hobbies

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solace

Reaction score
What are the hobbies that sort of light you up inside? that you can look at the project and say 'this is a part of a life i'd like to live.' or 'this is worthwhile.'

I sew things, and when i'm working on a small scale making a doll, I don't use patterns I just cut and sew and eventually what was once a pile of scraps comes to life. She's an elegant cloth doll with bright blue eyes and a colorful wardrobe. She took months to make but I designed all the clothes too.

Being able to say I made that gives me a feeling of acomplishment, like maybe someone would approach me some day, wanting to get to know me because of my art. but it's just a daydream.

Do any of you have any hobbies or anything like that?

I have dozens of scripts that i have written over the last few years, i would love to make a living out of it, but like you, it's just a dream, a pretty good one though!

I also spend a ridulous amount of time playing The Sims 2. Passes the time, eight hours pass in the space of what feels like an hour. :)

ya i love videogames too, i'm more of a console gammer

i love the final fantasy series DDR Guitar hero and resident evil XD

but more proactive hobbies i got, i love bike ridding i mean i can just go for miles having no destination in mind, just complety focusing on the motion of the wind, the music in my ears and my legs pumping, actually yesterday like the first nice day this year i went all the way around town

lol i even rode my bike on the frozen river bed, which wasn't very safe i know but it was just such a thrill, ridding on a layer of ice above the flowing water. i just love exploring the sideroads of the middle of nowhere on my bike and just taking in the scenrery

so i do that pretty much all summer long, i do like to run too, i use to do cross country for school, but i ussally prefer biking i also love swimming in the summer, a lot of times i'll ride my bike to the pool and just swim laps for an hour,.. i wish i had a water proof ipod that would be so great. UUm listeing to music daydreaming. i can kinda play the guitar, i would call myself great but i'm getting there actually i've been learning to play immortal on the guitar and i'm getting it to come along. but i don't have any friends to make a band with or anything :(

but i like to just get a few chords going and really just focus on the strumming and it makes me feel really good, and calm and confident/proficent

umm sleeping and taking naps i love doing that
and reading

i can kinda draw, but i'm mediocore at best if i have a modle or something i can draw it really pretty good, but at free hand i get lost. i really like just doddling and doing little abstract desgines or making littl;e word logos with sharpies or ball point pens, just kind of coloring in with the color is really relaxing a lot of times i'm not really focusing on what it'll be or look like i just need to move my hands.

I write too and it just is amazing how I can just disappear into this world that I created. I love my characters too. When I write it's hard to explain.

But its' such hard work!

skateboarding, snowboarding, playing music, playing a good videogame, cooking, that stuff.

I would like a hobby I can get stuck into and have looked a various things but just can't seem to find one that well get me going. I do have a bike I love to get out on when the weather is good and I am good. That's about it really.

Vacuo said:
what type of bike? bmx? :)

Its a electric bike. Can use the electric are just use it as a normal push bike. Its good fun when the weather is warmer :)

an electric bike? i had no idea there was such a bike, haha. i don't know much about any bikes. i go bmxing at like parks if its not nice enough to skate, and ive gone dirt biking just a few times. i wanna do more of that honeysuckle though, and do more go karting too haha

I used to write poetry and had a few pieces published in collections released in the US and Australia. I still write every now and then, though I've found lately that every time I put pen to paper nothing good seems to come out. But, no matter how crappy I think it is, I still love writing! It's my way of releasing stress.

Hmm I also love watching movies and studying film, playing videogames, going for drives with the music turned all the way up and reading a good fantasy novel :D.

Luisa said:
Phyxi said:
I used to write poetry and had a few pieces published in collections released in the US and Australia.

you should post some up for us to read :D

Hehe, maybe! I get really weirded out about showing my poetry to people I know, but maybe I'll build up the confidence to :):)

Reading, Writing in my journal, talking to friends, school

I'm an English Lit major, so reading gets quite complicated for me.

And Writing in a journal is always fun n_n I'm almost done with my second longhand journal.

I love talking to people online ! :)

School takes up a lot of time @_@

I should probably get into some from of exercise like Evanescencefan.

I am very big into the martial arts. I got into it when I was a little child, and it is something that I have always stuck with. I love videogames, and I consider myself a casual gamer. I'm a HUGE Silent Hill fan. I'm also an old school gamer. I love firing up my SNES and Sega Genesis. Good times. I also love horror movies, especially old school flicks such as Halloween, The Shining, IT, Hell Raiser, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the Evil Dead Series, and George Romero flicks.

I don't have many hobbies. I used to paint a little..

But I read books, tons of them. It's a totally different world to escape to.
Favourite authors are Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Matthew Reilly, Lee Child and James Rollins.

I play video games, old ones like mega man or mario plus anything new that looks good. I watch anime and just recently started to play d&d mainly just to talk to people and it is social. I've also been keeping a journal for the past 5 years and like to write things, but admittedly am not good at it, its just for me mainly. I build card houses and make dice towers too when I get bored. I just don't have a lot of free time, with college and all

edit: o and listen to music, but I guess thats a given isn't it?

Latest posts

Back