Hi everyone!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.Connecticut

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'll start by telling everyone a bit about myself. I'm 27yr bachelor, I woke up this morning realized I have no social life.

I've had the same best friends since high school and now that we're in our mid-to-late 20s they're starting families and settling down. All the things I used to do in a group I now do alone whether it's drinking, movies or going out to eat I do it by myself. For the last few months I've been feeling like I'm stuck.

I've been working a job that I hate for the last 5 going on 6 years now. I moved out from home last year and I'm not sharing an apartment with two couples both of which are planning their futures and they're both a reminder about how stuck I feel.

I realize something is wrong and I am trying to make progress I even managed to get an interview today (September 19th 2016) honestly I haven't been in an interview in almost 6 years, I'm nervous.

I figured I'd join this forum so not to have to keep everything bottled in sometimes it just feels easier to tell strangers how you feel when the people closest to you if that makes any sense.

I'll most likely pop back in an update anyone who's interested about how the interview went wish me luck.

R.Connecticut said:
Hello everyone. I'll start by telling everyone a bit about myself. I'm 27yr bachelor, I woke up this morning realized I have no social life.

I've had the same best friends since high school and now that we're in our mid-to-late 20s they're starting families and settling down. All the things I used to do in a group I now do alone whether it's drinking, movies or going out to eat I do it by myself. For the last few months I've been feeling like I'm stuck.

I've been working a job that I hate for the last 5 going on 6 years now. I moved out from home last year and I'm not sharing an apartment with two couples both of which are planning their futures and they're both a reminder about how stuck I feel.

I realize something is wrong and I am trying to make progress I even managed to get an interview today (September 19th 2016) honestly I haven't been in an interview in almost 6 years, I'm nervous.

I figured I'd join this forum so not to have to keep everything bottled in sometimes it just feels easier to tell strangers how you feel when the people closest to you if that makes any sense.

I'll most likely pop back in an update anyone who's interested about how the interview went wish me luck.

You seem to be at an important crossroads in life. Let us know how it's going.

Your describing my exact descent into loneliness, In my younger years i had many friends , after HS you stay with the core group , year after they dwindled away mostly from having kids.

I know its bizzare, but it seems when people get married have kids they suddenly have no time or need for you anymore. I completey understand in a way, but it doesnt make life any less lonely.

I have learned one thing over the years though , i will not try to become friends with someone who has young kids, they have no time for you.

As we all know here, the older we get the harder it is to connect to people on a deeper level.

Latest posts

Back