Hi (my story)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonely87

Reaction score
Hi, so just thought id post my story. I'm twenty four and from the uk. The winter I left school I started a relationship with a girl and was living in bliss. Around that Xmas while I was staying with family, my then partner was attacked and ended up pregnant. Due to love I decided to remain with the girl and would help her raise the child. To be honest after all that had gone on we had finally began to accept our situation and it may sound strange but were looking forward to having our own little family. Around 15 weeks my then partner had a miscarriage and was absolutely devastated, she did not want to see me and as she was young like me her family sent her to stay with family in the states.

She stayed there for three months and when she came home said she didn't want to continue the relationship and I have only seen her once in six years since and for a round three months descended into drug use and became a real honeysuckle to everyone around me. There is hardly a day goes by where I don't think about the whole situation. Guilt, anger, sorrow and a desperate feeling of loneliness. I have only had one real relationship since. Now I feel so alone and depressed, but keeping a fake smile on your face can be tiresome and today it 6pm in the uk and I haven't moved out of bed. I have never felt suicidal but do feel so alone. Anyway that's my story hopefully others may draw strength from it. Thanks

Oh wow :(

That's terrible what happened to her, and you did a very commendable thing buy sticking with her. Some guys would turn tale and run.

Have you talked to anyone about what you've gone through, like a professional? It seems you have a lot to get off your chest and some guidance to help you over come your depression and other feelings.

Welcome to the site btw

Lonely87 said:
Hi, so just thought id post my story. I'm twenty four and from the uk. The winter I left school I started a relationship with a girl and was living in bliss. Around that Xmas while I was staying with family, my then partner was attacked and ended up pregnant. Due to love I decided to remain with the girl and would help her raise the child. To be honest after all that had gone on we had finally began to accept our situation and it may sound strange but were looking forward to having our own little family. Around 15 weeks my then partner had a miscarriage and was absolutely devastated, she did not want to see me and as she was young like me her family sent her to stay with family in the states.

She stayed there for three months and when she came home said she didn't want to continue the relationship and I have only seen her once in six years since and for a round three months descended into drug use and became a real honeysuckle to everyone around me. There is hardly a day goes by where I don't think about the whole situation. Guilt, anger, sorrow and a desperate feeling of loneliness. I have only had one real relationship since. Now I feel so alone and depressed, but keeping a fake smile on your face can be tiresome and today it 6pm in the uk and I haven't moved out of bed. I have never felt suicidal but do feel so alone. Anyway that's my story hopefully others may draw strength from it. Thanks

I am so sorry that you had to go through this. my heart goes out to you. I do understand the power of hurt.

I can't offer you any advice here.. but what I can do is be here for you, if you need a shoulder to lean on.

*hugs*

I'm so sorry you had to go through this, and I give you a warm hug and also my support. You're a really good person for doing that. If you ever want to talk I'm here. I know you may not be in a mood to read this, but here it goes: "If we focus on what we left behind, we won't be able to see what lies ahead." So please do try to stand up and continue with life. If your ex is able to continue despite of what happened, I don't see why you shouldn't. I'm sure there is something great out there waiting for you, but you must take that initial step. If you have a roof over your head, food to eat and a bed to sleep, then be happy about that. It will take time, but take one step at a time:)

Wow man, that just broke my heart reading that. I know my problems don't seem much at all in comparison. Always that teeth-grinding cliché about "There's always someone worse off" stuff, but seriously, welcome along on here. I've only just joined myself this evening. Seems to be a nice site and it's fair to say there are other people on here who if not are necessarily in the same boat, at least can relate to feeling lonely, depressed and lost.

I'd like to offer you a virtual handshake, sir

Take care for now my friend

Latest posts

Back