How Was Your Day?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NeverMore said:
You get to play guitar in the middle of the school day? In The middle of history class? Seems like a pretty lax school to me,lol, the closest I got was in mr nicols's music class he taught us to play ode to joy on the guitar, then he would relentlessly test us on it, but it was still fun, that was the peak of my guitar playing ability 7 yrs ago:(

Uh, well that teacher never teaches anyway. It's a really shitty class. But my elective is guitar, so I get to play for 2 hours every other day. That's pretty cool.

Authorisation code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

Tried to edit my message but got that error....

anyway just adding that i slept 12 hours straight then went on a shopping spree :p

Qui said:
Uh, well that teacher never teaches anyway. It's a really shitty class. But my elective is guitar, so I get to play for 2 hours every other day. That's pretty cool.

lol I had a history teacher that would just tell us to sit down and then show us a movie that wasn't even on what we were studying, i'd be like bobo gladiator really crappy

Lost in the Oilfield said:
anyway just adding that i slept 12 hours straight then went on a shopping spree :p

Where do you go to shop up there, there can't be a mall or something close by is there?

I had an interesting day, I moved back into my dorm today. So I left the house at about 11:30 after a nearly tearful parting with my pets there is nobody else that treats them as good as I do when I'm home, so I felt bad leaving them for so long:(...We got there and it was really busy, so we ended up parking fairly far away, and I think I took 3 loads up the stairs and another in the elevator when I could catch it, it wasn't that bad as far as move ins go, nothing went wrong and I didn't drop anything:p. After my roomate came and unpacked, he was hooking up his av cable to the tv when it shocked him and the picture went out and was replaced by a black screen with a single white streak, we both have no idea what happened, how strange is that? If anyone knows what might be the problem, I'd gladly appreciate any help, cause till we get it fixed we have no tv which kinda sucks, and now I'm sitting here all ready for tomorrow's start of classes my roomate went somewhere I'm not sure where, just here by myself nothing to do

Lol, we watched the simpsons in history once.
Well, my day sucks. I'm sick. I threw up on the way to the bus and so decided that school was not on my list of things to do today. I decided instead to spend the day sleeping and watching One Piece. That show is anime on crack, I swear.

NeverMore said:
Qui said:

lol I had a history teacher that would just tell us to sit down and then show us a movie that wasn't even on what we were studying, i'd be like bobo gladiator really crappy

Where do you go to shop up there, there can't be a mall or something close by is there?

I had an interesting day, I moved back into my dorm today. So I left the house at about 11:30 after a nearly tearful parting with my pets there is nobody else that treats them as good as I do when I'm home, so I felt bad leaving them for so long:(...We got there and it was really busy, so we ended up parking fairly far away, and I think I took 3 loads up the stairs and another in the elevator when I could catch it, it wasn't that bad as far as move ins go, nothing went wrong and I didn't drop anything:p. After my roomate came and unpacked, he was hooking up his av cable to the tv when it shocked him and the picture went out and was replaced by a black screen with a single white streak, we both have no idea what happened, how strange is that? If anyone knows what might be the problem, I'd gladly appreciate any help, cause till we get it fixed we have no tv which kinda sucks, and now I'm sitting here all ready for tomorrow's start of classes my roomate went somewhere I'm not sure where, just here by myself nothing to do

After work the day before my day off, I drove for eight hours to get to a city far south of where I work... so I've been in civilization for a few days now :)

It sounds like a short circuit in the TV... to fix it would need to know if it is CRT, LCD, or projection, or plasma. Before opening it, best to make sure the warranty is already void... if there's still a warranty, take it to the dealer. Otherwise, the type of tv, the model number, a multi-meter, a grounding strap, a long screwdriver with a long enough wire to ground the transfomer, and a pair of electrically insulated rubber gloves are required... you should have a safe area as well where (if it is a CRT) the possibility of picture tube implosion (I've never had this happen personally- all i used was a cardboard box cutout to cover the glass) won't blast your stuff, or yourself, with glass shards... oh, and you'll need a local depot or electronic school where you can pick up any resistors, capacitors, fuses, etc that may have shorted out.

