How do you feel now compared to when you joined?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In truth to early to say,

I enjoy reading other peoples stories and the games. I really like getting PM's from lovely people most of all. I feel the site has helped a little so i don't feel quite as alone but sadly it is also still there. I'm hoping in time this will change :)

jetsuo said:
How did you feel about your life when you joined the forum compared to how you feel now?
Has there been much change? and if so, whats changed for you and how long did it take? what helped you change?
or are you exactly the same as before?
I feel totally grateful for being on this site and sharing thoughts/feelings, etc. with people who can relate. Has being in this forum turned my life around? Changed it for the better? No, not markedly...but to some degree, it has. It is making me think, and rethink my reactions to things...and, you know what? I can be a really positive person to others...but when it comes to me, I linger in negative thinking/patterns. I am becoming more aware of the positive...and am considering taking some of my own advice.

Just the other day, I read a comment from someone on here that said something like, "...you made me smile for the first time today..." Um, that's something I am VERY proud of. It warmed my heart to know that I put a smile on someone's face. I don't feel as though I've been able to do that for anyone lately...much less myself...so it was a real pick me up...and if it weren't for this site and the courageous people who post on here, I wouldn't have felt a little happy yesterday :)

I feel much, much better now. I'm not doing great, I'm not even doing ok...but I'm definitely doing/feeling much better.
When I joined this site, I was a mess. I was at a lowest point of my life.

Well seeing as how I only joined yesterday...not much different. I didn't necessarily come here to change my circumstances, but to be able to communicate with people going through similar stuff. Hopefully I won't feel as....alone, I guess.

I joined ALL a little over a year ago. I was going through a time in my life where I realized, I didn't have anyone. I came on here and met some wonderful people. I was on chat every night, and skyped almost everyday. It was awesome to have people in my life I could talked to, and get me through the day. I relied on people on here, which got me out of my depression and loneliness.

Now my life is way busy, and less lonely. I moved back to my family and bought a house with my boyfriend. I do like to come on here still. I miss lots of my friends though. I'm glad they are doing well and don't need this place as much as they did before.

Hmm, how to answer this one.

Okay, I first came here in 2010, I was an angry mess. lol (I'm sure you can get testimonials about that :p ) I was alone, I was...well, nothing, to be honest. My ex had just left me the year before and I didn't know what I was doing. No job, very few friends, 2 kids to raise alone.

I left in 2012, was gone for a little over a year then returned 2 years ago. I didn't really come back because I was lonely, I came back to help others and to get some conversation because my life is pretty busy and I don't get any down time to go out with friends or anything like that. I'm not longer the angry mess that first came here (although I'm sure others will tell you different :rolleyes: ). I'm a hell of a lot more stable and I'm okay with everything that's happened now.

I can't really say things have improved for me, actually to be honest they have gotten worse and worse.
What has turned for the better is my social anxiety, years of pushing myself to meet new people have brought some results; in addition I am much more grounded in general (except that since almost two years I have a full blown depression, doh, must be apathy) and I don't fret about guys anymore. Still lonely though... although since changing country my life seems slightly more dynamic.
Don't know if my "advice" skills have improved at all in these years, but I have been reading attentively those who are better than me in that regard, and one thing this forum gave me is the wish to become like them, good with words :) especially kind words.
And meeting those two or three very special people...

jetsuo said:
How did you feel about your life when you joined the forum compared to how you feel now?
Has there been much change? and if so, whats changed for you and how long did it take? what helped you change?
or are you exactly the same as before?

I think I've had some changes, some for the better, others for worse, others the same. For the worse, I have more anxiety now. That is not in any way the fault of this site or anyone on it. Just the thoughts that I feel.

And for the same, I still don't have a girlfriend. I suppose that could be counted as for the worse, because almost two years have passed and I'm still single, just like always.

But for the better, I'd say I'm slightly more confident (in all ways except relationships) and I'd say I'm more in control of my temper due to the good influences of some kind past and present forum members I've met.

It's too early to say as I only joined in August, but I no longer feel ashamed for feeling lonely.

Also I had the courage to say here that I'm bisexual but now I think that I may be pansexual as I've been reading about these things, and there are a lot of words to describe it. For me it's emotional and spiritual more than sexual. Anyway I'm married and monogamous so it's theoretical in the physical sense.

I would also say that I would rather have a few deep friendships with other women (preferably in my home county), than a busy social life with lots of casual acquaintances.

I have significantly fewer problems with anxiety, fewer offline friends, and a solid group of online ones.

I would say better but it's not exactly the case. Too many people I befriended on here ended up leaving. I almost left last summer but I decided to talk to the newest members on here instead. :)

My loneliness has been worse since I graduated in May. It makes me wonder if people get tired of me after a while. :'(

Well, when I joined the forum, I was a good month away from homelessness, and I was terrified.

Now, I'm days away from being homeless, and I feel at peace.

Latest posts

Back