how do you deal with jerks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad is Jordanian but his parents are palestinian. I am just half. My mom is pure american (german, english, and a few others) What are you in the army? When do you ship out? Personally I am looking to enter the marines a few years down the road.

Aedammair said:
My dad is Jordanian but his parents are palestinian. I am just half. My mom is pure american (german, english, and a few others) What are you in the army? When do you ship out? Personally I am looking to enter the marines a few years down the road.

I'm not in the army yet.

Good to hear your palestinian. One of my close friends is Palestinian and I have a crush on a Palestinian girl right now. I sympathize with your cause.

SocratesX said:
It's funny that in our culture most people consider it appropriate to be rude to Arabs but not to Blacks.

I don't know where you live, but no place I know of is it considered "appropriate" to be rude to anyone.

News to me too.

I don't know I kinda agree with Socrates a little bit. I don't think that it is right to be rude to anyone but at the same time people make a bigger deal over blacks than other minorities. you be racist with a black person it is a big deal but I hear racist stuff about mexicans or arabs and although it is still wrong, it is still not as big of a deal

It is possible that the reactions may vary from place to place based on group but i am not aware of anyplace where it is considered "appropriate" to target rudeness at some specific group.

ok, Im not sure what your sexual preferance is, but this is what you should do.. Go up to one of the guys and kiss them, and then maybe they will beat the honeysuckle out of you in retaliation. So you just created yourself a victim of a hate crime. They beat you up thinking that you are gay, and then you play like you are gay, so these kids have "hate crime" written on their record. I mean, physical pain is only temperary. What do you have to lose?? Well, maybe your dignity. But who has dignity now a days. Its all just one big cluster fresia of immoral godless heathens. REPENT!!! ALLELUJIAH!!!!

i was bullied and sexually harassed in high school. i thought they were strange. I forgot they even existed once they were out of sight so when they'd talk to me it always felt so weird- like a complete stranger coming up out of no where hurling expletives at me. i always thought they must be a little demented. but i had a lot of other things going on so they were more or less a fart in the wind.

bodybuilder ronnie coleman was picked on by kids when he was younger and his mom said that he is not allowed to ever fight so he just made himself look physicaly intimidating by working out and people stopped teasing him plus if someones being racist towards your race partiicularily saying its inferior and your really built you can just say if my race is so inferior why do i look like this

Buce Lee? Who would pick on Bruce Lee? He's a frickin ninja. Forget Jackie Chan and Chuck Norris. Bruce Lee was the real deal man. Kinda sad that no one seems knows the coolest karate guy ever. when I was a little kid I made chicken sounds and jumped around trying to act like him. It makes me happy that someone else knows him too :)

Bruce lee and Brandon Lee were great, it's such a tragedy they both ended up dying that young. I liked watching some of their interviews (some of them are available on youtube), they're such confident and honest people, I like their ways of expressing themselves.

SocratesX said:
It's funny that in our culture most people consider it appropriate to be rude to Arabs but not to Blacks.

Aedammair said:
I don't know I kinda agree with Socrates a little bit. I don't think that it is right to be rude to anyone but at the same time people make a bigger deal over blacks than other minorities. you be racist with a black person it is a big deal but I hear racist stuff about mexicans or arabs and although it is still wrong, it is still not as big of a deal

I guess I am getting a little (a lot) off-topic, but as a black person, I these comments sort of struck a sour chord with me. SO I thought I'd address them from my angle. I wanted to address the idea that racism against blacks is somehow more severely regarded than racism against other groups. Racism is racism. There is definitely a great deal discrimination against the voiceless majority of blacks: statistics in housing, education, the judicial system, and even in the entertainment industry suggest the opposite. No big deal, per se, but its this type singling out that is a recycled product of "racist" modes of thought that still permeate America's underbelly.

I understand why you guys would think this, seeing as you are likely getting your facts, at least partly, from our very flawed media system -- which has the tendency to over-represent black outcries to racism. I think its due to the fact that we have a culture of activism that has been establishing itself since the institution of slavery.

