How not to get angry when you are being ingored

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
No, it's not off track at all, because it the person has only been "ignoring" you for a few days and you are getting angry about it, that's completely YOUR problem and not theirs because you have no idea why they are "ignoring" you.  If that was the case then it IS your expectations that are the majority of the problem.  So yes, the answers to the questions I asked ARE relevant to the thread topic.

No you had it twisted. Not sure why you mixing in my beliefs etc.. nothing to do with that.

Ok, callie. What if they dont text me ever again? Or 22 weeks goes by and no text?

And by the way do you ignore someone for even a few days?
Hope not. Most people have enough time to reply. Lets be serious.

If 22 weeks go by, yeah, it's probably over and done with.  THAT is reasonable, which is why a time frame is necessary to determine whether or not your anger is justified. 

Do I ignore people for a few days?  Yeah, I have.  Sometimes because of my own personal honeysuckle and I just don't want to talk to ANYONE and sometimes because I'll look at a text and can't reply right that second and forget about it until I get another text.  Let's be serious, life doesn't always allow you to do whatever the hell you want exactly when you want to.  Sometimes honeysuckle happens....

So callie what do you reccomend to the person who is being ignored? Possibly permanently

Ah ha. Ok..not a shocker. Need to hear things like that reinforced.
Others here said similair.

Still can make one angry. Or bitter as someone else as said.

Boy do I hate being bitter

It's not about feeling those emotions. Everyone feels those. What DOES matter is what you do with them, how long you let them fester, and how you let them alter your life.

I'm not a big follower of Byron Katie, but her thoughts fit your situation so well. It is not someone else's actions that are affecting you so much as your own thoughts.

Missingthesun said:
I'm not a big follower of Byron Katie, but her thoughts fit your situation so well.  It is not someone else's actions that are affecting you so much as your own 

Interesting. Anymore information on her on what she has to say regarding what you just said? Or in your own words can you try to explain? Would be appreciated

What is she one of these self- help guru types

Missingthesun said:
I will surely muck it up trying to explain.  But it is your thoughts that cause you to suffer.  You should let go of those thoughts and learn to love what is.   You can read more gere  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_Katie

Yes. Well it's immposible for me to think positive when things like that happen. So the advice most give is. Just dont what? Let it control you?

It happens to people all the time. There are probably people who think you ignore them and you are not even aware. Let it go. It is probably not even about you.

Yes it does. I am sure I am guilty of it ( ignoring people)
But, those people who it happens to can post here, vent here and
Express themsleves when they are having difficulty such as I am and we all are. When I know being lonley or feeling lonlier than most exacerbates how you handle being ignored

Latest posts

Back