.

I will leave a link to a video that I saw of him that was some sort of TV special I guess you could say, that really had a big impact on me. Some other speakers/life coaches and similar of note that have also inspired me are Tony Samara, Sonia Choquette, Dr Wayne Dyer, Derek Mills, Michael Losier, Tony Robbins and Marc Allen. I will also leave a link to a post I made on my blog site with a really good interview with him and a lady called Lilou Mace. Lilou as I have since discovered, is a web TV host, author and interviewer who having lost her job as an Internet Marketing Director a few years back, decided that this was her chance to really find herself and what makes her happy and subsequently, she has (and is) devoting herself to doing a world wide tour to interview some of the most enlightened minds and positive people across the globe as part of her "Juicy Living Tour". Her videos really give people like myself hope and inspiration and I only wish I had come across them sooner! But I will leave a link to her Youtube channel as I think it would be of great interest to people on this forum. After all, most of us are all in the same boat; that's why we are here :)

I hope the rest of you are doing well and are making some headway, if even just a little bit since I last spoke to some of you on here. I am going to read up on some forum posts to see what's what as I have missed being on here. I never used to have the energy a lot of the time even to just sit and read posts on here such is the nature of Depression (plus severe lack of sleep and therefore energy) so it's nice to feel a little more energized these days. I feel like I'm in that transitory period again where everything has been turned on its head, for better or for worse and that it's all tentative steps from here to an unknown future. But then again, that's just life for a lot of us if we're being honest.

Take care for now and I hope you enjoy these links x

Les Brown video:

Derek Mills interview:

Lilou Mace's Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/liloumace

Marc Allen article and video interview:

http://www.empowernetwork.com/steve...erse-is-constantly-saying-yes-to-your-dreams/

I'm glad things have improved. I hope you make it back into chat some time. <3

Barbaloot said:

Thanks Barb, things are getting there but I still have my 'off' days. I just try to not let it be the dominant factor than before. It's tough as you know, but I am trying.

Nice to hear from you and yes I will pop in chat at some stage. I hope you and the other regulars are well? How is Eve, is she ok do you know?

x

kinzeUK said:
Barbaloot said:

Thanks Barb, things are getting there but I still have my 'off' days. I just try to not let it be the dominant factor than before. It's tough as you know, but I am trying.

Nice to hear from you and yes I will pop in chat at some stage. I hope you and the other regulars are well? How is Eve, is she ok do you know?

x

Yep, Eve is fine. Do come back some time. :)

Barbaloot said:
kinzeUK said:
Barbaloot said:

x

Yep, Eve is fine. Do come back some time. :)

That's great to hear, hun and I hope you are too. You have all been in my thoughts a lot recently x

(and yes I will do@chat) :)

Sci-Fi said:
Sorry, I deleted your other 2 duplicate threads, no offence intended.

Hey that's ok, Sci-Fi I didn't realise one wasn't allowed to make multiple threads, sorry :shy:

I just thought those links might be useful to people who don't necessarily go in more than one or two sections of the forums...

Good to see you again, Kinze!!
Im glad to hear that you finally go to see someone. I'm sure it offered a small amount of relief, to be able to share your issues with someone who has experience in these matters.
How is the reflux going? Sorry to hear that your dad still isn't doing so well.

Please keep us posted and pop into chat when you can.

(((((hug)))))

EveWasFramed said:
Good to see you again, Kinze!!
Im glad to hear that you finally go to see someone. I'm sure it offered a small amount of relief, to be able to share your issues with someone who has experience in these matters.
How is the reflux going? Sorry to hear that your dad still isn't doing so well.

Please keep us posted and pop into chat when you can.

(((((hug)))))

Hey, thar she is :)

Hello Eve, it's great to 'see' you again - thanks for the warm welcome and for the well wishes. I hope things are better for you since we last spoke? I hope you're daughter is fine and that work isn't crushing you too much. I will pop into chat at some stage, probably fri night or sat night/morn for a while.

TC for now x

LoneKiller said:
It's great hearing from you kinzeUK! My best wishes for your father's health.

Thanks LK, great to 'see' you too I hope you're well?

I was smirking over that new pic of yours@Jason Voorhees. I might have to swipe that :p

Latest posts

Back