How Important is Sex in a Relationship?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well heres a doosie. What if your partner didn't want to ever have sex with you, but understood your needs and loved you so much that he/she would let you be intimate with someone else. If you loved your partner back so much would you do that to her/him and be involved intimately with someone else?

Hmmm.....I feel that I can answer this with the perspective of the "person who doesn't want sex".

I've done it. I don't like it. I feel nothing, it's boring, I could live forever without it. Does that mean I'm not sexually attracted to people? Of course not. I could see a hot man and think "I want a piece of that o.o"...but in the end....I just do not enjoy sex at all. But kissing, cuddling, etc...that's all nice and whatever, I just don't like sex :/. You're probably thinking she hasn't had good sex, or they weren't doing it right. No, that's not the case at all.
IVIZ- I wouldn't trust my partner (assuming that I had one) to go sex up other girls, ever, no matter the circumstances. I see it as, if he needs sex that **** much...he might as well just go date someone else.
Now finding someone who dislikes sex as much I do. Pft, I might as well be the future 300 cat lady.

IVIZ said:
What if your partner didn't want to ever have sex with you, but understood your needs and loved you so much that he/she would let you be intimate with someone else.

Well, aside from the fact that I wouldn't end up with a person who wouldn't sex me up...

No, I wouldn't sleep with anyone else. If I was with someone that I loved, I wouldn't ask her to sacrifice our mutual exclusivity just because my wee-wee felt lonely.

IVIZ said:
Well heres a doosie. What if your partner didn't want to ever have sex with you, but understood your needs and loved you so much that he/she would let you be intimate with someone else. If you loved your partner back so much would you do that to her/him and be involved intimately with someone else?

I would never do that to my wife if I had one, no matter what.

Sterling said:
Hmmm.....I feel that I can answer this with the perspective of the "person who doesn't want sex".

I've done it. I don't like it. I feel nothing, it's boring, I could live forever without it. Does that mean I'm not sexually attracted to people? Of course not. I could see a hot man and think "I want a piece of that o.o"...but in the end....I just do not enjoy sex at all. But kissing, cuddling, etc...that's all nice and whatever, I just don't like sex :/. You're probably thinking she hasn't had good sex, or they weren't doing it right. No, that's not the case at all.
IVIZ- I wouldn't trust my partner (assuming that I had one) to go sex up other girls, ever, no matter the circumstances. I see it as, if he needs sex that **** much...he might as well just go date someone else.
Now finding someone who dislikes sex as much I do. Pft, I might as well be the future 300 cat lady.

No, there are guys out there who feel the same way. I'm sure you'll find someone you're compatible with!

Jesse said:
IVIZ said:

Sterling said:

No, there are guys out there who feel the same way. I'm sure you'll find someone you're compatible with!

Go find me one (d). lol

To me it's like you're asking me how important is breathing.
I don't have sexual hang ups nor think sex is a dirty thing.
It's a part of life and part of being a human being.

I can still get it up. Actually it still gets up without me :p
Until it stops getting up, evidently sex is going to be important to me.

I have pultonic relationships...There's no sex involve evidently.
We do however still have conections on other levels.

I dont think there's anything wrong if you don't want sex either.

IVIZ said:

Wow I am actually kind of going through this situation now, I have been with the same person on and off for about 12 years and when we first got together we were like jack rabbits doin it all the time but as time went on and we grew up a little(well atleast she did) the sex life changed and with that so did our relationship because I still wanted it all the time in fact I had grown to be very accustomed to that kind of sex life and not to mention I have always had a high sex drive to begin with but when our relationship changed in that way I handled it in a way I can now say was not the best and that's when our relationship took a turn for the worst and its been downhill ever since! I won't go into all the details because it would take up too much of this thread but this is where our relationship is now, no cuddles, no kisses(which are two things I absolutely adore), and she has told me plenty of times to do it with someone else as long as she doesn't find out about it or atleast go somewhere and masturbate but just leave her alone because she is just not into having sex like that anymore which to this day is still hard for me to wrap my brain around considering how much sex we had when we first got together but I never have done it! So now I am lucky if I get it 1-2 times a month! So of course I'd be lying if said I hadn't thought about it seriously or even tried to meet some women who would do it while still taking my situation into consideration but I just never have followed through with it for a number of different reasons. I will say this though, sex is and always will be an important aspect of any relationship to me because to me it is the one true expression of love to someone else to show how much you really want to be one with them by joining your bodies together in a way that no other creature on this planet can, so I guess you could say I am not speaking about pure sex when I am talking about this, I am talking making passionate love and that's what I think most couples do with their significant others in a relationship where there truly is love and that to me is a whole different animal than just carnal sex because sex like that is something you can have with just about anybody and I did do that alot when I was teen, mostly with girls I wasn't in a relationship with but as I got a little older, I wanted sex on a higher level! so then I developed this issue with mixing sex and love, so I could no longer just have sex with someone without having some sort of feelings becoming involved which is probably one of the biggest reasons why I haven't had sex with someone else, because I fall in love easily too! And seeing that I have enough confusion in my life right now with her, I don't really need more by mixing feelings for someone else in there from having sex!

