Hilarious Dates, pre-dates and mismatches

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
WildernessWildChild said:
Just to play Devils advocate for a moment Eve, maybe the guy is one of us shift worker types who's world is all messed up- morning is evening, evening is morning, that kind of thing. Maybe your breakfast is his (our) dinner time. It's 9:30 AM here right now, I just got off work and I'm having some dinner before bed.

Nobody, NOBODY thinks "Go fresia yourself" as sexily as you do- RAAAAWWWWWRRRR;)

LOL, nope - he works first shift. :p But it was kind of you to suggest that maybe he wasn't being a total ass.

lol@ thinks sexily

Funny- I edited out "....or he's being a total ass." before I sent my response:D

EveWasFramed said:
Just to play Devils advocate for a moment Eve, maybe the guy is one of us shift worker types who's world is all messed up- morning is evening, evening is morning, that kind of thing. Maybe your breakfast is his (our) dinner time. It's 9:30 AM here right now, I just got off work and I'm having some dinner before bed.

Nobody, NOBODY thinks "Go fresia yourself" as sexily as you do- RAAAAWWWWWRRRR;)

LOL, nope - he works first shift. :p But it was kind of you to suggest that maybe he wasn't being a total ass.

lol@ thinks sexily

Funny- I edited out "....or he's being a total ass." before I sent my response:D

Well...in your honest opinion, don't you think it was rude of him to ignore my wishes?

EveWasFramed said:
EveWasFramed said:

lol@ thinks sexily

Well...in your honest opinion, don't you think it was rude of him to ignore my wishes?

Maybe there was the unspoken hope that if Brekkie went well you'd be open to making a day of it. His "I think you could handle it..." response was kind of inconsiderate- likely doesn't understand or appreciate what that one day to sleep in means to a working full-time Mom.

Maybe there was the unspoken hope that if Brekkie went well you'd be open to making a day of it. His "I think you could handle it..." response was kind of inconsiderate- likely doesn't understand or appreciate what that one day to sleep in means to a working full-time Mom.

Food for thought I suppose.
At any rate, I feel I was fairly polite when I declined.
And YES - lol, one day of sleeping in for a single mom is appreciated in ways one can't imagine! :p

EveWasFramed said:

Food for thought I suppose.
At any rate, I feel I was fairly polite when I declined.
And YES - lol, one day of sleeping in for a single mom is appreciated in ways one can't imagine! :p

Just thinking if he d said .. It would be great if you could handle it, or something along those lines, how much better would that have been. Maybe you might even have done it?😸

jaguarundi said:
Anyway after a bit of a chuckle I read ^JSG 's post and my jaw dropped so hard it hit the floor! Clunk.... surprised you didn't hear it across the Atlantic. OMG! I literally cannot think of a single thing to say about that one.. Admittedly it is morning here and I am waiting for my coffee to be ready, but still. just ..omg:D

It's ridiculous..but I laugh about it now.
I don't have a lot of dating experience under my belt.

Update:

In the past 24 hours, I've been asked out three times. This should make for some interesting reading soon! :D lol

EveWasFramed said:
Update:

In the past 24 hours, I've been asked out three times. This should make for some interesting reading soon! :D lol

Hurrah Hurrah! Actually that's the wrong thing to say really. If they are funny enough to put on here it means you haven't found a good one. ... :D

jaguarundi said:
EveWasFramed said:
Update:

Hurrah Hurrah! Actually that's the wrong thing to say really. If they are funny enough to put on here it means you haven't found a good one. ... :D

LOL...not necessarily. :p Maybe I'll run across someone who is funny but still cool. :D

Peaches said:
yeah, sure, like that guy that on the third short exchange of messages felt the need to share that he didn't know who his father was, and after 2 more messages insinuated that also my father "wasn't the real seed shooter".
Pure crazy, indeed

A few years ago I tried internet dating and I had some hilarious experiences. I am tall. There was one in particular whom I recall. I answered the door and the chap at the door had obviously lied about his height. And others lied about their qualfications. I don't want to offend anyone here, but another one had a tattoo. But not all were disappointing. I did have relationships with some.:rolleyes2:

I just blocked a guy on POF for calling me a lazy ass. He asked me what I was doing and I said I was just getting up (9 am) because I was on spring break, and that was his response!

I'm sorry for being lazy when I teach all day, been sick, moved into a house over the weekend. Sorry I wanted to sleep in a little bit. Jerk!

Probably a little extreme to block him, but after that comment, the wasn't getting a date anyways.

I used to think women were a bit loopy in their "must-haves". Well, I still do. But, if what the women here are saying is true, they're shooting themselves in the foot. Now yes, some of the reactions are a bit extreme, and y'all should toughen up a bit, but I gotta get the men too for the comments they make. As not everyone can tell when joking or serious online until they get a feel for your personality.

Batman55 said:
Hi nerdygirl,

You're the apple in my eye. Now would you like to take this conversation to email?

Would that work for you as a decent first line? ;)

How did I miss being the apple of Batman's eye? Let's skip the email and go straight to IM! hehe

Eve! What happened? I was expecting hilarity this evening... I'm left with Batman having all the fun (as usual :p)

Nightwing said:
Eve! What happened? I was expecting hilarity this evening... I'm left with Batman having all the fun (as usual :p)

LOL :p
Im sure I'll have some funny stuff to tell later. I have a date Saturday, Sunday and the following Saturday (if no one stands me up). I'm sure I will have some amusing tales of dating terror to tell. :D

EveWasFramed said:
Nightwing said:

LOL :p
Im sure I'll have some funny stuff to tell later. I have a date Saturday, Sunday and the following Saturday (if no one stands me up). I'm sure I will have some amusing tales of dating terror to tell. :D

Oooh, exciting! I love stacking dates back-to-back lol
You're on eharmony, aren't you? I can tell by that "3 wishes" thing lol

-Teresa

Latest posts

Back