Hi Everyone :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopefulBoy

Reaction score
Hi I'm Chris.

New here and just saying hi. I came across this forum this morning, and its seems like what I need right now, a nice group of people who are friendly to each other.

Im 28, living in South East of England.

So a little about what brought me here;

I had been struggling with depression and anxiety since around October 2016, I had moved back down south after living with my girlfriend of 6 years in Norfolk. The idea was to move in with a couple of my friends while we saved for a house together. Unfortunately after moving into a rented house with my friends and girlfriend fell out with each other which lead to me and my GF breaking up (which was very sad and the last thing I wanted).

I then became depressed and socially anxious, stopped spending time with my friends and secluded myself from them spending all my time in my room on my own. I realised that things were getting bad so I made the choice to begin therapy (still going to therapy now).

During my therapy I realised that I needed to get out of the house I was living in because my anxiety was stopping me eating as I didnt want to leave my room and go to the kitchen. I told my friends that I was going to move out and that I would give them as much time as I could before moving out, I ended up paying for an extra month's rent to help them out after I had moved out.

Once I moved out into a place on my own, things with my friends got really bitter and spiteful, one friend said that I had caused him stress by me moving out, and as a result of that conversation I now no longer feel comfortable around my friendship group. I haven't spoken to them or seen them for a few months now.

So basically, I am now on my own and feeling very lonely, and looking for some people to talk to...

wallflower79 said:
It's going pretty good. How is yours?

Yes today has been fairly productive, partly because I found this site and also been doing a bit of playing around on photoshop.

I must say having not been on this site for long, it seems like a nice place and I look forward to chatting with you guys some more :)

HopefulBoy said:
Hi I'm Chris.

New here and just saying hi. I came across this forum this morning, and its seems like what I need right now, a nice group of people who are friendly to each other.

Im 28, living in South East of England.

So a little about what brought me here;

I had been struggling with depression and anxiety since around October 2016, I had moved back down south after living with my girlfriend of 6 years in Norfolk. The idea was to move in with a couple of my friends while we saved for a house together. Unfortunately after moving into a rented house with my friends and girlfriend fell out with each other which lead to me and my GF breaking up (which was very sad and the last thing I wanted).

I then became depressed and socially anxious, stopped spending time with my friends and secluded myself from them spending all my time in my room on my own. I realised that things were getting bad so I made the choice to begin therapy (still going to therapy now).

During my therapy I realised that I needed to get out of the house I was living in because my anxiety was stopping me eating as I didnt want to leave my room and go to the kitchen. I told my friends that I was going to move out and that I would give them as much time as I could before moving out, I ended up paying for an extra month's rent to help them out after I had moved out.

Once I moved out into a place on my own, things with my friends got really bitter and spiteful, one friend said that I had caused him stress by me moving out, and as a result of that conversation I now no longer feel comfortable around my friendship group. I haven't spoken to them or seen them for a few months now.

So basically, I am now on my own and feeling very lonely, and looking for some people to talk to...

Hi Chris, I'm new here too. I live with anxiety and particularly social anxiety and have found the lack of understanding by people really difficult. It has left me not wanting to get close to people for fear of rejection but at the same time feeling quite isolated and lonely at times. So I kind of understand what you're experiencing. It's certainly not easy.

Hi Shassta.

Thank you very much for posting on my thread :)

I know what you mean, about people not understanding. The friend I mentioned above said he thought I was not treating him like a friend, I think I was just being all weird and anxious and he thought I was avoiding him or something...

The loneliness is difficult, but also the fear of rejection is massive so it tough when you cant bring yourself to try and make new connections with people.

Glad you commented, and I hope we can chat some more, feel free to PM me and tell me what going on in your world :)

Welcome aboard Chris, sorry to hear about how you lost your girlfriend and in a way your "friends", living with friends is tough I guess, especially when you're also living with a partner... Hope you find a way out off this and are able to allow yourself a fresh start!

See you around.

MisterLonely said:
Welcome aboard Chris, sorry to hear about how you lost your girlfriend and in a way your "friends", living with friends is tough I guess, especially when you're also living with a partner... Hope you find a way out off this and are able to allow yourself a fresh start!

See you around.

Hi MisterLonely

Thanks coming to say hi. Yes I hope so too, think it will take some time and effort, but right now I'm just happy to have found this site :)

See you around bud

Welcome, and sorry for the late reply! I hope you'll be fine around here ^_^
If you had to move out you had to, and they shouldn't hold it against you.
Also, I saw some kind answers to other posts and wanted to give credit where credit is due - so well said :)

Latest posts

Back