Qui said:
Well, my day sucks. I'm sick. I threw up on the way to the bus and so decided that school was not on my list of things to do today. I decided instead to spend the day sleeping and watching One Piece. That show is anime on crack, I swear.

Sorry to hear you're sick Qui :-/

One Piece is certainly... different... course all I watched were youtube clips which are pretty much all dubbed over with music.

Qui said:

I'm sorry your sick I hope you feel better soon, enjoy having a day off though:D

After work the day before my day off, I drove for eight hours to get to a city far south of where I work... so I've been in civilization for a few days now :)

It sounds like a short circuit in the TV... to fix it would need to know if it is CRT, LCD, or projection, or plasma. Before opening it, best to make sure the warranty is already void... if there's still a warranty, take it to the dealer. Otherwise, the type of tv, the model number, a multi-meter, a grounding strap, a long screwdriver with a long enough wire to ground the transfomer, and a pair of electrically insulated rubber gloves are required... you should have a safe area as well where (if it is a CRT) the possibility of picture tube implosion (I've never had this happen personally- all i used was a cardboard box cutout to cover the glass) won't blast your stuff, or yourself, with glass shards... oh, and you'll need a local depot or electronic school where you can pick up any resistors, capacitors, fuses, etc that may have shorted out.

8 hours! Yea you are far from anything:p. Is this a start to one of your periods of time off?

Thx for the instructions but I'm not sure I trust my electrical ability, which is practically nothing, to do all that, I think I would end up electrocuting myself or something, were taking it to get fixed tomorrow well see how it goes..

My day has been good so far I went to my first classes of the semester today. I got up in time to actually eat breakfast which was something I rarely do, I had cheerios lol because I'm old school:p Then I went to zoology which looks like it's going to be really fun, I'm looking forward to it, but the people in the class think I'm a jackass because the professor was talking about being near sighted and he started talking to the girl sitting next to me who said she was blind, she held a paper up about 3 inches from her face and said this is about how far I can see, and then the professor asked me how my eyes were and I muttered something like I'm near sighted too, and then he said well not as bad as her right, and I said: I'd hope not, because I was surprised and got all flustered, I bet I sounded like an *******

I don't think that sounds too offensive nevermore, No one is going to remeber that for more than a week I'm sure.

My day was alright for a monday. I hadn't studied for a social studies test today or do any of the packet that was due.
I overslept past my 1st periods, we watched part of a movie in Japanese, then I went to gym and it's really nice thats one class where i have two friends and we just hang around and shoot hoops and chat a little. Got home today around 4 watched tv and ate some snacks for an hour and now I'm here I think afterwards I'm going to take a nap. I love naps.
Then do my homework. I have to do so much better at that. I'm doing better than i was i use to like never even consider doing it. Which was stupid I know but, My old friends didn't do their homework. I don't know, I'm sure it didn't matter to them, but i felt too much of a goody two shoes. And of course even without studying they will still do better on tests than me. That was stupid it really made my gpa take a nose dive it's like 3.003 now

*sigh*

Ya one piece is a weird show, I'll watch it sometimes if there's nothing else on have you watched any FLCL that show is even more messed up, eventually the characters just turn into these colored blurss that fly around the screen

And thats all i got for now

Well, its the end of my time off... I had four days... should be back in to work for a couple weeks to a month... have to head out tomorrow... was so tired I slept almost all through the first day off... yesterday I worked around one of my sisters houses trying to fix the water filter, and unplug the hot water lines in the plumbing... was a crazy amount of calcium buildup, took some time but got it fixed... went shopping for some power tools, bought myself a Dremel, a cordless hammer drill, and a bunch of movies... now just cleaning my car and getting ready for the trip back north.

