How has your day been?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was present for and listened to the stories of four hospital patients this morning.
I then renewed the registration for my pickup truck and Buick Encore at the courthouse.
Then I came home and baked eight loaves of Ezekiel bread for the Saturday market.
Then I tended to a weed overgrown area while the bread was rising.
Then I milled a quantity of wheat berries, millet and dry beans into flour for the next batch of Ezekiel bread.

But I'm afraid none of that brought me very much contentment.

This morning was extremely frustrating. My welder continual broke down. Then my welding helmit broke. I made several mistakes. I tripped and fell over some metal. I fell off my ladder twice. I had a task planned for about 30 minutes or so and it ended up taking 2 hours. It threw everything off. I have to primer the side and top tubes tomorrow morning because a storm is heading in. But, it's not all ready to go. Oh well.

This morning was extremely frustrating. My welder continual broke down. Then my welding helmit broke. I made several mistakes. I tripped and fell over some metal. I fell off my ladder twice. I had a task planned for about 30 minutes or so and it ended up taking 2 hours. It threw everything off. I have to primer the side and top tubes tomorrow morning because a storm is heading in. But, it's not all ready to go. Oh well.
Oh no...I hate when things go sideways. Did you get that liquid skin or at least put it on your list? I think it’s great that you are so determined and have everything planned out but you don’t have to injure yourself to get it done. I’m the same way, hardheaded. Maybe the rain will hold off for you to get it all primed.

A new Laurel and Hardy sketch has been created by you:eek:

Oh no...I hate when things go sideways. Did you get that liquid skin or at least put it on your list? I think it’s great that you are so determined and have everything planned out but you don’t have to injure yourself to get it done. I’m the same way, hardheaded. Maybe the rain will hold off for you to get it all primed.
It's on my list. But, not my near term list. Ha! ha!
I can't take the chance. I have to primer what I have accomplished tomorrow morning otherwise the rust from the rain will be a permanent problem.
It'll all work out just fine. :)

I get to sell the rights to that sketch you made right? I'll share whatever i make :ROFLMAO: . I've had that too while doing DIY, a few fresia ups can be amusing but when it gets out of hand it's just annoying as hell. Slows everything down too as you want to be extra careful.

Took a day off yesterday. I don't know yet if it'll land me in trouble or not, as I didn't have any sick days left. But I dropped a big metal pan on my foot. It's not that it was painful or that the cut was very deep, but my foot swelled enough it didn't fit in the boot plus I couldn't curl my toes anymore. Took a pic, in case.

Of course, I lied and said I dropped a dumbell on it instead. Sounded less dumb. Ironically, the pan probably weighed the same as my metal 25 pound weight 😜

Last edited:
It sounds like a couple of guys should have gone back to bed and just called it a day. Sometimes it's safer that way.

I had a pretty decent day today. I visited with a couple of friends early this morning and I went to a car show that is in town. It's one of the larger ones in this whole area and it's pretty awesome. I still love the cars from the 1960s and 1970s the most. My dream car has always been a 1968 or 1969 red Pontiac firebird.

So I went to hang out with a friend and some other people. It was nice. We ate, drank, sat around a fire. Nothing exciting just casual and friendly. 6 hrs I was gone. That’s a big deal for me to be around people that long. Got a little intense toward the end and has left me a bit aggravated because I don’t understand how I get misunderstood. Anyway, still awake and supposed to meet them by 11am for a ride tomorrow, no today...Sunday. I need sleep.

It was a lonely day and even though I went visiting for a bit this afternoon and went to church this morning, nothing will fill my day because I miss family on Sundays. It was always the day we got together and played checkers or played cards and ate too much and visited. After my parents passed on, we would hang out with my uncle and aunt and cousins and my brother always called and we chatted for a long time and now they are all gone, too. I really miss them all so much, and I am still really missing my soulmate. I know I should force myself to go out and chat with someone or go sit in the park or go for a walk or do something, but nothing will replace the ones I've lost so I'm just really down this afternoon. No one else can feel that space for me and I wouldn't be very good company anyway. So I will just sit down with my kitties and find a good mystery to watch on TV

Latest posts

Back