how do you deal with jerks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Renkei said:
All i would suggest is to ignore them.
if you don't ignore them they will keep bothering you.
they want you to do something and they want you to crack.
Just go on. because think of it this way.
they cant make you angry. they don't have magic powers to make you angry.
they can do and say what ever. but they cant truly make you angry.
so just ignore people like that, I've had my fair share of "Haters" at school, and the best thing to do is turn a cold shoulder to people like that. they are simply just trying to pick a fight with you and make trouble. Don't Give Them what they want.

i totally agree with you. i think thats good advice cuz im in college and its an all girl's school and the girls here make rude comments about me for no reason at all! They are so unhappy with who they are (and they make it so obvious) that they go out of their way to speak loudly so i can hear them. I ignore them completely. & it pisses them off because i show no emotion to what they say. When they say mean things about me It does no physical harm to me, so I don't really care. It hurts a little to know that people whom I don't even know have so many negative things to say about me. but it hurts even more because I feel like a coward for not reacting back, but I know it's smarter to sit back and watch karma take effect then to try and solve it like a cavewoman with no hometraining, class, or manners. I made my mind up that I dont care if I end the year with no friends, as long as I get good marks and get the education I came here to get, I can rest easily knowing I didn't make a stupid mistake that would cause me to get expelled over harmless words. Also, it's comforting to know that i'm not the only person who's being talked about and isn't ashamed to talk (type) about it.

I thought there are different options either than ignore them, oh well....

Why this honeysuckle is happening though is a mystery for me. In school times when i was bullied by guys i fought back, still they only thought i like to "play" with them, and this honeysuckle got more often. New strategy of being silent was better, they still made some jokes from time to time but pretty rare, and well jokes aren't physical and were pretty stupid so i didn't care.

Now i have a problem.....with girls bulling me. Thats something i didn't expect and i don't know exactly why, maybe because i am not conversating with them ? still i don't think its vague reason. First it was one girl that somehow hate me, i tried to co-op with her and began conversations. Everything was good when i was around but then its just happened that i was near(but not in the same room) to hear honeysuckle from her mouth pointing on me. I felt confusion. She left her workplace when getting pregnant so everything went smooth for me. But not for long.

A new girl that seemed didn't hate me(was friend of the one who did) came to the picture. This one started hate me because i was silent and she was loud as hell, there wasn't day in the work without her talking funny(mostly funny to her) things and expecting some reaction, if not she started to complain by putting down the one who ignore her(also she can do it by using direct or inderect form. like not talking about me directly but things about me), hell she is like program. how can i deal with her ? i don't like speeking to her but silent strategy isn't working good at all, she just never shut up.

BrickGun_-_Glock_17_Front-Left_Ortho.jpg

sorry. i couldn't resist.

SocratesX said:
Stomp the living honeysuckle out them. Fight. You have to get into a fight and beat them up. If you can do it, do it. Don't let your parents guilt you. I DIDNT BEAT UP BULLIES WHEN I WAS 13, AND AT AGE 20, I AM A VIRGIN WITH PSYCOLOGICAL PROBLEMS. Just do it. There is no other way.

I agree, I'm a school teacher in a boys school. Realistically, get some karate lessons, do some boxing, self defence. Give it a year or so and beat the fresia out of these *******.

Hate them back!

It's just life. It's not fair so you kind of have to earn their respect.

Also one thing I've learned in my life time, this may not apply to all but sometimes DON"T LISTEN TO YOUR PARENTS> especially if it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. THey're not perfect either.

Fighting will get you either suspended or expelled from school. I suggest either taking the matter up with your manager (if the bullying is happening at work) or a teacher.

Four_in_the_morning said:
Also one thing I've learned in my life time, this may not apply to all but sometimes DON"T LISTEN TO YOUR PARENTS> especially if it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. THey're not perfect either.

What excellent advice to be giving out. /sarcasm

You're a teacher, you say? Do you give that sort of advice to your students? Been teaching long?

If I heard that my kids' teachers were telling them not to listen to me, there'd be some serious honeysuckle flying.

Four_in_the_morning said:

In my experience, telling hormonally-driven, judgmentally unstable teens (that's ALL teens, by the way) to "follow their feelings" just doesn't work. That's how we get dumbass kids shooting others and getting girls pregnant.

"Oh, but mommy and daddy said NOT to fresia that girl and get her pregnant... but they must be wrong, right? Because they're advice feels so wrong and I love this girl so much..."

...right?

/sarcasm.

Latest posts

Back