How do they do it?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sylvestris lybica

Reaction score
I'm being a self-pitying POS tonight, and I am painfully aware that I have nothing to pity. There is honeysuckle that needs to get done and I'm failing to do it. I'm late to work, late to classes. I binged on foods and messed up my weight loss goals. I'm weak all the time and I want nothing more than to sleep whenever I'm awake. Nightmares every night.

But nothing traumatic is even happening.

How do people stay motivated, is what I'm asking? Why do you wake up in the morning and go to a dead end job? Why do you hope for happiness when you haven't felt it in so long? Idk, I'm always marveling at the way people just pick themselves up and get it done. Maybe I'm just lazy, slothful. But I just don't care anymore, and it makes me feel like a rotten spoiled child.

"Self-discipline is the ability to do what you should do, when you should do it whether you feel like it or not."

Words to live by. I fail every day, lol. Well, 5 out of 7 anyway.
I got that quote from a book I've been reading. It has a lot of info that's useless to me, but there is quite a bit that would benefit most people. Maybe you should check it out. No, lol, I'm not spamming a book. :p
It's called The Power of Self-Discipline.

sylvestris lybica said:
I'm being a self-pitying POS tonight, and I am painfully aware that I have nothing to pity. There is honeysuckle that needs to get done and I'm failing to do it. I'm late to work, late to classes. I binged on foods and messed up my weight loss goals. I'm weak all the time and I want nothing more than to sleep whenever I'm awake. Nightmares every night.

But nothing traumatic is even happening.

How do people stay motivated, is what I'm asking? Why do you wake up in the morning and go to a dead end job? Why do you hope for happiness when you haven't felt it in so long? Idk, I'm always marveling at the way people just pick themselves up and get it done. Maybe I'm just lazy, slothful. But I just don't care anymore, and it makes me feel like a rotten spoiled child.

Your human we all fresia up.

When I was working my matra was I come here to do a job and collect my check to pay for things in my "real" life.

In regard to hoping for happiness I'm not in a position to comment on that.

sylvestris lybica said:

Oh good question. I always look forward to the end of the day, or the days my part timer is working and listen to him tell me about his day. Yesterday he got pulled over for the first time since he started driving. He didn't get a ticket but it was funny to hear him rant about it. He hasn't even had his license a year yet, and just recently was able to drive on his own. Other days I just look forward to going home and playing an online game with people.

Sometimes you just have to pick yourself up and get stuff done, you should try it. You may just start marveling at yourself. It's not always easy to do but when you do it you'll feel so much better.

jjam said:
This, goals and all that.

And maybe a wish to defeat life that 'wants' to always take us down. If you can find what you hate the most and somehow try to win against it maybe you will appreciate life better?

oh and please stop calling yourself a POS. If you called someone else that a mod would be all over you. Why is it that it's okay to be so abusive to yourself then?

You don't lack motivations.
Your either motivated to sit in your ass or get off if your ass.
jts in the payoffs.

The payoffs in being lazy is its comfortable.

Sometines we have to trick oursleves.
Most of use rather do whatever the fresia we wanna do
Instead of doing what needs to get done.
Re prioritize yoyr goals.....dont make loosing weitght
As your top priority.

Put mastering yoga oR nedutating 1 hour everyday
As your top priority.

Notice you will procastinate on your top priority
And do other stuff such as exercising...

Lonesome Crow said:
Put mastering yoga oR nedutating 1 hour everyday
As your top priority.

Notice you will procastinate on your top priority
And do other stuff such as exercising...

Like all the advice given, but this really stood out to me.

AFrozenSoul said:
I like to think they are all retarded. So they are unaware of the world around them and how much it sucks.

I'm not trying to be annoying but try to refrain from using that word.

I know what you mean but some people on here take offence to that term.

AFrozenSoul said:
I like to think they are all retarded. So they are unaware of the world around them and how much it sucks.

Ignorance is bliss they say...

Conclusion: let's all be ignorant of how much the world sucks and just live in bliss :p

@SophiaGrace: I am not sure that I can suffer that kind of head trauma. Maybe I will suffer serious brain damage when I try to kill myself

@Pezza: I refuse to be politically correct. The world is harsh, if people don't like it. They can go cry me a river.

Seems to me you feel bad because you think you don't meet 'society's expectations' yet, at the same time, I think you don't really want to meet them.

It seems you don't want to live an average life, it seems you don't want to get stuck in a dead end job and do the same thing everyday. Maybe you're desperately trying to fit into something that you secretly hate.

Maybe you should realise that you can do whatever you want in life. Late for classes everyday, well do you really want a degree or do you just study because everyone else does it? You hate your dead end job, well do you like to live where you are and do what you do? You don't go to the gym like the rest of the world seems to do (honestly, the world is gym crazy these days) - well do you actually like to work out or do you just feel you have to do it?

You shouldn't think that life is completely predetermined. I used to feel the same way and it depressed me, but then I realised that I can take risks and go my own way, even if it might be the road less travelled. Maybe this sense of adventure and risk could motivate you aswell :) Say no to what you don't want to do (even if you feel that other people want you to do it) and try to determine what really makes you happy. Then go out and do it!

Latest posts

Back