Yeah, going to a repair shop is best if you're not sure what your doing... a televisions flyback transformer carries enough amps to instantly kill.

evanescencefan91 said:
I don't think that sounds too offensive nevermore, No one is going to remeber that for more than a week I'm sure.

Yea your probably right, the worst that could happen is that she hates me and ends up being my lab partner and she would hate me everyday, but....what are the odds of that happening:p

*crosses fingers*

evanescencefan91 said:
My day was alright for a monday. I hadn't studied for a social studies test today or do any of the packet that was due.
I overslept past my 1st periods, we watched part of a movie in Japanese, then I went to gym and it's really nice thats one class where i have two friends and we just hang around and shoot hoops and chat a little. Got home today around 4 watched tv and ate some snacks for an hour and now I'm here I think afterwards I'm going to take a nap. I love naps.
Then do my homework. I have to do so much better at that. I'm doing better than i was i use to like never even consider doing it. Which was stupid I know but, My old friends didn't do their homework. I don't know, I'm sure it didn't matter to them, but i felt too much of a goody two shoes. And of course even without studying they will still do better on tests than me. That was stupid it really made my gpa take a nose dive it's like 3.003 now

*sigh*

Some people can never study and do really good at tests, I've known people like that, but it just means that for the rest of us we have to put that much more effort into it:)

To be honest I never did my homework in high school till a got to first period and I would work on homework between classes and stuff, I wouldn't recommend doing it like that, it's pretty stressful, just do it at home,hence the name,lol

evanescencefan91 said:
Ya one piece is a weird show, I'll watch it sometimes if there's nothing else on have you watched any FLCL that show is even more messed up, eventually the characters just turn into these colored blurss that fly around the screen

And thats all i got for now

I love FLCL, out of all the anime I've watched so far FLCL is my favorite! I'd highly recommend anyone who hasn't watched it to do so, it's worth every crazy insanely beautiful moment

Well, its the end of my time off... I had four days... should be back in to work for a couple weeks to a month... have to head out tomorrow... was so tired I slept almost all through the first day off... yesterday I worked around one of my sisters houses trying to fix the water filter, and unplug the hot water lines in the plumbing... was a crazy amount of calcium buildup, took some time but got it fixed... went shopping for some power tools, bought myself a Dremel, a cordless hammer drill, and a bunch of movies... now just cleaning my car and getting ready for the trip back north.

Yeah, going to a repair shop is best if you're not sure what your doing... a televisions flyback transformer carries enough amps to instantly kill.

Well, remember to drive safely, can't imagine doing that on a regular basis, your definitely one tough mother trucker lito. And yea the tv is at a repair place as I speak, no deadly amounts of amps for me please:p

I've had a good day so far. I didn't have to wake up till 10 today, and go to philosophy, which looks to be an interesting class, I even participated in the class discussion. The professor asked us to pick a person we thought was wise and we made a big list on the board. I wrote down the list because I found it very entertaining who everyone else found wise:

The Dali Lamba
Da Truth( a rapper)
Albert Einstein(I said this:))
Aquinas
Mother Teresa
Bob Marley
Socrates
Kurt Cobain
Jesus Christ
Gandhi
George Washington
Maya Angelou
Harriet Tubman
Oprah

That was the only time I'd ever seen Jesus right by Kurt Cobain and Mother Teresa right by Bob Marley,lol

Then right after that class I had to go to my Weather class, and when I walked in I got a surprise, apparently my professor for that class is one of the weathermen for one of the major tv stations around here, so I see him on tv all the time, so that's really cool, and man he has a wild personality, he yells a lot and it looks like it's going to make for really interesting lectures!

So that's been my day so far, and I ran into someone I knew when I went to go eat and were going to play ping pong today maybe. But wow do I have a lot of stuff to read for all my classes, so much reading...

^wow NeverMore, that's the coolest list of people ever.
Ok, today one of my friends was wearing a Kurt Cobain shirt, and my other friend's girlfriend asked who it was. Every single person in the group stopped what they were doing, looked at her and walked away. It was hilarious. His shirt said "Kurt Cobain" in big blue letters, I mean seriously how dense can you get?

