Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaHorakhty

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After finding out about this forum, I decided to join so I could exchange ideas regarding my current state of loneliness. I hope my time here allows me to take in many different viewpoints regarding the issues I am having. I feel as if my intense fear of loneliness and abandonment is ruining every interaction I have and that my friendships are eroding because of my actions. Its sad to know that so many others are suffering from similar issues but learning about their situations allows me to think more logically about my own.

:)

Hi RaHorakhty welcome to the forum. I donno much but sometimes the fear of loosing friends becomes a self fulling prophecy. From my experience my fear or suspicions that my friends were leaving me caused me to act angry and unfriendly so then of course they didn't want to hang out with me. If I may quote Yoda Fear leads to anger. anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering. It's easier said than done but try to fear loosing your friends or being alone. Whether they stay friends with you or not you'll survive and get by. Loneliness isn't pleasant but it can be bearable, with sites like these, and hobbies and music and books. Try to keep yourself busy, go bike ridding or go for a walk join a club or a gym try out some exercise classes. Try Meetup.com it's a cool place where you can meetup with people with similar interests. Being lonely isn't the end of the world and it can help you grow as a person. But I hope your friends stick by you and try not to let your fears get in the way of your friendships.

Hello and welcome to ALL!

Your fear of loneliness is ruining your interactions, and that is eroding your friendships, that sounds like a vicious circle that needs to be broken fast! Wish I could help you with that, but alas I am not an all knowing one :(... If i were to act like one for just a few seconds though, I'd say face your fears headon, and live with success or failure alike, the alternative is the cycle that will only cause your fear to become reality.

Latest posts

Back