How Long Have You Been Single?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 2 days time it will be 6 years and 5 months exactly. After a while you stop caring for most of the time however it gets harder around certain times. Birthdays are one, friends anniversaries are another. Strangely, the approach to summer time can be quite hard, although I put that down to women starting to wear less and becoming more noticeable, reminds you of what you're missing out on that the majority of people seem to have.

Hard to say. My husband demanded a divorce almost exactly 6 years ago, and he moved out a few months later. Since that time, I've gone out on a date or two with a few guys and had what you could call "real relationships" with even fewer. The most recent one lasted on-again-off-again for about two years, but it's been over for good for a few weeks now, possibly even a few months, depending on whom you ask and how upset he/she is feeling. <-- Trying to be funny despite it all.

*sigh*

With the exception of the relationship that just ended, I've pretty much felt single for most of the past 6 years since my husband left, but I've been truly "alone" for even longer. I was terribly lonely in the waning years of the marriage. I was with him for an anomalous 12 years. Before meeting him -the man who would eventually become my ex-husband - I had a boyfriend for 3 months my freshman year of college, and after grad school, I fell into a disastrous engagement to a man after we'd known each other a few weeks - the result of temporary insanity, I think.

That's basically it. I guess I suck at dating and I suck even more at relationships. Thank God my kids love me. They're all I really have in my day-to-day life. I do have good friends, but none of them live in my zip code. My ex got custody of all of our local friends, and I got our distance friends. Funny.

Let's just say that I'm not sure I remember how to kiss, much less any "other" stuff. LOL

It's been about 7 years since my last relationship. After we broke up, I went back to one of my passions (Medieval/Renaissance dance), but after a couple bad experiences, I became isolated. That is why it has been so long since I've dated anyone.

Lost Drifter said:
Is it bad that when thinking how to answer I first had to ask myself what year this is?

"My name is Lost Drifter. I had an accident and woke up in 2012. Am I mad, in a coma, or back in time?"

*Cool music*

Sorry, I couldn't resist, that reminded me so much of Life On Mars :D

[video=youtube]

Been divorced for about 20 years. Raised my son on my own. After I divorced had 4 years on my own then dated over a 4 year period, then on my own for 6 years, had a relationship that lasted a year, single again the past 5 years. Had another relationship that lasted only 2 months. Tried online dating but no luck there. Was able to handle my singleness because I was too focused on raising my son. All changed after he left home when he was 18. I had a serious bout of loneliness as for the first time in my life as I was truly alone. At this point in my life the prospects of finding someone is slimmer than before. I'm not getting any younger and dating rules have changed. I dread growing old alone.

i've been single since i was born, and I'm 18' now. And i think i'll alawyas be single. I'm a loner, and it's very hard for loners like me to get a girlfriend. Well, time will come and you'll get used with being single.

My whole life, I'm 21, be 22 in may. I feel like I'll be alone forever, girls don't fain the slightest interest.

Latest posts

Back