How do you stop the doubts creeping in ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beautiful loser said:
Triple Bogey said:
ladyforsaken said:
I can see this turning into a novel or something. :O

at least I am keeping you lot entertained :)

give me a few more months and I might do something :)

A few more nice visits with her and she'll be the one you take to the party...mark my words :)

thanks.

it's frustrating she only comes in once a week, if she came in every day then obviously it would be easier.

I wonder who she goes to football and rugby with. This 'we' she keeps mentioning. I find the more you talk to a woman, eventually she will mention an 'other half' but she hasn't yet.

she came in today unexpected. I had no nerves chatting her up. I find that easy. Spoke for a good 10 minutes. She is nice. I like her. She is a bit like me, a quiet but interesting person.
She did a lot of the talking which was good. Didn't drop any hints though. There is no green light or anything like that. It's all good though. I am happy about it. Because it's not like I am seriously into her that I am thinking about her all the time.

Triple Bogey said:
she came in today unexpected. I had no nerves chatting her up. I find that easy. Spoke for a good 10 minutes. She is nice. I like her. She is a bit like me, a quiet but interesting person.
She did a lot of the talking which was good. Didn't drop any hints though. There is no green light or anything like that. It's all good though. I am happy about it. Because it's not like I am seriously into her that I am thinking about her all the time.

I would say it's time to take this to the next level, I think others here share that very same sentiment...

I also believe in karmic resolution, you're a good chap who has been very unlucky in love.. others may disagree, but I think you're due to have the opportunity you're looking for. So, the universe does indeed owe you. (You can't always get a bad roll of the dice, is another way to put this.)

Batman55 said:
Triple Bogey said:

I would say it's time to take this to the next level, I think others here share that very same sentiment...

I also believe in karmic resolution, you're a good chap who has been very unlucky in love.. others may disagree, but I think you're due to have the opportunity you're looking for. So, the universe does indeed owe you. (You can't always get a bad roll of the dice, is another way to put this.)

oh yes I am due a bit of luck. When I start thinking of all the fiasco's, I am amazed how many there are !

I am thinking of asking this woman for a coffee, just to see how she reacts. I think she's single now. Gut feeling. I think she is shy as well.

well she came in today, her hair was different, she looked nice.
I am the main till person but when it gets busy others come and help me. So I don't know for sure I will get to serve her.
She did her shopping and all the time I am hoping it will work out. She joins the queue, there is another cashier but it looks like I
will get to serve her. Anyway this old duffer is taking forever to pick his bags up so I am getting worried I could miss out.
Finally the old fart fucks off and there she is. So I have my what 3 minutes ? of the week to talk to her. We talked about her work and
the upcoming world cup. It was nice. I think she is sweet. It's the most enjoyable 3 minutes of the week !

And then she left. I feel better about it when I haven't got some half baked plan to ask her out on my mind.
I would like to think she enjoys talking to me. She seems to.

"Anyway this old duffer is taking forever to pick his bags up so I am getting worried I could miss out.
Finally the old fart fucks off and there she is"

LOL...thanks Bogey, for my morning laugh!

beautiful loser said:
"Anyway this old duffer is taking forever to pick his bags up so I am getting worried I could miss out.
Finally the old fart fucks off and there she is"

LOL...thanks Bogey, for my morning laugh!

your welcome :)

final nail in the coffin of this today !
Complete joke, a farce !
Why I bothered writing all this crap I don't know ?
And I must say sorry for wasting everybody's time.

She isn't interested. I can't bullshit myself any longer. I reckon 100 women customers were more friendly than her today.
I don't buy she is shy or in a bad mood. There is nothing.

One, you didn't waste our time. Two, how do you know she wasn't in a bad mood? It happens to all of us. Lastly, maybe she wants you to ask her out and you won't do it and it bothers her slightly?

beautiful loser said:
One, you didn't waste our time. Two, how do you know she wasn't in a bad mood? It happens to all of us. Lastly, maybe she wants you to ask her out and you won't do it and it bothers her slightly?

No there isn't any interest from her. She knows my name and never uses it. Never asks me how I am. She answers my questions but anybody would do that. She never looks to see if I am on. (which a lot of customers do. It's a natural thing to walk in the shop and look towards the till area. If I was on her mind she would do that. She would look over at me when she was shopping as well. Yesterday she was stood 2 feet away getting served by someone else and didn't look at me. I kept looking at her and finally she looked at me and said 'hello' - so I said 'hi' back and 'allright ?' but she went back to looking at the ground. All it is, is customer / cashier chit chat, nothing more. I talk to loads of women. In fact loads of them are way more friendly than her, usually the old ladies. I was wearing and England shirt yesterday. I got loads of comments (all nice), she never said a thing.

