How many people over 20 are still virgins?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I like your logic in this instance.

It is the same reason why I have never gambled - I am to scared that I would like it too much and ruin my life; therefore, if you never had it, you really do not know what you are missing and sometimes it is for the best.

blackdot said:
I don't see how having sex once will make my life better because then I would just know what I was missing.
I would rather not know what I was missing.

And I don't spend money.

When I was sixteen for the first time, the person made a loud and long noise for about five seconds and fell asleep - almost coma like - and i was like what am suppose to do now?

At any rate, sex is overrated and gets to many people in trouble anyway.

Emotional, intellectual, mental, and metaphysical bonds with sharing energy > sex.

I guess something did not like my response - it never showed up even though it said "thank for replying ..." and my named showed up as the last post - hmm ... conspiracy? :p

To be honest, I was a little surprised and disappointed too, when I read that some of you guys have been going to prostitutes. I guess I just thought that since this is "a lonely forum," most of the guys here are a bit shy and reserved. I see that it isn't so.

It's disappointing because you build it up to be some big thing and expect it to be amazing. Even though its something you've never done or even practiced before. It's like buying a piano and expecting to be able to play Bach as soon as you sit down. Of course it wont be good until you get more experience, and you have partners with experience.

I first used a working girl when I was 29. I slowly came to the conclusion that I would probably never have a girlfriend and wanted to know what sex was like. I didn't sit on my arse waiting for women to approach me, I tried very hard to meet someone. The thing is there was nothing to encourage me. No success with women. No first dates even. I couldn't get any confidence because nothing good happened. It's like a football team losing 20.0 every match. It doesn't help that all around me people are dating, getting engaged, getting married or screwing around.

I don't regret it one bit. I enjoy it, I can afford it. It doesn't stop me looking for someone. I think it helped my shyness with women. If you can go into a strange house and meet someone you've never met before and have sex with them then interacting with women in everyday life isn't as daunting. I am nowhere near as shy with women as I used to be. In fact I am probably a flirt. Does it make me more attractive to women ? The answer is probably 'no' - I've had one girlfriend in the last 15 years which lasted 2 months.

sth said:
To be honest, I was a little surprised and disappointed too, when I read that some of you guys have been going to prostitutes. I guess I just thought that since this is "a lonely forum," most of the guys here are a bit shy and reserved. I see that it isn't so.

You can be lonely without been shy.

I'll be 23 in about a week and I'm still a virgin.

It's crazy...cause I feel like such a huge part of why I still am is I'm embarrassed to at this point. I have too much pride to bang a girl for the first time at 23 and just be the worst lay she's ever had. That would just sting me and embarrass me and almost doesn't feel worth it even though I know it is.

I mean, god...what I wouldn't give for a practice girl. Like, a mutual practice girl. A girl who was about as inexperienced as me who just agreed that we would have sex for a while until we were a little more confident about it. Having sex sounds like a trial by fire. If I'm gonna be expected to perform it's ******* terrifying...

Lost Soul said:
No, offense, by why is this even topic? There is more to life then shagging.

Obviously. But there's that general consensus (Like 99% of the world population) that all virgins are losers and that being good at sex is highly important (Women will turn you away if you suck at sex and that they will certainly turn you away if you're a virgin). Hard not to believe this stuff and be confident about the fact that it will one day "Happen".

Lost Soul said:

Well literally speaking there isn't, when you think about it! :)

2fresh4youx said:
Lost Soul said:

Obviously. But there's that general consensus (Like 99% of the world population) that all virgins are losers and that being good at sex is highly important (Women will turn you away if you suck at sex and that they will certainly turn you away if you're a virgin). Hard not to believe this stuff and be confident about the fact that it will one day "Happen".

Thats not true, you'd be surprised how many women would want to f#$% you just because you are a virgin, assuming you are somewhat attractive to some women.

No matter how old you are, you should be happy if you are a Virgin. It is not bad if you have not had Sex. I would say that it is worse to have Sex out of desperation then to not have Sex at all. You will know if and when you're ready. You will know when the time is right. Don't force yourself to do it because of your age or what people think. There is no set path in life.

Ok, where are the asexuals at? I know asexuals are a minority among virgins too, but I know I'm not the only asexual on here..

Listen guys, if a girl won't date you because you are a virgin, she isn't worth it. It's as simple as that. Girls that develop feelings for you should be able to be forgiving and compassionate about these things.

Now if you're a virgin and looking for one night stands then that's another story.

fuzzybutt said:
Listen guys, if a girl won't date you because you are a virgin, she isn't worth it. It's as simple as that. Girls that develop feelings for you should be able to be forgiving and compassionate about these things.

Now if you're a virgin and looking for one night stands then that's another story.

Excellent point. I am 25 and I am also a virgin.

Having sex asap is just a societal pressure. Just another pathetic reason to discriminate against someone.

I also think that more young people are having sex later. It's not what it use to be.

At times I wish I was still a virgin cause my bf never loved me. :( I was blind the whole time and he pushed sex onto me. Told me if I didn't make love to him that I didn't love him. I'll tell you one thing though, I'm not having sex again until I'm ready and know that the person truley loves me. I feel very ashamed... :'(

"No, offense, by why is this even topic? There is more to life then shagging."

Not a bad question at all but I think it misses the point. It is not about a roll in the hay, any idiot who can find money and a street corner can get that. It is about being able to make a connection with an other person to the degree that one can advance to that stage in a human life cycle. Imagine being the only kid who still has the training wheels on his bike or the only one at college who still does not have his or her driver's license.

The inability to make that kind of connection is a very real kind of failure and for some of us it really hurts. Whats more it is not only a problem that gets worse every day it is a problem that actually makes itself worse.

When you are in your mid 40's and all of your friends and family are married and/or have families of their own and you have not been able to make it to first base yet it seriously messes with a guy's cool. It makes a guy feel about this -> . <- big.

My humble two cents, thank you for all of your input. -SY

I'm 20 and virgin
I want it, but I don't want it.
I want to wait till marriage but I wont get married
I am offered it but I reject it
I see other people getting it and I feel jealous
I don't want it
I want it
This post is a waste of time lol

I just want someone to make me feel happy I guess and I just havnt found that person

Latest posts

Back