Despite the fact that blacks are among the most "forlorn" of minority groups in America, we hold a disproportionate degree of political voice -- likely because segments of our culture have become somewhat perceptive to the our basic rights under the constitution. There are many black activists who can voice "black" opinions through the media by their sheer numbers, wheras there are far fewer non-black minority activists to voice the opinions of their respective groups -- I don't know why this is. If these groups banded together on a massive scale to declare their civil rights, and MADE the world pay attention, the media would be retarded to ignore their problems. But I would caution against singling black people out in this process, no matter how trendy its become to do so -- its rather crude.

Blacks still deal with de facto, or Institutionalized, racism like any other minority group. The "War on Drugs" had distinctively black inclinations and rammifications, just as the "War on Terror" is inclined to affect Muslims and Arabs to a much higher negative degree. The people at the top are the pricks who decide this.

Other minority groups, such as women, or even non-minority Men, are victims of their own unique forms of discrimination. There is no truly concrete way to determine who is "the most discriminated against" group -- but still, statistics are an indicator: poverty rates, unemployment, wages etc. are often disproportionate so far are some groups are concerned in comparison to others: for instance, women get payed less than men for the same work. Black and Latino males are incarcerated at percentages that are outrageous when comparison to the identical percentages of other groups that commit the exact same crimes...

Life is a power trip for the rich -- apparently "green people" -- that is the richest 10 percent of Americans who own more than 80% of wealth, could care less about a few bully problems and some name calling. While we "Recession Babies" are here bashing each others' heads out of stress, "green people" of EVERY hue are observing with laughter.

I feel sorry for your bullies though: they may enjoy themselves now in their limited throes of power, but ten years down the line, they'll be lining some Green Dude's ass-pocket with toilet money (for defacatory purposes). Despite the fact that they may or may not be virgins.

Victim--> :club: <--"Victor"

I also admire Bruce Lee, I have all of his movies and some books. It seems that the good ones die young, but he definitely wasn't afraid of death, or pain, or anything. That's how I'd like to be.

Wow socrates... Do you really think everyone who's confident and successful in life got that way by beating people up for making fun of them?

The kids in school who went around beating each other up over a bit of bullying didn't go very far in life.

Even as a kid or a teenager, you can still face aggrivated assault charges, which are serious charges.

There's nothing manly or strong about getting into a fight that could have been avoided. It just makes you look simple, and doesn't really impress anyone, especially not women.

As for Aedammair... The most appropriate response is to go to a teacher. If the teacher can't do anything about it, then go to the office and speak with the principal and explain that you want these kids dealt with.

Schools aren't allowed to ignore something like this, so it will be dealt with, and if it isn't, then you take the next responsible step and complain higher and higher up the ladder until the problem gets resolved.

Schools take a 0 tolerance policy to bullying. If that's being ignored, then your principal may be seen as incapable of fulfilling his job's duties and replaced. So believe me, this wont go ignored.

Let's say for a moment that you did decide to engage these guys in a fight, and, as would be quite possible, you ended up seriously hurting one of them. Or perhaps one of them pulls a weapon in self-defense. Now police have to get involved. The police don't care that you were being bullied. You made the wrong choice by engaging them and didn't conduct yourself responsibly. Now you've gone and seriously messed up your education, potentially putting yourself in serious danger, and left a nice black smear on your future, just because those idiots got under your skin.

Mysis said:
Or perhaps one of them pulls a weapon in self-defense.

Wouldn't have happened in the good old days...even in MY childhood. Us guys would fight each other tooth and nail one minute and then be best buddies the next, everything forgiven and forgotten. Knives weren't weapons...they were tools to carve a girl's name into a tree or the side of the school building. No one would even CONSIDER using a knife in a fight? Who would?

These days...I dunno, kids are so ******* serious about pointless honeysuckle. They carry grudges for no goddamn reason. Fights used to just be male bonding; or a sort of male training....and a way to let off some steam. Sure, you'd be mad at a guy for a day or two, but that would fade and until the next fight you'd be pals again. Am I messed up for thinking there's nothing wrong with that?

Kids just need to chill out these days and realize that high school drama is NOT THE END OF THE WORLD.

Latest posts

Back