How Long Have You Been Single?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mink said:
lonelyheartsxx said:
Thanks! :) And you seem like a really nice guy & friendly, so I'm sure you'll find the right girl sometime.....if u have trouble finding som1 in real life, you could try a dating site, such as match.com or friendfinder.com.....I actually once tried registering, but it wasn't working so I just gave up, lol.

Lol okay wait, I don't stand when I pee and I actually have boobs lmao :D:D sorry i'm just joking - well not exactly cos I'm a girl. Lol..but yeah, its okay lol..

I think the trouble I have is that there aren't much decent guys around my place here. Those dating sites don't work for me either lol :rolleyes:

omg, I am sooo sorry, lol!! I feel like a dumbass, lol....I thought u told me u were a guy.....lol, I'm so dumb! Forgive me, lol....my bad! Your profile even says female, so I can't believe I didn't see that....wow, I must be off today, lol!

lonelyheartsxx said:
omg, I am sooo sorry, lol!! I feel like a dumbass, lol....I thought u told me u were a guy.....lol, I'm so dumb! Forgive me, lol....my bad! Your profile even says female, so I can't believe I didn't see that....wow, I must be off today, lol!

lmao its okay this happens and i actually find it pretty amusing lol :D:D:D

mink said:
lonelyheartsxx said:

lmao its okay this happens and i actually find it pretty amusing lol :D:D:D

LOL....I actually do that a lot....on one of the other message boards I go to I mistook about 3 guys for being girls, lol! What's wrong w me?? lol, it's embarrassing but kinda funny!

Does an online relationship count? if now i've been single for 5 years.!!! feels like an eternity though...Everyday without a friend or gf feels like an eternity!!! U know what's sad...people in jail locked up in a cell make more friends than people like us..<scratches head>

Crew99 said:
Does an online relationship count? if now i've been single for 5 years.!!! feels like an eternity though...Everyday without a friend or gf feels like an eternity!!! U know what's sad...people in jail locked up in a cell make more friends than people like us..<scratches head>

Well, of course they count....they're still friends, but the only difference is u can't be with them physically, which is sometimes better bc it's easier to talk & express yourself online. And I think a great idea is to meet ppl online, get to be good friends, and then meet in person.....I think that's a good way to find a good friend if u have trouble meeting ppl in real life. Like I met my bf online, and I've known him for so long it's definitely real....I mean we're planning to go to college together & everything. He's pretty much all I have when it comes to bf/gf....I'm glad to know I'll at least have ONE friend in college!

I've been single for about nine years. The only boyfriend I had was at the end of my high school senior year. Since then, I have dated but nothing evolved into a "real relationship". There was one guy whom I was interested in, but he did a disappearing act on me three times (not returning calls/emails, then calling out of the blue after several months saying he was thinking about me). And there was someone else who got possessive after just three dates (always asking where I was and why I couldn't be with him at a given time). It just gets so frustrating. I really would like to find "the one"....

I have been single for 14 years now :( I had a girlfriend when I was 17 that lasted for about a year and then another one very shortly after that lasted for about a year also. But then had to go into hospital for mager surgery on my back and have been with out a girlfriend sens then apart from a 3 months one about 2 years ago now but I never really cared for her that much if am honest. so when I found out she liked to have moor then one man I wasn't that hurt about finishing it.

I have been alone all my life and I absolutely hate it. What is the point of 'life' without love?

I think you can have a good time with out being in a relationship. Its just times like Christmas that I find to be most difficult on your own. But to be happy and signal I think good friends are a must.

Ricardo,

I agree it's not easy being alone. Do you have any interests? They can really give you a purpose for waking up in the morning, and you might just meet some people through them. Even if it's only for a few seconds. I've actually had all kinds of interesting discussions about books and video games with random people...

I "too" have been alone all my life. I try to stay hidden from public view. It isn't actually possible but I do my best. I try to think of good thought, but I have none. I can only see chaos and despair in my mind.

I try dreaming of sitting with a girl out on an island holding hand and kissing each other, but it quickly vanish when I wake up.

The day turn to night before I realize it. Nothing seem to change; I don't have the attitude to fix myself. I need help but I can't do it alone. I don't have the mentality to better myself...and for that I am ashame of myself.

I wish I had someone here to help me. I can only relied on music and my pillow to comfort me. It is the only two things that haven't forsaken me yet.

aim: faded4ever
mail: [email protected]

ive been single for about 5 years... i know its better to have fall in love even just once but i just cant shake the feeling that i will never fall in love again or i would just have to settle. we should never have to settle but being alone sometimes is just so unbearable. love is like a drug once you have a taste you just want more. besides everyone want to be loved right. but i have found in my experience that you cannot find love, it just kinda happens. well thats how it happened to me anyways. and even tho its hard to do sometimes, you do have to love yourself before anyone can love you. if you can love yourself, it seems you show a lot more attractive qualities than if you looked sad all the time. but im not an expert... and ive havent found anyone recently so maybe what i believe is just a lie...

I agree that you cannot actively bring love into your life but on the other hand, sitting back and waiting for it is not going to get you anywhere either. Making connections and becoming involved in a healthy and positive community environment with similar-minded people will go a long way to helping find new people and avenues where there is the possibility of meeting someone.
Last year I came to the realisation that I can either accept the situation, do nothing, be lonely and eventually commint suicide because of the loneliness. Or I could get up, get help and make a conceous effort to change my ways of thinking and allow myself to be helped and open-up to new ideas and concepts. It is not easy at all and is a painful process that seems to go on forever. But eventually it will pay off and depression will be a thing of the past.
You simply CANNOT live life single/alone (provided you do not desire to be single) and eventually you will crack. Now is a great time to make a new start and begin building the foundations to a lifestyle that will eventually include a satisfying and rewarding romantic relationship.

im 19, never had a gf before, nothing close to it. i used to be an extremely shy, passive, self loathing, low-self esteem kind of guy for most of my life. ever since a couple years ago however, ive become pretty ambitious, fairly confident, self-esteem in the "middle", got rid of my shyness (it never did any good), very independent, and i noticed my social life improving... however, still no girlfriend, but im not worried about it at the moment -

but if i continue to be single even after college, my backup plan was trying out singles bars, dating hotlines, blind dates or something lol. i dont know yet, but even though i dont mind now, i dont want to be like this forever

my whole life...19 years. Most times I don't mind being independent, but then sometimes I really really do. I have some good friends, so times aren't all bad :)

me. it depends..
#1 single being physically away from love one or #2 single being no relationship with opposite sex.

#1- being single physically.. 5 years

#2 being single emotionally.. (ended a long distance relationship) 7 months.

Latest posts

Back