Nevermore said:
Well, remember to drive safely, can't imagine doing that on a regular basis, your definitely one tough mother trucker lito. And yea the tv is at a repair place as I speak, no deadly amounts of amps for me please

Yeah, it's a stupid long drive... woke up at 11:30 am... left at 12pm... out of city by 1:30... arrived at destination at 10:10pm I ran into icy roads about half way through the drive... then for the final 200km it was snowing pretty thick... GC is and isolated town in the middle of the muskeg and hidden away in the mountains... (funny thing is that there is a prison here... it's the perfect place, 184 kilometers north to the nearest town, and 147 kilometers south to the nearest town... in the winter you'd die of exposure trying to travel across land, in the summer you'd be mauled to death by grizzly bears)... not to mention it's all muskeg and provincial parks, so have to drive slower for moose, elk, caribou, and deer... I nearly hit a wolf trying to cross the road... no word of a lie, it scared the honeysuckle out of me... woke me up cause I was sort of day-dreaming/driving... and it's -43 degrees celcius, so my car almost didn't start after I stopped 15 minutes for groceries in a town a few hours away from here. Had me worried for a minute when it wouldn't turn over... was still three plus hours from my destination. ****, every time I'm just happy I make the trip in one piece lol... Once I had my timing belt go in my car... cost me over 700 to have a new belt installed, 50 for the tow, and another 100 for the hotel and food while I waited to get my car back on the road... was a bad experience. Should really put out the cash for a new truck, but I'm too frugal... can't justify it as long as my car runs. :p

That list you got from class was interesting.

Qui said:
Ok, today one of my friends was wearing a Kurt Cobain shirt, and my other friend's girlfriend asked who it was. Every single person in the group stopped what they were doing, looked at her and walked away. It was hilarious. His shirt said "Kurt Cobain" in big blue letters, I mean seriously how dense can you get?

Wow, that made me feel really old there... I made it a year longer than him... there are times when I'm not sure how... or if it's such a good thing that I have made it, but I have. Guess I gotta live with it eh.

Qui said:

What kind of deprived person doesn't know who Kurt Cobain is/was:p, no but in all honesty that's like something I'd ask, something obvious with the answer spelled out like that,lol

Yeah, it's a stupid long drive... woke up at 11:30 am... left at 12pm... out of city by 1:30... arrived at destination at 10:10pm I ran into icy roads about half way through the drive... then for the final 200km it was snowing pretty thick... GC is and isolated town in the middle of the muskeg and hidden away in the mountains... (funny thing is that there is a prison here... it's the perfect place, 184 kilometers north to the nearest town, and 147 kilometers south to the nearest town... in the winter you'd die of exposure trying to travel across land, in the summer you'd be mauled to death by grizzly bears)... not to mention it's all muskeg and provincial parks, so have to drive slower for moose, elk, caribou, and deer... I nearly hit a wolf trying to cross the road... no word of a lie, it scared the honeysuckle out of me... woke me up cause I was sort of day-dreaming/driving... and it's -43 degrees celcius, so my car almost didn't start after I stopped 15 minutes for groceries in a town a few hours away from here. Had me worried for a minute when it wouldn't turn over... was still three plus hours from my destination. ****, every time I'm just happy I make the trip in one piece lol... Once I had my timing belt go in my car... cost me over 700 to have a new belt installed, 50 for the tow, and another 100 for the hotel and food while I waited to get my car back on the road... was a bad experience. Should really put out the cash for a new truck, but I'm too frugal... can't justify it as long as my car runs. :p

That is a stupid long trip, and from the sound of it, very dangerous, don't see how you wouldn't day dream going that long, yea it sounds to me, who has practically no car knowledge, that you need a new car, those conditions must be hell on engines, hope your first day back went well

The closest thing we have to muskegs here, would be the wetlands every where, and yea your not going to climb through that stuff:p

