How to cheer yourself up

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sute

Hi.

I'm interested in making a thread full of ideas to help people feel a little bit better or more positive.

So how do you cheer yourself up if you're feeling low?

I listen to music or watch a funny movie. I will also play Mario Kart so I can run over the other racers and that always helps ^^

I try to do at least some of the things I would normally be doing anyway, so that my life still has some some of external framework. This gives me something to hold onto depsite the emotional chaos inside me.

I let out the rage and the crazy. Sometimes I'll just go into a rage and do a shitload of pushups or put all of my energy into doing something like trying to bend some rebar. Sometimes I'm able to actually do a pullup or two. (I weigh 300 pounds) It's calming laying on the floor afterwards with no energy, no emotions, nothing. As for the crazy, I like to drive fast at night with the window open, radio blaring, me laughing like a mad scientist. Weird but those are honestly the only times I ever feel "happy" feelings.

kamya said:
I let out the rage and the crazy. Sometimes I'll just go into a rage and do a shitload of pushups or put all of my energy into doing something like trying to bend some rebar. Sometimes I'm able to actually do a pullup or two. (I weigh 300 pounds) It's calming laying on the floor afterwards with no energy, no emotions, nothing. As for the crazy, I like to drive fast at night with the window open, radio blaring, me laughing like a mad scientist. Weird but those are honestly the only times I ever feel "happy" feelings.

*hugs*

whispers said:
I buy myself a flower, i love flowers. I order chinese food. I create something ( i am an artist).

I am an accomplished, authentic cook of the Asian cuisine...
come one come all, I will cook y'all a feast! (:)

*HUGS*

Google the farside cartoons.
Sometimes some chocolate.
Remember to take b6 and b12.
Play my dog.
Music when im in the mood.

I am an accomplished, authentic cook of the Asian cuisine...
come one come all, I will cook y'all a feast! (:)

*HUGS*

[/quote]

I think i love you !!!! lol

Revel in my obsessions.

Be that the Manics or using a whole roll of film for no real reason.

As camp as this sounds I put on some music, pump up the volume, close the curtains and dance Napoleon Dynamite style:

[video=youtube]

Its "Sweet Child Of Mine" at 3am with the curtains open with me. Well when I'm home alone. I'm all hair and elbows when I dance though...

Accomplishing something, even if merely a portion of it, picks me up. Today was another lazy Sunday. I have done nothing, and the work week is upon me. I'm thinking that if I get up, turn on some music, and clean my kitchen, I'll feel a little bit better.

annik said:
Its "Sweet Child Of Mine" at 3am with the curtains open with me. Well when I'm home alone. I'm all hair and elbows when I dance though...

Guns n Roses?
yup, that will do it!!

When I'm really down I sometimes take a really hot shower, then wash my hair several times, then condition the hell out of it.
Does it work? Well, no... but I'm clean.

TrailerTrish said:
When I'm really down I sometimes take a really hot shower, then wash my hair several times, then condition the hell out of it.
Does it work? Well, no... but I'm clean.

lol!
...still haven't cleaned the kitchen.
So, time for SHOWER POWER!

I think my problem right now is that I'm hungry as ****!

Latest posts

Back