Triple Bogey said:
beautiful loser said:

No there isn't any interest from her. She knows my name and never uses it. Never asks me how I am. She answers my questions but anybody would do that. She never looks to see if I am on. (which a lot of customers do. It's a natural thing to walk in the shop and look towards the till area. If I was on her mind she would do that. She would look over at me when she was shopping as well. Yesterday she was stood 2 feet away getting served by someone else and didn't look at me. I kept looking at her and finally she looked at me and said 'hello' - so I said 'hi' back and 'allright ?' but she went back to looking at the ground. All it is, is customer / cashier chit chat, nothing more. I talk to loads of women. In fact loads of them are way more friendly than her, usually the old ladies. I was wearing and England shirt yesterday. I got loads of comments (all nice), she never said a thing.

Today I was determined not to 'look forward' to her coming in so much. And I didn't have anything planned to talk about. I wanted to treat her like a normal customer.

When she did come in, I just happened to be looking at the door. She said 'morning', I said 'morning' back. She did her shopping. I didn't get to serve her. (She had the choice of me and somebody else, she chose the other person who was nearest) - She said 'hi' though and I said 'hi' back. After that I concentrated on my customers. She left.

About 30 minutes later she came back in and got served by somebody else again. I admit I was deliberately not looking at her. I was serving my customer doing some lottery tickets. I got the feeling out of the corner of my eye that she was looking at me though. When I finished with my lottery tickets I finally looked up and she was looking at me. She smiled so I smiled back. I didn't speak, neither did she.

Something else occurred to me after she left. She probably knows I like her. Normally I talk to her even though she is getting served by someone else. I am usually jovial full of chat and jokes. She probably wondered why I was so quiet.

I served her twice today. Couldn't help chatting her up a bit. I am a chatterbox on the till.
I am sure she is a lovely person and great company.
Shame nothing is going to happen.

ladyforsaken said:
Triple Bogey said:
Shame nothing is going to happen.

Only if you're not gonna do anything about it to find out if something could happen.

it's more circumstances that is preventing me.
It's not really appropriate at work and that's the only time I see her.

Can't give her your number and ask her to message or call you? I mean at least you try and take that first step right. If she isn't interested, then you'll know now that she isn't and won't keep thinking about it.

ladyforsaken said:
Can't give her your number and ask her to message or call you? I mean at least you try and take that first step right. If she isn't interested, then you'll know now that she isn't and won't keep thinking about it.

I'm trying not to thinking about it.

It's too busy at work. When I am talking to any customer within 5 seconds another customer is trying to get past. It's a very small shop. I can talk behind the till when I serve a customer but there is always a queue so everything is rushed. Saturdays are even busier. The only chance is if I bump into her outside the shop when I am getting my bike. I often see customers like this.

"I served her twice today. Couldn't help chatting her up a bit."

Okay, call me dumb, but when you served her twice is that in a certain part of the store and then the checkout line? Or did she leave and then come back? If the latter, that is two weekends in a row that she came back to the store for a second time. Maybe she's waiting for someone to be a little more than a friendly till person??

beautiful loser said:
"I served her twice today. Couldn't help chatting her up a bit."

Okay, call me dumb, but when you served her twice is that in a certain part of the store and then the checkout line? Or did she leave and then come back? If the latter, that is two weekends in a row that she came back to the store for a second time. Maybe she's waiting for someone to be a little more than a friendly till person??

The reason is she buys a lot of bottled water and couldn't carry it all. So she took the first lot to the car and then came for some more. She explained. That's the reason she comes in twice most times. She can't carry all her shopping. I think she is shopping for her Mother who can't get out too much.

It's frustrating because if I was sat opposite her having a coffee I think talking would be easy. But I only get a couple of minutes every week.

Then it should give you even better chance at saying something like "hey, I've seen you here quite often, it's been nice chatting with you, maybe we can chat more outside of my work time - i think it'd be fun" then you either do a quick exchange of numbers or make a meeting place and time on the spot. I know it is much easier to say these things.. I can only imagine how nerve-wrecking it can be but doesn't it frustrate you and make you wanna do something after so long? It will drive me crazy enough to do what I just said lol if I were in your position, because it will not stop bothering me and it will affect me .. quite a bit. So I just wanna get it out of the way and just do it.

Latest posts

Back