Hitting Women: Yes, No, Maybe so?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Good Citizen said:
I wonder how we managed to squeeze 14 pages out of such an obvious question really, it’s hardly something up for debate. I mean, I haven't read a post where anyone has said "Yeah I don't see anything wrong with giving the wife a slap if she steps out of line". Why so much discussion!??

You don't hit anyone to get what you want or prove your point, in law it’s only permissible to use violence in self defence and with reasonable force. So we don’t have to continually pass judgement on the obvious because we have laws that do that for us.

Agree, what is the point of this thread? We have the right to use violence in self defence or defence of others. That aside there is no justification for hitting anyone.

The Good Citizen said:
Is it ok to throw paint at the President?
George Bush? Yes. Obama? No.

The Good Citizen said:
Is it ok to throw a brick at a moose?
I would try to avoid doing this during rutting season at least.

Well maybe I wanna throw paint at Obama (un) I think he needs a little purple in his life!

"Is it ok to drink a bottle of whisky and drive to work?"

It's a prerequisite to get a license in BC.

Everyone has such strong opinions on this, but I want to know who is opting for 'Maybe So'. Does that depend on what side of the bed you woke up on or if you had a hearty bowel movement this morning? Is someone just walking around in public, flipping a coin and then cold-cocking random women?

blackhole said:
haha, had this conversation, many times, know where it ends... :D

let's put it this way:

i would defend my LIFE and LIMB against anyone, regardless of gender.

other than that, i would just walk away.

a lot of guys "think" they have had a situation where it was "okay" to hit a woman,

only in retrospect, and when asked "couldn't you just have walked/run away?"

they hesitantly answer "yes".

besides it's better to get another woman to do it for you.

My feelings exactly. I wouldn't hit a women unless she was going to hurt me. However she would need to be a really hard puncher, or be using an object before I would do more then just block.

This is why you shouldn't beat your children (see other thread) I have been beaten by two men, both who experienced abusive violent childhoods. Seems to show lack of control especially when they are drunk caused by combination of the initial perhaps childhood programming & loss of control due to alcohol ? as shown by their parents. Not excusing it ! But then learned through womens aid that this is normally why it happens to both men and women.

So guys and girls - check out someones past and see if such caused them to repeat the behaviour or be totally anti it.

There are those taught to negotiate with respect and those taught to negotiate by fear and intimidation - if you trace back the blame it probably goes on for generations.

We all have the strength to do the right thing however and be the better person.

You can never correct a wrong with a wrong a thousand times worse. So hitting should only be done as self defence in a potentially fatal situation.

I'm against violence, so in general I'm against hitting anyone. I would never hit a women, maybe I would hold one down, if she would turn into a threat for herself or others.

So I have a valid question all these people that say they appose violence, would you not defend yourselves if someone threatened your life?

I would defend myself in those circumstances and expect anyone to - if you were trapped in a situation where there was no form of escape or assistance you would have to.

Violence in any other situation is not warranted.

Frustration, anger or those who only know how to get what they want by such intimidation (bullying) - never justified.

*Content removed by forum staff*

I think 3 months will give you time to retrain your thought process. :)
If not, I'll be right here when you get back. :cool:

^^^I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are.

i think the only reasons u should hit a woman is if she is trying to like rape or murder u

If they act like men, you may hit them, if they act like women, kick them.

On a serious note, violence is not good.

I don't understand people. Like, if you are threatened to physical harm where you must defend yourself, it doesn't matter the gender of your attacker... But if you can walk away, do it. No matter the gender of your attacker. Why bother using violence if it isn't necessary? Posturing? To keep a reputation of strength?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back