hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

invisiblewoman46

Reaction score
[/font]hi, I'm new. I find myself friendless at 46 years old and sad and lonely. I am married and have 3 children aged 21, 19 and 14. Despite this I long for some girlfriends to spend time with. I had a very close friend up till 2009 when she had an affair with my husband, and though my marriage survived I now have no friends at all.
I live in a small town and everyone goes round in two's or three's and they are not friendly. I know I'm lucky to have my husband and kids and that helps alot but I need friends too!
I'm a nice person (really!) and I'm so tired of trying to meet people and constantly being disappointed. Really reached the point where I don't even want to try any more.:(

Heey there, welcome to the forums! I feel for you, i can imagine you still feel the way you feel even though you are married, as it does not mean you are immune to loneliness. We understand that here though! Don't worry about that, or any other kind of judgement for that matter! It's good of you to have come here.

If you ever want to talk, or just want to vent, do not hesitate to message me! I'm always there to help and/or listen!

Hi invisiblewoman46! Welcome! I'm also in my mid-forties and new to this board. I've only been posting for a couple of days so far but like it here.

That's horrible about what happened between your husband and former friend but it sounds like you were able to work through it.

Hi invisible, welcome to the forum. I hope you'll continue trying to make more friends. There are still so many good people out there. It's unfortunate what you had to go through and I'm truly sorry to hear that. :\ But don't you give up. There are a lot of nice friends I've made here so go on now, get started!

Welcome to the Forum. Whatever you do, don't give up. There is no guaranteed success from trying. But not trying will almost certainly guarantee you failure. You may be in luck with this place though. There is a fair amount of advice floating about. You just have to decide which route you want to take. Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back