How many people over 20 are still virgins?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Badjedidude said:

I'll never understand why some people expect there to be no fear or nervousness when engaging physically (in any way) with the opposite sex. For fresia's sake, that's HALF THE FUN. Being topsy-turvy and nervous and making mistakes and being AFFECTED by the opposite sex... just the fact that someone has that profound an effect on you is amazing!! :D

Why not enjoy it?

Seriously.

That's just a part of how it is, man. You should start to worry when women do NOTHING to you, not when they DO turn your world upside down... that's a GOOD thing.

It's called life.

LOL - is it? I'm gunna have to reclassify most of my encounters as having been good instead of sickening like I previously thought.

If i ever got into a sexual relationship, which will probably never happen as im so darn shy, i would find it kinda attractive if the woman was shakingly nervous but i dont specifically desire it. It would just be nice to have such an effect on a woman as im usually the shy nervous one. lol

ShybutHi said:
If i ever got into a sexual relationship, which will probably never happen as im so darn shy, i would find it kinda attractive if the woman was shakingly nervous but i specifically desire it. It would just be nice to have such an effect on a woman as im usually the shy nervous one. lol

totally. if shes nervous then you have no reason to be. its brilliant!!

women like to be comforted anyway. its hot when the guy is a strong presence.

I hear both sides of this. I'm sure many girls are no doubt thrilled when a dude becomes a babbling fool due to his love-lorn nervousness around her, but by the same token, this probably only works for the guys who she actually fancies. for the more socially inept/undesirable among us, i'm guessing our reactions come off as seriously less than cute.

ShybutHi said:
i would find it kinda attractive if the woman was shakingly nervous but i dont specifically desire it.

I think that is kind of attractive too of both guys and girls...

guys shouldnt worry about being a virgin on their first time. If the girl isnt a #%$@ she will be ok with it and maybe even find it charming.

I understand all that now.

They call things disorders for a reason I suppose.

I can only say what I had occur.

I'm not proud of it.

Why couldn't it have just been butterflies is all I can really ask now.

But instead, I sort of cracked.

To this day I really don't know why I did any of what I have done.

They call things disorders for a reason I suppose.

I am fortunate to even have another chance.

20 and a virgin. havent even kissed a guy before...or even held his hand. so pathetic.

I am about to turn 21 this year but I lost my virginity earlier this year to a 'friend' and let me tell you, there is nothing great about sex that means nothing.
Sure, sex feels great for your body, it's supposed too but I can probably make myself feel better just by masturbation.

Everyday I regret sleeping with a friend who turned out to be hurting over his ex-girlfriend so he took advantage of that.
I almost lost my virginity to a guy I briefly dated earlier this year (he dumped me and than got another girlfriend 2 weeks later lol) and I'm not sure what would be worse. In the end, I still felt alone. Both didn't want to be with me and most importantly, both never loved me.

I used poor judgment in hoping giving something up like virginity would make a man love me, how wrong I was. People don't love you for how much sex you have had or how much you can give up, they should be loving you for YOU.

23 and still a virgin, I've had my opportunities, but it just hasn't happened. I like to think that I'm waiting for someone to be meaningful to come along in my life. But, I am getting impatient about it. Impatient about meeting someone, not the having sex part, that's really secondary to me.

In the long run, sex is not the answer to happiness. When someone relies on sex to fulfill their needs then they realize it's not the be all and end all, it makes one realize there is a void in their life. Nothing wrong with being a virgin it makes it all the more special when the big day finally arrives.

I'm 16 but i have a feeling my v-card will not disappear until my mid 20's, which is unfortunate because I'm feeling mighty horny atm.

I just turned 21 and I'm a virgin. Part of the issue is that I'm ugly (seriously, I've overheard guys trying to pay their friends to dare them to fresia me) but I'm probably using my looks as an excuse. If I were more social and put myself out more, I'd get more opportunities.

It's not a huge deal, but I understand that it sucks when hormonally you're turned on most of the time and just can't get laid. Casual sex won't solve loneliness by any means, but at least it fulfills a basic need.

Shiyo said:
I just turned 21 and I'm a virgin. Part of the issue is that I'm ugly (seriously, I've overheard guys trying to pay their friends to dare them to fresia me) but I'm probably using my looks as an excuse. If I were more social and put myself out more, I'd get more opportunities.

It's not a huge deal, but I understand that it sucks when hormonally you're turned on most of the time and just can't get laid. Casual sex won't solve loneliness by any means, but at least it fulfills a basic need.

Are you kidding me? What a horrible thing to do. I am very discouraged at the thought of there actually being decent people out there when I hear crap like that. No, no, no. You don't bet with your stupid friends using a persons self-esteem and dignity as a personal little game for the 'lulz'. That is just a very cruel thing to do.

Anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't know what you look like but I do not think anyone is generally 'ugly' (I don't even like using that term at all) What matters is how you feel and don't ever change for anyone.

Sorry, I sound a bit too naggy :p

And yes, agreed with the casual sex part.

Well, here I am. 27 as of this month. I'm employed (doing industrial design work), in pretty good shape (165 lbs at 5'9 - kinda short but not a midget), and I have a fairly active social life. I still haven't figured out what to do, and to be honest the problem is getting worse. I was somewhat sexually active in high school and the early parts of college (orally, and basically anything other than vaginal intercourse) but as the years go on, the encounters are happening less and less frequently. The last time I felt a naked boob was my sophomore year in college, that was like 6 years ago now. The last time I kissed a girl was when I graduated college, almost two years ago now.

The sad part is, and I don't mean to discourage anyone, but I do put myself out there every weekend. I will say though that it was fairly recently that I decided to "change my lifestyle" and we'll see how it goes. It was never that bad in the first place... I have many many friends, but i felt obviously that things were not going accordingr to plan, so something must be done! It was about 6 months ago when I decided I was wasting my 20's being out of shape. Along with that I adopted a "why not" mentality. Meaning, if someone asks me if i want to do something like go out or go on a road trip or whatever, I look at it objectively rather than make up some excuse because I would rather sit around smoking weed playing video games.
I guess I was at least dancing with a girl last weekend, and it was intamite dancing, but I asked her if she wanted to do something besides dancing (because i am honestly not a very good dancer, especially with a partner), and I was rejected. Still hung out wi her later took, so i could wallow in my sorrow.

Anyway, my plan is to keep my head up and continue staying in shape, and keeping the rest of my l,ife together. Hopefully I'll meet someone, but who knows.

bamboozled said:
in pretty good shape (165 lbs at 5'9 - kinda short but not a midget),

is 5'5 considered midget country? lmao. fresia :(.

bamboozled said:
Anyway, my plan is to keep my head up and continue staying in shape, and keeping the rest of my l,ife together. Hopefully I'll meet someone, but who knows.

right on, that's my plan too! :D

I was technically a virgin till the age of 24, that means two and a half years ago. But I'm a girl so maybe it's easier for us I don't know...

Edit: (Good) sex is great, an experience everyone must have. So find someone you're attracted to and just do it, it's nothing hard. (Be a little aggressive, it won't kill ya! ;) ).

Hoping I won't make you feel even worse...

Latest posts

Back