How do i be myself and stop caring what others think?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddd

Reaction score
I always have a problem talking to "popular" kids who i dont know, at like parties where i go to and meet new people, i have a hard time being myself. The same thing happens with popular girls, or the majority of girls (even the "average" girls) in general. I just cant be myself...

I also have a problem talking to authority figures, since i also cant be myself to my teachers, even my football coach.

What can i do to be myself ?!! Tips pleasee!!!

Something I've always had success with I call acting as if.. I imagine what I want to be like (normally for me it's happy or confident) and then I act as if I am. Eventually you become more and more like how you act. You can't think your way into a new way of living, you have to live your way into a new way of thinking.

Honey, I got this one.....

You must make up your mind first, that there are not enough fucks in this whole entire universe to make you even bat your eyes.
You have to know, it is all about self confidence... how to obtain self confidence you say? find the things that make YOU feel good for YOU and build from that. and never, NEVER look twice at adversity .. never! just do what you need to do, and move forward. there are no limits.. don't even second guess it.
YOU are the one with the power, walk it, live it, breathe it, do it. you should always see yourself as number one. you take care of you, and do it boldly, never let anyone, ANYONE make you feel less than.. people who thrive on making others feel bad, them selves are suffering self esteem , confidence issues.
Take care of number one (Insert your name here)! hold your head high, back straight, with a swagger to knock their socks off-- not arrogant, just confidently.. let them know you have arrived.. and do it all with a smile on your face.. I can never say it enough, confidence is the key... the key to being social.. really.

*hugs*

Well...you just have to change yourself.I don't have any friend in real life.I mean i had anxiety for 10 years.I had some bad moments.I think the reason i got free from anxiety automatically after 10 years is because i became myself and stopped caring what others think.Iam always special to me.So the one who blames me is the one who sucks.So now iam a very strong Introvert.

I think the way you gain confidence is to project it in the first place. When you talk about these "popular" kids, theyre exactly ******* like you, except probably with richer parents and more outgoing. You can find ways to relate to these people, trust me. I used to think the same way in high school...when you get to college its a whole other world. Just be honest. I can understand being shy but...dont agree with honeysuckle you dont agree with, dont pretend to like things you dont, people respect that kind of thing. The only way to be accepted is to be accepted for who you are, cause its honestly really easy to tell when someone is phony. People can sniff that honeysuckle out in a second.

Not caring what others think isn't going to solve your problem. You can go out there tomorrow not caring about anything but that won't solve people not accepting you to begin with. If people aren't accepting you for who you are to begin with, THAT right there is the problem. Not yourself.

People shouldn't be blaming themselves for others not accepting them.

Just think, at the end of the day, when you crawl into bed, you're the one who has to deal and live with yourself. None of those other people are there. And at the end of the day, all that matters is that you had a good day. You don't know what all those other people are thinking. You only know what you think and feel.

It sounds like you are afraid to be yourself. You've got to let go of that and just be who you are. People will think what they think regardless. That is really hard to do, sometimes it is easier to hide. Until you do though you'll be stuck the way you are.

Talking to authority figures...well that one is still tough for me too. Depends on the situation. If it's casual I'm usually okay, if it's business or serious I screwed. It's really about not being afraid to speak up. Teachers and coaches have to assert themselves especially with a bunch of unruly authority challenging teenagers. Most are very willing to talk to you if you just ask.

Latest posts

Back