My day was pretty average, I woke up too late this morning to fit in breakfast so I just crammed down a cereal bar and went to class at 10, it was zoology. I got done the reading that was on taxonomy but only grasped a very little bit of it, I absolutely hate taxonomy, which sucks because this course is zoology with an emphasis on evolution and taxonomy, I can't stand taxonomy, I understand it's significance to biology but why make it so complex? Here's an sample of what I read:

The relationship between a taxonomic group and a phylogenetic tree or cladogram is important for both theories(of taxonomy). This relationship can take one of three forms:monophyly, paraphyly, or polyphyly. A taxon is monophyletic if it includes the most recent common ancestor of the group and all descendants of that ancestor. A taxon is paraphyly if it includes the most recent common ancestor of all members of the group and some but not all descendants of that ancestor. A taxon is polyphyly if it does not include the most recent common ancestor of all members of a group; this condition requires that the group has had at least two separate evolutionary origins, usually requiring independent evolutionary acquisition of similar features.

Yea that goes on for 15 long pages,kinda helped me to understand it just now typing it:p

But anyway before I got sidetraacked, I got out of biology and had an hour break I should have used to eat but instead I went and listened to music, so I went to political ideologies on an empty stomach and it was a really good lecture on the definition of what ideology is, and I guess I got too into it and at the very end of class had to add my two cents, where I argued that Marx's theory on how ideology was a false consciousness, was heavily due to environmental factors that he faced much as Hitler saying that people didn't desire freedom, they needed someone to tell them what to do,was due to him living in post WW I Germany and how the people of Germany were shown that personal freedom led them to rubble,but it didn't come out like that, I said something about how Marx lived in russia (which is entirely wrong and made me feel really dumb don't know why I said that) and something about the working class, then I think I muttered "you know what I mean" *hits self in forehead* And since it was the end of class I stayed and he told me how my argument was flawed, and somehow what I said would be to dismiss ideologies entirely or something, I just nodded a lot and said yea I wasn't paying attention:p

Then instead of getting something to eat like I should have again, I went back to the dorm and played some Oblivion, till the guy I play ping pong with showed up and wanted to play, so we went to the philosophy house basement and played ping pong for a while which was fun, but I was so hungry that I didn't play very well. Then after that I finally ate, and went back to the dorm and killed some more time then I read some things I needed to read for class tomorrow and now I'm here,lol

Whew, how was everyone else's day?

Low:
I don't know if I've always been this way, but I DETEST being probed by people on most occasions. The thing I'm trying to change about myself is how I handle such occasions. The worst of my tendencies? My dark reactions (defense mechanisms, I guess) to people I'd deem overall friendly in those situations.

To make a short story even shorter, I was feeling like a jerk for much of yesterday. Maybe I didn't let outside what I was feeling inside, so maybe she didn't see me as a jerk. I really can't remember. I've always seen myself as nice, but sometimes I wonder...

That was for a woman I've only met with twice in my lifetime. There's a co-worker of mine who has gotten this treatment from me on several, well distanced occasions. We are quite cool, but every once in a while, out of sheer friendliness, I KNOW, she'll ask questions and say things that for some odd reason don't sit well with me. I don't SNAP, but the responses aren't exactly friendly either. I'm starting to think I've been developing some kind of barrier around myself for years and it is hindering my ability to develop friendly relationships.

High:
I had some leftover peach cobbler when I got home from work yesterday.

Yum peach cobbler, no but sorry you have a built in defense mechanism, there has to be a way around it.You could always try having things ready to say if anyone says something to you, plan what you'll say ahead of time maybe that could help, I practice in front of a mirror talking, it helps me a bit.

