homosexuals and marriage

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Punisher said:
So you're are trying to say i should join the few American Christians and judge homosexuals? I know it's wrong to judge, but you are arguing over the fact that i see the bible for how it is (or should be) - Peaceful, non judgmental, about love and not war, etc. :S It's getting annoying, and it's so tempting to join them and have BS thrown at me, but for an actual reason.

Oh, so what you're saying is you're going to pretend all the wars filling the old testament and non peaceful instructions to the Jews aren't actually in your bible.

And since you're all about quoting Jesus: "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

So that doesn't follow your argument that you believe in the direct quotations of Jesus, as what you're saying directly contradicts one such example.

Now we're getting totally off topic though.

And the laws have nothing to do with Christianity, it was apposed with votes by Americans, not Jesus.

Right, and those people opposing it get their beliefs from their readings of the Bible, so they have a lot to do with the Christian religion.

Jack Kerouac said:
Punisher said:
So you're are trying to say i should join the few American Christians and judge homosexuals? I know it's wrong to judge, but you are arguing over the fact that i see the bible for how it is (or should be) - Peaceful, non judgmental, about love and not war, etc. :S It's getting annoying, and it's so tempting to join them and have BS thrown at me, but for an actual reason.

Oh, so what you're saying is you're going to pretend all the wars filling the old testament and non peaceful instructions to the Jews aren't actually in your bible.

And since you're all about quoting Jesus: "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

So that doesn't follow your argument that you believe in the direct quotations of Jesus, as what you're saying directly contradicts one such example.

Now we're getting totally off topic though.

LOL, stop being a dick, most Atheists would be embarrased by you trying to use that quote as proof of hate. Read it in context and it's obvious Jesus was speaking figuritively, and it's refering to his teachings he has brung down which will divide people and get his followers persecuted. For example: a brother killing his brother etc because one is a Christian, like what is happening now in the East.

PS. You really are a sad ****** :p

Punisher said:
LOL, stop being a dick, most Atheists would be embarrased by you trying to use that quote as proof of hate. Read it in context and it's obvious Jesus was speaking figuritively, and it's refering to his teachings he has brung down which will divide people and get his followers persecuted.

So basically what you're saying is when I prove you wrong by your own standards, you're going to call me names.

That's a good debate tactic you've got there.

And let's see some of the peace in other parts of the bible you are talking so much about:

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 )

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 )

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10)

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7

"You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD. (Jeremiah 51:20-26)

You make a good point. The Bible really is peaceful and against war.

Jack Kerouac said:
Punisher said:
LOL, stop being a dick, most Atheists would be embarrased by you trying to use that quote as proof of hate. Read it in context and it's obvious Jesus was speaking figuritively, and it's refering to his teachings he has brung down which will divide people and get his followers persecuted.

So basically what you're saying is when I prove you wrong by your own standards, you're going to call me names.

That's a good debate tactic you've got there.

No, i'm calling you a dick and a sad ****** because you knew that Jesus wasn't preaching violence when he said that, but you're so pathetic and you hate Christianity that much you posted it anyway :p

PS. I'm also pissed off because of you wasting my time with rubbish.

Sounds to me like you just don't want to see truth and are mad that I'm dishing it out to you- in the controversial debate section none the less, where you should expect such things I'd imagine.

Jesus in that story also tells people to love him more than their families. That's not a message of peace and love at all- that's a common cult message.

You're misrepresenting things to fit inline with your own personal version of Christianity. You don't seem to notice the things you don't want to see, and then you talk trash about it when somebody brings attention to it.

Jack Kerouac said:
And let's see some of the peace in other parts of the bible you are talking so much about:

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 )

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 )

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10)

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7

"You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD. (Jeremiah 51:20-26)

You make a good point. The Bible really is peaceful and against war.

That's from the OLD TESTAMENT you stupid dumb ****** :p

Jack Kerouac said:
Van Hooligan X said:
ONE MOAR FING!
this ISN'T a topic on what christianity stands for on homosexuals and marriage and honestly all its gunna do is continue creating fights

stick to the **** topic ppl :S

Actually read the first post. It tied what christianity stands for on homosexuals directly into the topic from the start.

The only bottom line though is what a religious book says shouldn't matter in the first place.

Actually, the thread creator never mentioned the word "christian" or "chistianity" in the first post. They mention the Bible and religion.
This is not directed at any one person, at this time, but this is NOT a thread to debate your religion, of lack thereof, nor any religious beliefs that don't apply DIRECTLY to the topic - homosexuals and marriage.
Please remember that everything you read here is an opinion. Some feel that they have fact to back up said opinion , I'm sure, but it's still just opinions.
We have had quite a few threads lately that have had to be closed due to them going off topic and getting personal with verbal attacks and insulting other people's opinions. It's perfectly fine to disagree with someone, but it needs to be done in a civil manner.
This should be the end of any off topic posts.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Oh, nevermind then - I see that the thread has further devolved even while I was typing my warning. This will be closed immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back