How Long Have You Been Single?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been single for about 5-6 months now, the last gf I had was very immature and extremely vulgar (something I'm not) so that didnt work out. The last 2 before that (the only 2 since im only about 17 and not a relationship-whore) were of a similar nature where there was no real connection or interest in either or our worlds...

Is it technically a relationship if neither of the participants were ever happy? If so that about sums up my relationships...XD

Depends if you count online relationships which lasted several years, but where I never met the people. In retrospect I don't tend to count them, so I'd say I've been single my whole life. Those times when I was in these quasi-relationships, I felt very trapped, so in some ways I prefer being free of any ties to others, but it would be nice to have some of the physical aspects of a relationship.

That Guy said:
I've been alone for 3 years now. I'm feeling worse and worse about it all the time. I just don't know what to do. How long has everyone else been alone?

I have been single now for 9 years. I'm 29 years old and I have only had one relationship which was a very traumatic one. It has really put me off for life. I have dated two people for a fews weeks but ended up finishing them before they could hurt me.

Now I find myself liking someone, I have not been out on a date with them yet but already I am being a royal pain in the bum.

I guess one day when its right we will meet someone. I am hoping for that as life has been way to lonely for the last 3 years and I'm not sure how much more I can take.

xx

Fulgrim said:
I've been single for about 5-6 months now, the last gf I had was very immature and extremely vulgar (something I'm not) so that didnt work out. The last 2 before that (the only 2 since im only about 17 and not a relationship-whore) were of a similar nature where there was no real connection or interest in either or our worlds...

Is it technically a relationship if neither of the participants were ever happy? If so that about sums up my relationships...XD

So I'm not immature? I have always considered myself to be immature but I suppose that just depends on who I'm comparing myself to.
Oh, and I'm not single, obviously, I'm with Fulgrim.

Qui said:
Fulgrim said:

So I'm not immature? I have always considered myself to be immature but I suppose that just depends on who I'm comparing myself to.

Well I think your pretty mature most of the time. Campared to Adam or sophie or myself you tend to be the voice of reason lol.

Fulgrim said:
Qui said:
Fulgrim said:

Well I think your pretty mature most of the time. Campared to Adam or sophie or myself you tend to be the voice of reason lol.

I don't know, it seems natural to me. You're all younger so you act younger. I just feel out of place sometimes because I find myself having to act below my age.
Truthfully, you all make me feel like an old fart sometimes.

Qui said:
Fulgrim said:
Qui said:
Fulgrim said:

I don't know, it seems natural to me. You're all younger so you act younger. I just feel out of place sometimes because I find myself having to act below my age.
Truthfully, you all make me feel like an old fart sometimes.

well I act childish since I think really seriously and need to let the strain down. I tend to dumb myself down to keep the others attention since they hardly think of anything other than videogames or perversion. Im sorry if we make you seem old...I like that you are the mature one of the bunch, at least someone isnt willing to make a fool of themselves to entertain others.... = me :(

It has been over 2 and a half years for me. She really was a nice girl and someone I could just be myself around. However, she could act so childish at times and I just did not see that ever improving, so I got out of the relationship. Even though this stretch of time has not been a pleasant one, I still have no regrets. Sometimes loneliness is preferable to a relationship, especially an unhappy one.

Now if only I could find another...

I've been single for 1 year and 7 months, not looking to find a partner yet but hopefully there's one around the corner soon as I hope to find a life partner, getting on in my days and would like to have a family, hopefull there's no divorce.

I have been *****-free for about a year and a half now....no wait...there are still some bitches in my life...nevermind. Still chained.

im been single my whole life. no dates ever And its not because i havent asked any one out or any thing i just get turned down. though just resently my best friends gf got me a date with a friend of hers.

Outlawstarl337 said:
im been single my whole life. no dates ever And its not because i havent asked any one out or any thing i just get turned down. though just resently my best friends gf got me a date with a friend of hers.

Good luck with that. I hope something positive comes out for you.

It is a really different story for me though and I won't express my thoughts of "hook-ups" to bring you down.

Just be yourself, and try to see what he/she really wants in someone.

About a week I would say. Though it went smoothly and we are still friends, kinda odd since our arguments were escalating and getting worse all the way up to the break....but that was a calm meeting of the minds....after which we spent about an hour or so hanging with some friends and talking about 100ft from where it happened XD

well if we r counting from teenage years i would say about 8 yrs now. its so depressing cus i know its gonna be 9,10,11,12 ........

Latest posts

Back