How Long Have You Been Single?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah man, that's pretty much cause for divorce in my book. On to bigger and better things! :) :p

"Yeah, I guess so. It still sucks though... A few days ago she even told me that 3 Days Grace is better than At The Gates, which is blasphemy by the way. Thanks for being sorry about it though, I hope you get a nice new girlfriend soon. ^_^"

Janus said:
Yeah man, that's pretty much cause for divorce in my book. On to bigger and better things! :) :p

"Yeah, I guess so. It still sucks though... A few days ago she even told me that 3 Days Grace is better than At The Gates, which is blasphemy by the way. Thanks for being sorry about it though, I hope you get a nice new girlfriend soon. ^_^"

I know, man. If we were married, I so would have divorced her for saying that. lol :p

Been single 6 months, though it feels like 2 years since my last relationship was so short.

Does it count if you've never been with the gender you'd like to be with? If so, then my whole life.

I was single for the first 15 years and now I've single for 8 days getting off from a 4 month relationship. And I think it gets worse everyday. The feeling that I'm not with him and that I lost him for good, I mean. But I know it'll get better eventually.

I am about to be 30 years old, never had any girl friend. I proposed to many but I got rejected by all. I think I have seen the more than fair share of rejections. I am crying all the time inside, got rejected once more very recently. I am feeling very sad about my life.

ktoefl said:
I am about to be 30 years old, never had any girl friend. I proposed to many but I got rejected by all. I think I have seen the more than fair share of rejections. I am crying all the time inside, got rejected once more very recently. I am feeling very sad about my life.

Well, I think that's your problem man. You shouldn't propose to them right after you have just met them. lol

hes lucky. everytime i propose 2 a woman after just meeting her. she a-c-c-e-p-t-s Lmao :rolleyes:

NewBirth said:
hes lucky. everytime i propose 2 a woman after just meeting her. she a-c-c-e-p-t-s Lmao :rolleyes:

Then quit proposing to them if you don't want them to accept. lol

ktoefl said:

I'm sorry, man. I have never experienced a significant extent of rejection. In my experiences, I'd always receive a surprising "yes" (never proposed for marriage), even though I am almost always expecting "no" for unknown reasons. Lift your head to the sky, and keep trying. Maybe switch up your strategy? How much time are you giving the relationship to develop before proposing? You're probably feeling rushed because of your age, but maybe you're not letting the kind of "love" that would push her to say "yes" settle in before proposing. Haste can make waste.

To answer the question of the thread, I'll just say I've been single long enough to be hungry for a romantic relationship. :) Hungry, not starving.
I'll find her soon enough.

Well, I've only had one real boyfriend, but we had to break up in January bc of problems w our parents, but we're still really good friends & talk all the time, & we're planning to go to college together & hopefully eventually get married! But I met him online a few years ago, and even though it was just online, he has been one of nicest guys I've ever known. I've only had one real-life boyfriend, and I broke up with him at the end of July bc I really didn't feel right bc we hardly ever saw each other, but he was a nice guy.....I told him I was more into girls at the time and I'm sorry but we couldn't be bf & gf anymore. I used to hate being single more than anything in the world, but right now I don't mind it too much....I don't know if I could be a great gf right now, and I have too much going on w my family right now that I couldn't deal w a relationship like that right now. I can't wait to meet Travis, though....even though we just met online, I feel so lucky to have found him! We've met on a message board about 4 yrs ago.

lonelyheartsxx said:
Well, I've only had one real boyfriend, but we had to break up in January bc of problems w our parents, but we're still really good friends & talk all the time, & we're planning to go to college together & hopefully eventually get married! But I met him online a few years ago, and even though it was just online, he has been one of nicest guys I've ever known. I've only had one real-life boyfriend, and I broke up with him at the end of July bc I really didn't feel right bc we hardly ever saw each other, but he was a nice guy.....I told him I was more into girls at the time and I'm sorry but we couldn't be bf & gf anymore. I used to hate being single more than anything in the world, but right now I don't mind it too much....I don't know if I could be a great gf right now, and I have too much going on w my family right now that I couldn't deal w a relationship like that right now. I can't wait to meet Travis, though....even though we just met online, I feel so lucky to have found him! We've met on a message board about 4 yrs ago.

Wow that sounds really nice :)
Happy for you and hope things will work out in the future. ;)
And to answer to the topic, I'd try to believe I've been single my whole life that is 19 years to be exact...if I don't include those short little relationships that were fun but could never work out. Darn.

[/quote]

Wow that sounds really nice :)
Happy for you and hope things will work out in the future. ;)
And to answer to the topic, I'd try to believe I've been single my whole life that is 19 years to be exact...if I don't include those short little relationships that were fun but could never work out. Darn.
[/quote]

Thanks! :) And you seem like a really nice guy & friendly, so I'm sure you'll find the right girl sometime.....if u have trouble finding som1 in real life, you could try a dating site, such as match.com or friendfinder.com.....I actually once tried registering, but it wasn't working so I just gave up, lol.

lonelyheartsxx said:
Thanks! :) And you seem like a really nice guy & friendly, so I'm sure you'll find the right girl sometime.....if u have trouble finding som1 in real life, you could try a dating site, such as match.com or friendfinder.com.....I actually once tried registering, but it wasn't working so I just gave up, lol.

Lol okay wait, I don't stand when I pee and I actually have boobs lmao :D:D sorry i'm just joking - well not exactly cos I'm a girl. Lol..but yeah, its okay lol..

I think the trouble I have is that there aren't much decent guys around my place here. Those dating sites don't work for me either lol :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back