How Long Have You Been Single?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Valince said:
7 months...and I think I wont find another. Ever again..

If you've had one partner you're doing well :)

Don't let it get you down, 7 months isn't too bad. Any experience is good, remember that if you can attract someone like that you are doing something right.

7 months isn't a long time. You should take a couple of weeks to see where you went wrong and hop back on that horse. You know how to get a girl you just need to fix yourself back up right now.

In the beginning there was nothing. Then there was minty. Fast forward to now.

I believe it is close to 8 years, and as time goes on, being my age and the times I got burned in relationships, I think it may be forever. I don't know if I am more afraid of being IN a relationship than NOT being in one for the rest of my life. I am 54, and just can't see myself with someone other than my X or deceased husband, whatever I call him. I think we were as close as two people could ever get, and I know for a fact, that I can't open up THAT much to another man again.

Last significant breakup happened in September of 2008. Had a short flashfire last winter with a guy in South America (I'm in Canada), but we never met in real, I call it my "4th wall" relationship. So if we don't count it, I've been single for the last 3.5 years.

37 years, unless the girl that held my hand and wrote me little notes for a month long when I was 10 years old count.

2 months for me, I'm over the worst of it but my emotions feel like they're attached to a yoyo at the moment.

One moment I'm fine, looking forward to meeting someone else, being able to do what I want etc.

At other times I miss having someone there, someone to call just before I go to bed, someone to plan holidays with, someone who knows me THAT well. It's a daunting thought about how long I'll have to be with someone else for before they know me THAT well again. Oh well.

There really aren't that many nice people where I live, since I've been single I've only seen 1 person that I actually liked :/ I know I will meet someone again, I just have no idea where or how. And I'd really hope it's not going to take 10 years, because deep down I think it's in us all to want to share our lives with someone.

That Guy said:
I've been alone for 3 years now. I'm feeling worse and worse about it all the time. I just don't know what to do. How long has everyone else been alone?

Technically a year, but I feel like I never really have had a real relationship.

22 years...I've never been in a long term relationship. I don't count the flings (they only lasted a couple days or weeks anyway)...I also don't count the guy in HS who held the title of being my bf for 2 months. We didn't even kiss. It was a really shallow relationship...some of my flings have been deeper...I think it was more of a "for show" thing.

lonelygirl said:
Excellent point, Angry Loner. I know that my first love and first heart break were literally DEVASTATING to me. I thought that life couldn't go on, because the pain of caring for someone and having them reject you was too overwhelming!

I agree, age is nothing but a number. But I fear for young people who get deeply emotionally and physically involved, as they might not have the same maturity or life experience or wisdom or what have you to deal with that pain without feeling suicidal or anything.

I remember when i was in my early 20s i was in love with this girl when she returned home to her country i was devastated and went in to depression.

5 years and counting... my ex called last night and then sent me two texts begging me to not leave him, i left him 5 years ago!! LMAO :D

Latest posts

Back