How do you deal with stress from loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCapo

Reaction score
Honestly lately its been getting to me. I sit on the computer and jus kinda write rhymes to deal with my depression. Also music helps when im writing, video games are a biggie. Keeps my mind occupied.

SO what do you do to deal with the pain?

I used to take my motorbike for a ride, tho its kinda dead now :S. anything that keeps my occupied, computer games do help but i cant play the same game twice and cant download em fast enough lol.

Yup.. writing and music.

I did three things..

write the pain.. cry and write what i felt.. i made up a depressed character ..she was a whore and a girl in a fantasy world (she was me) and when I was in pain from loneliness I cried and cried and wrote as if I was her.

Like I would write
'Dear Utori (this means universe in her language..and it who she wrote too),

why the f**k do you put me through this pain? why am i not good enough to have one friend???
blah blah blah'

Second listen to music

Third go on alonelylife =)

I exercise. Jogging or cycling is the best, no worries just moving around.
I also cook or play my guitar. Anything to keep me busy.
Writing is something I do regardless of my mood, but I especially like to write when I'm lonely, then I can look back at it and remember what inspired me to write it and how to avoid feeling that way again.

I work harder.

Can't be lonely when you're too busy feeling miserable because it's 40 degrees and raining on you while you try to burn a brush pile :p Or just flat out *snowing* on your ass.

Other than that I pretty much just mope and go to sleep. :D

When im feeling lonely I just sleep to try to forget, but when that fails miserably, I just go on the computer and write and write and write, I write about random things, about how im feeling, stories, poems, songs then back to my feelings again, like a back and forth thing, very random

And I try to find something to work on to keep my mind and my body busy, so I can forget for a while

I find music doesnt really help me, it makes me more depressed for some reason, makes me see the person I am and all thats going on is just circling my mind because indirectly I pick songs that relate to how im feeling and so it intensifies it. So I try to avoid music when im lonely and depressed.

Walks make me feel even MORE lonely, cause well I wish someone was walking beside me, so I wouldnt have to be alone.

When I felt lonely, what truly helped me (for that time being at least) was an interesting (usually fantasy fiction) book and a cup of hot steaming tea/coffee with chocolate. The only problem is that an interesting book does not always make itself available and gets read too quickly. I wish they never ended :p

Playing my guitar has become a sort of meditation for me. My problems become lost between the frets and I'm able to focus on sound instead of worry.

Also as you mentioned, video games have been known to help considerably. Video games get a lot of bad press, but there's a rich history and a lot of nostalgia there for many of us. They're also fun.

The most important thing that has helped me in the past few years is humor. I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but if you can figure out a way to laugh at the bad that comes your way, you've got it made. So to any of you that have rolled your eyes at my absurd messages, bear in mind that those stupid jokes have helped keep me alive.

1) play computer games
2) take sleeping pills or codeine to knock me out
3) drink alcohol
4) force myself to sleep

usually all the above at the same time

stella said:
1) play computer games
2) take sleeping pills or codeine to knock me out
3) drink alcohol
4) force myself to sleep

usually all the above at the same time

Excersise, reading, crafts, sleeping pills, alcohol, going to the movies.

Loneliness is one component of several that constitute the misery I've been contending with. Home entertainment distracts me from my misery when I am not at work. Ex. music, videogames, typing, internet, tv/dvds, masturbation, etc. unfortunately, sometimes even these things don't have a positive effect on my mood. I don't know, man. This is life for me, I guess. I just live with it somehow. Live to fight another day in hopes things will change for good, eh?

You can run but you can't hide. You can distract yourself from the pain through many outlits
or self medicate to numb yourself out. The many addictions we all can get into as an escape.

First things first...stop numbing yourself out...or ultimately any type of addictions
won't take away the pain. That day will come sooner or later...Sooner is better.lol

Think of your pains as a good sign...You yourself is trying to tell you...this honeysuckle aint right or something is wrong. :p

The threashold. Once you cross this threashold of pain , your comfortzone won't work anymore.
In other words...you'll hit a mental or emotional bottom.
Ultimately the pain of loneliness becomes greater than the pain of reaching out to others and getting well.
Maybe out of desperations at first to get kick started out of the rut. In time you'll level off and make better
decisions.

You can save yourself a lot of heart aches and misery..if you're not hard head.
Then again perhapse hitting a bottom might be the best way to go...this way you'll really grasp it..lol
You can dig a hole about as deep as you wanna go.
Therefore there's no wrong answer for anyone.
Live and learn....i guess.

When I get real sad I go to the gym and lift wieghts. If I am feeling lonely or anti social I just grab some dumbells I have laying around and do curls, presses, etc...until my arms feel like they are jelly.

I also go for a walk. I used to run alot, but with the wieght I have put on in my elder days its too much on my kness...so now I just walk...alot.

Music helps too.

I used to play games alot, but now they make me sad too for some reason...

1. Go to the gym and exercise until exhaustion, so when I arrive at home, I just take a shower, and drop like a rock in bed.
2. Play videogames, or watch a movie or series so I can escape reality.
3. Browse the internet.

1)I cant listen to music, makes me think more. Cause when Im depressed I pick a song that relates to the mood im in, so it makes me feel worse. I just write down what im feeling, let it all out and vent about it for a while, i try to turn on the tv for a while, just let it play in the backround so theres sound for some reason that helps

2)I try to go to the gym, work out and run a lot to tire myself out, maybe rockclimb a LOT

3)I drink to forget sometimes, thats when im really desperate though

4)Play video games or read a book or a magazine

5)Force myself to sleep and hope things get better when I wake up

Sleeping-A way to kill that feeling of depression for a moment
Play computer game-Same as sleeping

But I guess the best way is to work and overcome the reason that you are depressed.If it is lack of friends,work at it.

I play guitar, write songs and poetry, listen to a wide variety of music, watch t.v. but none of these things are capable of filling the massive void I feel all the time.

Latest posts

Back