My day was pretty alright. I rode the bus to wal mart and bought a lot of stuff, but since I was a bit late for the bus there were no more seats left so I asked the awesome bus driver what to do and he told me to stand in the back and I gave him one of those "haha funny" kind of looks, but then I noticed he was for real so I went and stood in the back. I didn't really have anything to hang on to back there but I did lean up against the back door and that helped to balance me. I was in a really happy mood, because, I enjoy riding that bus it's fun to me, unless I'm surrounded by people which I wasn't, I was the only one standing. The awesome bus driver started jamming out the classic rock station, and this time it was music from the 50's or something because Elvis singing blue suede shoes came on, and I danced a bit, but played it off that I was just going with the bumping of the bus:p Then the bus driver stopped the music and said "does everyone want to know what sound the titanic made as it hit the ice berg?", and he started to speed up a bit and laugh a little crazily, and I had nothing to hang on to so I got a little nervous. Then he caught the bus on some low branches of an evergreen tree that was hanging a bit out into the road and it made a scraping sound as the bus hit them, like the titanic, thus the joke, it made me laugh:p. When we got there I got everything really early and waited outside on the sidewalk in front of wal mart and saw a really rude women who walked across the crosswalk and waved her hands at a car there and screamed "CROSSWALK THIS IS A CROSSWALK", that same women also left her cart right by her car as she left, what a ***** is all I have to say. I also saw an old couple holding hands and that made me smile, then I got on the bus and came back here and that's been the extent of my day, I still have a lot to do for classes, but I'm feeling lazy so it probably won't get done quite yet

How bout everyone else? How's your day?

Nice... what a responsible bus driver! I'm glad you had fun riding the bus. Luckily you weren't in Baltimore, or a pack of hoodlum 14 year olds may have beaten you up for your lack of melanin. :)

Gotta love Maryland.

armor4sleepPA said:
Nice... what a responsible bus driver! I'm glad you had fun riding the bus. Luckily you weren't in Baltimore, or a pack of hoodlum 14 year olds may have beaten you up for your lack of melanin. :)

Gotta love Maryland.

On the eastern shore, you're more likely to be chased by a farmer with a pitch fork:p

My day was stressful, I just went to zoology class in the morning and began to notice how hard the class will be...Then I went to political ideologies and couldn't think of anything to add to the discussion of nationalism, then immediately after that I went to my first 3 hour zoology lab of the semester, which would have been fun because we got to look at all kinds of protozoa under the finest microscopes I've ever been allowed near:p, but instead it was stressful because the professor told us that we need to know basically everything about everything we observe, all the parts, characteristics, diet,proper name in Latin, and spelling will count on tests:(...After that I came back here and collapsed on my bed for a while, then typed a paper for tomorrow now I have to read 2 text book chapters about weather for tomorrow, and I'm delaying reading it for as ....long..... as..... I.... can.....Guess I should start now...

Today i hope nno one would notice so i budged in the lunch line, and this guy told me to go to the back of the line, and i replyed

.....I'll give you a dollar, I ussaly don't carry money with me, it was more of a spur of the moment I'm not going to the back. i'm not any kind of rich kid.

well beides leaving some of my homework at school, i think i can get it done at lunch it was pretty good. we had a 2 hour delaw which was awesome since i was till one finishing my japanese homework. we have gotten an insane amount of snow this year and we're still going to get more this week.

The other day I went to a movie with some friends. and I'm charging people for rides now, and since the weather was bad, my fee for the ride to the movie was bit higher, i gave two people rides and i cancled out what i apid for my ticket woohoo. before it was just hey, ya i'll give you a ride. But if being nice wouldn't keep friends. Being greedy won't give me friends, but the only differnce would be that i get money. hey money may only bring temporary happyness but I'll take that over none. This really isn' like me, but I'm sticking to it unless my luck changes. And it really isn't very greedy since i pay for gas. so if i went broke i wouldn't be able to give anyone a ride regardless.

I like being home bymyself

I spent the day in Hagerstown at a teacher leadership conference... had a good time, and learned some new things. I kept getting emails from work on my blackberry, but that's the problem with staying connected!

I went to church tonight, and it was really good. Sometimes I need that sort of release. Also, nothing is better than taking in the wonderful feelings of such a spiritual place... I love the history and tradition of our basilica!

How was everyone's day?

Latest posts

Back