How do you stop the doubts creeping in ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grackle said:
The next time she says 'we' ... why not say ..., 'You said we, would that be you and your mum?' Or nephew ? And we will know. You have to ask ... I can't take not knowing any longer.

I could but I don't know sounds too forward.
I just hate offending people.
The more I talk to her, the more chance she will let it slip. A week on Sunday she is going to the football and I will be there. Maybe I will see her. I get 5 minutes a week to talk to her. Today was good because I didn't have a customer, so I could talk to her.

TropicalStarfish said:
Holy crap, ask her out! You're killin' me...

don't read the thread then. Asking anybody out is always tricky !
All sorts of bad stuff can happen !

Triple Bogey said:
TropicalStarfish said:

I think TropicalStarfish was speaking in fun. Like being a pal and showing interest and being supportive.... don't think anyone is pushing you to do anything you don't want to do, we are all behind you.

Grackle said:
Triple Bogey said:
TropicalStarfish said:

I think TropicalStarfish was speaking in fun. Like being a pal and showing interest and being supportive.... don't think anyone is pushing you to do anything you don't want to do, we are all behind you.

oh I see. I am grateful for all your kind words and support !

I wish one day I could write something positive on here !
I will try my best !

I don't think it's being too forward to ask who she going to the football match with.
She won't be offended. You could wait forever for her to let slip and she could be waiting for you to ask her.

Tulip23 said:
I don't think it's being too forward to ask who she going to the football match with.
She won't be offended. You could wait forever for her to let slip and she could be waiting for you to ask her.

Agreed. She might be thinking,' well I have done what I can to encourage him, why doesn't he like me'?

jaguarundi said:
Tulip23 said:

Agreed. She might be thinking,' well I have done what I can to encourage him, why doesn't he like me'?

I don't think I know her well enough to ask her who she is going to football with. It could come across as creepy. She hasn't been in the last 3 Saturday's. I was thinking she was avoiding the shop because I had been too friendly. It wasn't true of course. It's stupid to think like that but I do. I feel ashamed when I like someone and I don't enjoy asking a woman out. The last thing I want is to hurt anybody's feelings.

I will try my best and if the opportunity comes along I will do something. I promise.

Simply ask her out. However your not alone having doubts cause I sometimes feel like people are getting bored of me. Due to my past they tend to creep up in my mind. How do I stop it? I usually write in my journal or take some time to myself. Whenever I'm stressed out I'll need days to relax or else things will keep building up. I've noticed when I don't do anything for myself I'll get stressed. Sometimes doing things you love helps or you can try practicing to yourself on what you'd love to say to her. It's good to be interested in her but don't stress yourself out over it. Whenever I stress out things get really bad for me. Hope things work out well for you.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
Simply ask her out. However your not alone having doubts cause I sometimes feel like people are getting bored of me. Due to my past they tend to creep up in my mind. How do I stop it? I usually write in my journal or take some time to myself. Whenever I'm stressed out I'll need days to relax or else things will keep building up. I've noticed when I don't do anything for myself I'll get stressed. Sometimes doing things you love helps or you can try practicing to yourself on what you'd love to say to her. It's good to be interested in her but don't stress yourself out over it. Whenever I stress out things get really bad for me. Hope things work out well for you.

I am cool about it. I am not crazy about her, she seems interesting that's all. The little I know about her. There are probably dozens of women customers I talk to more. I'm not losing sleep over it. If I get the chance I will do something. Maybe I will bump into her next Sunday at football.

Had a nice chat with her today, the longest I have had. Mostly about football. We are both going tomorrow so I asked her where she is sitting. I told her where I would be too.
It will be hard to 'bump into her' though since 25,000 people are going. I found out she likes Rugby and that's about it.

It's too crowded with people milling about to ask her anything too personnel though. I think I am making good progress though. Getting to know customers is always a long winded process.

Triple Bogey said:
Had a nice chat with her today, the longest I have had. Mostly about football. We are both going tomorrow so I asked her where she is sitting. I told her where I would be too.
It will be hard to 'bump into her' though since 25,000 people are going. I found out she likes Rugby and that's about it.

It's too crowded with people milling about to ask her anything too personnel though. I think I am making good progress though. Getting to know customers is always a long winded process.

I suppose in a film I would bump into her. Can't see that happening, we are sat in different areas of the stadium.

I have almost forgotten about this. I gave the photo's to my brother. (The ones I was going to give to her)
Not thought about her much, only that's it's been going on for months and I have made little progress. What's my big plan ? I call her by her name and she suddenly starts to like me ?
Sounds pathetic.

beautiful loser said:
That's the Bogey we know and love! :p

oh ye of little faith !

Working on chill this morning, somebody behind me says 'hi' so I say 'hello' back, turn around and it's her. It was a nice surprize, started chatting to her. We mostly talked about the football from last week. It was a nice chat. She looked interested, happy, she blushed a bit. I noticed that. Felt like she wanted to talk to me, she spoke fast, they were bits I didn't pick up. She kept saying 'we' - so she went with somebody. (to the football match) A partner ? Still don't know yet.

It was the first time I felt I had a chance with her. Something seemed to click. We said 'bye'. A few hours later I was on the till and I was thinking 'wouldn't it be great if she come in again' - I looked up and she was there again. This time the chat was my stupid jokes and talking about the weather. I wished her a good weekend.

Triple Bogey said:
beautiful loser said:

oh ye of little faith !

Working on chill this morning, somebody behind me says 'hi' so I say 'hello' back, turn around and it's her. It was a nice surprize, started chatting to her. We mostly talked about the football from last week. It was a nice chat. She looked interested, happy, she blushed a bit. I noticed that. Felt like she wanted to talk to me, she spoke fast, they were bits I didn't pick up. She kept saying 'we' - so she went with somebody. (to the football match) A partner ? Still don't know yet.

It was the first time I felt I had a chance with her. Something seemed to click. We said 'bye'. A few hours later I was on the till and I was thinking 'wouldn't it be great if she come in again' - I looked up and she was there again. This time the chat was my stupid jokes and talking about the weather. I wished her a good weekend.

Come on already, that WAS your chance! Just roll the dice and go for it before you psych yourself out again. You're killing us, Bogey.:club:

Triple Bogey said:
beautiful loser said:

oh ye of little faith !

That's called a spark. Chemistry. Clearly she likes you. You're halfway there, man, keep it up! :)

-Teresa

ladyforsaken said:
I can see this turning into a novel or something. :O

at least I am keeping you lot entertained :)

give me a few more months and I might do something :)

Latest posts

Back