How does it feel?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkest Seraphim

Reaction score
When i come here late at night its usually for one of a couple reasons. One, I'm really depressed and repressed and need to let my feelings out before i pass out or something, or have a nervous breakdown. And two, I come to see if anyone has responded to any one of my loveely threads.

What I get out of it i am not sure of. But, to be honest sometimes its a negative thing. Its like mental patients going to see other mental patients for help. But, Help isnt really what this place is for anyway. It helps to talk about whats inside to people that can relate to you. It makes you feel not so alone in the world anyways Its comforting to be able to speak to someone else and have them tottaly get it.

For me, however, reality sets in and make me feel alone and depressed again. To konw there is a community of other lonely people out there isnt so comforting at times. It just makes me more angry and resentful. Id never wish this curse onto someone else. Even if it was someone i hated whole heartedly. So, its not exactly the best thing ever when i see a lot of people responding to a thread or a lot of people understanding my point of "Yeah life really sucks. It makes me wanna just end it all sometimes." Its comforting to know that someone gets it. And then its depressing to konw that someone gets it.

How does it feel? Does it feel good to belong? Does it comfort you that there are others like you who understand your problems and seek support. Or does it feel bad that others share your pain, that a community like this exist cuz there are so many that have been afflicted with it for a long time.

I suppose it is a bit like mental patients going to see other mental patients but I am here to tell you that there is a lot of level headed ppl on here. OK If any of us know the answers we would not have gotten here our self. That dose not stop us from giving advise though. And we all have our own reason for being here.

Advice is the same who ever gives it whether in person or fro a message Bord. It really is up to the person whether or not they use the advice given.

It is a bit like the blind leading the blind. But for me just knowing that am not the only person that feels alone dose help. And by reading all the other posts dose make me feel better in a way cos I know from that I am not the loneliest person in the world.

Don't get me wrong I in no way would wont anyone to feel the pain I have felt but at the same time it dose help in knowing that they are other ppl out there that get where am coming from. very few ppl in the world would you know. In less you have experience being lonely and I don't mean just a little cos every man, women and child on the planet have experience it just not to the same degree that most of the ppl here have.

Also I have made some good friends here and ok there only Internet friends but if your talking to ppl on here and making friends and having a laugh over the net with one another then your not thinking silly thought as your time and energy is being taken up with them ppl.

Also when you wright the stuff down that's bothering you it dose kinder make it moor clear. Most would not have other wise had wright it down if not for posting it on here.

most of the time there is no real advise that ppl can give. A lot of the time I only post to say in a way that your post has been acknowledged and I simpervice. just to be acknowledged sometimes is all that a person wants as in the real world a lot here don't get acknowledged that often.

Darkest Seraphim said:
How does it feel? Does it feel good to belong? Does it comfort you that there are others like you who understand your problems and seek support. Or does it feel bad that others share your pain, that a community like this exist cuz there are so many that have been afflicted with it for a long time.

While i do not wish anyone any ill, it does seem to be something of a comfort that there are some that understand. I am not happy that they live in a condition that allows them to understand, because it is not something that i would wish on anyone.

I don't know how it feels to belong because i don't think i have belonged anyplace, or it has been so long ago that i have forgotten or found that i was mistaken.

I think it's great that people can come on here and share their thoughts and feelings even if they are dark and negative things. However, I try not to reply to anything in a negative way, instead I try to share my thoughts and feelings in a way that I hope is somewhat constructive at least.

I really don't mind reading about what others might be going through at the moment, I don't easily get "brought down" by other people, if that makes sense.

And about belonging... I can't say that I feel I belong much anywhere. Perhaps that is just part of being yourself sometimes? Or perhaps I just don't feel I'm worthy of belonging anywhere. :)

Sometimes its really depressing to me that SO MANY PPL are suffering just like me...sometimes its unbearable that anyone else ALSO has to go through what ur going through

Terminus said:
I think it's great that people can come on here and share their thoughts and feelings even if they are dark and negative things. However, I try not to reply to anything in a negative way, instead I try to share my thoughts and feelings in a way that I hope is somewhat constructive at least.

I really don't mind reading about what others might be going through at the moment, I don't easily get "brought down" by other people, if that makes sense.

And about belonging... I can't say that I feel I belong much anywhere. Perhaps that is just part of being yourself sometimes? Or perhaps I just don't feel I'm worthy of belonging anywhere. :)

Yea there is a few on here acutely that say the deepest things but in the most comical way ever that just get me lol'ing. I think its a good thing in that why we may get real down we do not loss our sens of hummer.

But I Guss if you don't feel you belong then you most diffenetly belong to this forum even if you feel you don't feel like you do ;) If you get that way of thinking. I mean most here don't feel they belong to anything. I Guss that's apart of why we feel like we do. I mean there is ppl here that are marred but still feel lonely. Maybe that has got moor to do with feeling they don't belong. I my self have a big family and use to go to all the family parties and stuff. I don't go to any no moor as I don't get made to feel welcome and feel that I do not belong.

Darkest Seraphim said:

I left this forum for awhile thinking that talking about this stuff was just making it worse. However, I think was wrong. Being depressed and having no way to express your feelings is not a healthy way to go.

I know most of the people here do not deserve to feel the way they do. I know I don't. I can't fix the world, but I can tell others about my problems and if I'm lucky, maybe I can listen to theirs as well and help in some small way. I guess those are the main reasons I keep coming back.

Besides, it's either this or do my job. This is much more interesting. :)

Latest posts

Back