Hitting Women: Yes, No, Maybe so?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg... why? I think Not. I don't why I'm even on this thread.
But my answer No! Never. Never right.

Callie said:
If I take a swing at someone, I fully expect them to take a swing back at me, regardless of gender.

That said, let's be honest here, most guys are stronger than most girls, which means they can do more physical damage to the woman than the woman can to them... they have other methods of restraining women without resorting to hitting them.

Pretty much this - it's a proper scumbag trick for a guy to hit a girl when he doesn't need to, but it's also pretty low for a girl to attack a guy because she expects him not to hit back. They're both taking advantage of imbalances in the male/female dynamic.

If I ever threw myself at some man I don't think I could complain if he did whatever he needed to to get rid of me (but enough about my sex life, fnar...)

^^
thing is though, police officers get attacked all the time by women and men.. and they dont have to start hitting.. and society doesnt accept it when they do. there is a way of dealing with every situation rather than it turning into a boxing match.
so in reality, if we put the same morals onto all citizens as we do on authorities and subtract emotional factors involved in a situation then it becomes clear imo.

tumblr_mcvu87zEfi1rtu6ceo1_500.gif

There was once a time when I would have hit women easily and without hesitation. I was in 6th grade and every girl towered over me(I was literally the youngest pupil in the school). Now? I would not think of touching a woman. But then, I am 6' 1'', and am built like a lumberjack, probably because I have been a lumberjack.

The beard doesn't hurt, either. ;)

Wessik said:
There was once a time when I would have hit women easily and without hesitation. I was in 6th grade and every girl towered over me(I was literally the youngest pupil in the school). Now? I would not think of touching a woman. But then, I am 6' 1'', and am built like a lumberjack, probably because I have been a lumberjack.

The beard doesn't hurt, either. ;)

Pics.

Walley said:
^^
thing is though, police officers get attacked all the time by women and men.. and they dont have to start hitting.. and society doesnt accept it when they do. there is a way of dealing with every situation rather than it turning into a boxing match.
so in reality, if we put the same morals onto all citizens as we do on authorities and subtract emotional factors involved in a situation then it becomes clear imo.

Yeah but police officers are by necessity held to a high moral standard. Plus in a fight they have means the average civilian doesn't - a policeman might not punch a woman but I'm pretty sure he'd pepper-spray or taser her if he felt he had to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an advocate of men hitting women - I just think it'd be wrong for me to hit out believing there'll be no consequences for me if I do. That's not an issue in the police scenario - if I tried anything naughty I'd end up in handcuffs (but enough about my sex life, fnar).

I once tried to walk away from a group of drunk girls looking for a fight and ended up getting clocked in the back of the head. My advice: don't just walk away, back away. :p

You should never, ever lay your hands on a woman when unprovoked. Even when provoked, you should only use methods of simply trying to stop her from slapping you.

Men who hit women are cowards.

I wonder how we managed to squeeze 14 pages out of such an obvious question really, it’s hardly something up for debate. I mean, I haven't read a post where anyone has said "Yeah I don't see anything wrong with giving the wife a slap if she steps out of line". Why so much discussion!??

You don't hit anyone to get what you want or prove your point, in law it’s only permissible to use violence in self defence and with reasonable force. So we don’t have to continually pass judgement on the obvious because we have laws that do that for us.

Why not debate…

Is it ok to drink a bottle of whisky and drive to work?
Is it ok to walk out of a store with goods without paying for them?
Is it ok to drown kittens?
Is it ok to throw paint at the President?
Is it ok to throw a brick at a moose?

We could have that debate, yeah, but I think it'd make for a much more entertaining thread if we just forced Limlim to do all those things for our amusement.

He's a busy chap I'm sure so maybe if he got drunk, stole a moose, drowned it and threw it at the president. Come on Limlim, a whole rep point in it for you!

The Good Citizen said:
He's a busy chap I'm sure so maybe if he got drunk, stole a moose, drowned it and threw it at the president. Come on Limlim, a whole rep point in it for you!

I would like to see Limlim throw a LIVE moose at the President.
THAT would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back