Sterling said:
Jesse said:
IVIZ said:

Sterling said:

Go find me one (d). lol

I'm that way, but I'm a little too old. At least you know there are some out there!

For me it's making a relationship strong first with understanding each other from both sides and letting love grow. I see sex as the next step but because of my faith I have to postpone it to marriage. I say this now but if I will act like it I don't know because I haven't come in that kind of a relationship.

Jesse said:
Sterling said:
Jesse said:
IVIZ said:

Sterling said:

Go find me one (d). lol

I'm that way, but I'm a little too old. At least you know there are some out there!

Go find one near the age of 17. lol

I am not too sure if my opinion counts since I've never...
Who knows?
Maybe after my first time, I will be traumatized and never do it again.
Really, it's all up in the air.

All I know is that I am not going to date someone if he never, ever wants to have sex.
He would be instantly friend-zoned.
Like wtf, I need to make up for as much lost time as possible ahahaha. :p

But really who knows...maybe I'll calm down a bit in some time.
Buy myself some yarn and learn to knit.
Sit on the front porch and throw rocks at men walking by my house.

A person can go from "SEX, SEX, SEX!!!" to "Eh." and vice-versa.
So I don't really know for myself just yet.
But I'll just start looking into collecting rocks just in case.

I had such strong opinions on matters of the flesh before I had every type of "relations" there was to have and now I think there's nothing that needs "fixing" about someone who has chosen celebacy or, for that matter, who craves an open relationship. I used to assume that sex equalled intimacy, but I know that for me, a connected conversation is the most intimate thing I've ever shared with anyone.

I think I'll know I've found the "right one" when I can have this very conversation with him without batting an eye--to have an open discussion of sexuality and intimacy without feeling anxious about broaching the subject.

I find that there is a difference between sex and "making love." Sex is the physical part and the love is the emotional part. Together they make something you can't beat. To me personally it is usually about the emotions flowing, but many times just pure sex is great for relieving stress, having fun and just making silly antics in the kitchen. My past relationships have usually had a lot of sex involved, but honestly, most times it is to kill boredom because I live in in a boring town.

Nothing wrong with a little bit or a lot of both :D

For me, the best sex is when it's an expression of strong feelings you have for someone. The longer you get to know the person and the more you fall for them, the more those feelings build until just a touch from that person sends electricity through your body. If I don't have that, I'd just assume not have sex, but that's just me. :rolleyes2:

Badjedidude said:
Luna said:
Like wtf, I need to make up for as much lost time as possible ahahaha.

WTFSEXBBQ!!! I LOVE YOU, LUNA!!!! @_@ lol

I wanna see this sexbbq ....

or....maybe not....

O_O

*hides* >_>

*Imagines bbq sauce is involved*

Do. Not. Attempt. To. Grill. ANYONE...ok? :p

SophiaGrace said:
Badjedidude said:
Luna said:
Like wtf, I need to make up for as much lost time as possible ahahaha.

WTFSEXBBQ!!! I LOVE YOU, LUNA!!!! @_@ lol

I wanna see this sexbbq ....

or....maybe not....

O_O

*hides* >_>

*Imagines bbq sauce is involved*

Do. Not. Attempt. To. Grill. ANYONE...ok? :p

It's probably naked sexy people covered in barbecue sauce that you can lick off but then if you get hungry they turn into steaks.

I always considered sex very important for a long, serious relationship. Since going back on the Prozac, combined with long term drug use, my libido cbf. Now all I find important is that she's a Star Trek fan.

Latest posts

Back