How do I lighten up?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex

Reaction score
I know I need to, I hear it all the time. But always I end up being grumpy, in bad moods...There isn't much that makes me laugh, but when it does I laugh hard, those are the best moments. I tend to laugh in cimenas and university lectures because its silent and there are so many people, something about this is funny to me. I don't know why I'm saying this but...yea we probably all do need to 'lighten up' but its quite difficult, when you are living alone. If I just started trying to laugh at every worrying/depressing thought that went though my head that seems like a step further towards insanity. There are some things in my head that just seem too serious to laugh at. Its like that quote from mystic river 'once the darkness is in you...it stays'. But I know that all 'happy people' don't take themselves and life too seriously, so I think we need to aim for this too. Unfortuantly as I said not much makes me laugh...maybe thats just because of my isolated/lonely life though, maybe I can learn to laugh at things again if I try.

seriously i feel like strangling people that say i should be more relaxed.
Because the ones that say so are always strangers that i meet when i'm out somewhere. And they are usually drunk as hell.
sometimes i feel like i hate happy people from the bottom of my heart :D

yeah lol. sorry bout that.

anyways, try lolcats.
i find them hilarious.
and i don't think that laugh can be learned.
I try so hard to find stand up commedies funny but it just doesnt work on me.

check the funny pictures and videos threads

check out Rich Hall and Arj Barker

there is plenty of comedy out there for your own particular tastes..

look into 'black comedies'

:)

Latest posts

Back