Hi, From Reno, NV

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChiCowboy

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. My name is Tom. I'm 53 years old, and I live in the Reno, NV area. I was raised in Chicago and have lived in Nevada since 1978; hence, my user name Chi(cago)Cowboy(NV is cowboy country). I have tons to tell, but I'll give the Readers' Digest version here. I was used and abused in a two year relationship that ended over a year ago. A few months ago, I found out some things that she did behind my back while with me (we lived together for a year, in my home). Simply put, this knowledge threw me for a loop. I had met a wonderful woman (Kate) about a month before being informed of the ex's dirty deeds (drugs, cheating, lying, you name it). To top everything off, Kate had lost her son, an only child, to a wrong way driver one day before we were to take a fantastic trip on my Harley. Her life is upside down. I'm just about over what the ex had done to me, but I just got arrested for DUI last Friday. I'm not an alcoholic, but I had been frequenting taverns out of loneliness. Stupid mistake. I haven't told Kate yet - she's out of town with family for the holidays - and I hope this news doesn't scare her off. Anyway, I hope to meet some people here whom I can relate to. I've been having difficulty with that as of late: relating to people. I guess bars aren't a good place for that.

Tom

Welcome Tom
Sure try us out as an alternative to the bar. :)

Minus said:
Welcome Tom
Thank you so much. I'm hurting right now. Simple kind words such as yours bring tears to my eyes. Hitting rock bottom with this DUI has a silver lining. It's kind of brutal how this works, but rock bottom has the effect of clearing up my head. Nowhere to go but up, but it's going to be tough without a drivers license for a year. Kate and I both love riding motorcycles, and I'm quite fearful that she'll toss me to the curb once she finds out there won't be any rides this summer. Not the end of the world if she does, but certainly not a good thing for me.

Tom

I would sure hope not. While she may enjoy the rides there has to be a lot more between you two than that. I can understand your concern but hopefully it is just going through this difficult that has you questioning it so much.

I'm hoping there is. I can't forget (and I don't) that she lost her only child just three months ago. I can't begin to imagine what that's like. She's not a communicator (I'm just the opposite), so I'm left with few words to go on. She assures me she cares. I've been very empty-headed as of late, and she's stuck with me. That surely says something.

Tom

I would think that it says something. Her losing a child three months ago is a parent's nightmare. That is still recent. I hope she is dealing with it as well can be expected under such a trying time.

Hello. :) Sorry to hear about the DUI. Hopefully you learned a lesson from that. :/

ChiCowboy said:
Minus said:
Welcome Tom
Thank you so much. I'm hurting right now. Simple kind words such as yours bring tears to my eyes. Hitting rock bottom with this DUI has a silver lining. It's kind of brutal how this works, but rock bottom has the effect of clearing up my head. Nowhere to go but up, but it's going to be tough without a drivers license for a year. Kate and I both love riding motorcycles, and I'm quite fearful that she'll toss me to the curb once she finds out there won't be any rides this summer. Not the end of the world if she does, but certainly not a good thing for me.

Tom

Hello Tom.

your words resonate with me.
i have been through phases when harshness only keeps you trudging on, but a kind word from a stranger shatters, piercing through defenses and tough-guy masks.
i'm sorry to hear you are in such a painful place. i hope that you will only go up from this time and on.

Welcome to the forum. i am sure you will find some solace here.

it sounds like you and Kate have more in common than just riding. be there for each other, hold each other through the darkness. it is easier to go through this together, and light will find both of you, when it comes.

Latest posts

Back