How Was Your Day?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
busy day today.

i live 2 hours away from home when i'm here at school... but i like to go home when i can, usually on weekends... family and boyfriend are there.

problem is, i NEVER get anything done on weekends when i'm there... and by monday when i'm back at school i'm realizing how much crap needs to get done for the week. ughhh. but i can't bring myself NOT to go home on weekends because i hate the idea of not seeing my boyfriend for a while :(

february is, to top it all off, the busiest month of the school year... i'm under a lot of pressure right now and i feel like i'm on the verge of falling apart... i know it's an uphill battle from here till the end of the school year in April (at which point, i'll be done my undergrad degree, which is exciting) and it's so hard to bring myself to just get things done. i'm sick of it all. i just want to go home and hide under a blanket :(

it's also hard for me to talk about all this with people - i constantly feel like i don't deserve to be heard, like if i were to talk to my boyfriend about my stress he a) wouldn't understand or b) wouldn't care or c) would get annoyed that i'm complaining about everything and pointlessly taking up his valuable time... but when i actually talk to him about it, he's usually really supportive. anyone have any tips on how to get over this awful feeling?? it's like i don't feel "worthy" enough to have someone listen to what i need to say. i feel like i'm "in the way" if i'm talking about myself too much or something. so i never talk about anything that's bothering me. and because i feel so alone in everything, i'm convinced that things can't improve. help???

mondays suck.

-didn't work today
-played a ton of No More Heroes
-was inspired (for the zillionth time) to try getting into the groove of working out, and did 2 sets of 10 reps of push-ups. Hey, it's a start! I really want to pump up my chest, and I realize push-ups, while very helpful, aren't going to be enough. I need a bench and a bar with some weights.
-downloaded some Fiona Apple mp3s off Amazon that I've been wanting for a while now
-watched some Samurai X (and cried inside during final sequences of Episode IV)
-mast...
-listened to a ton of music (as always), spent time at some favorite sites

very relaxing day!

evanescencefan91 said:
well beides leaving some of my homework at school, i think i can get it done at lunch it was pretty good. we had a 2 hour delaw which was awesome since i was till one finishing my japanese homework. we have gotten an insane amount of snow this year and we're still going to get more this week.

The other day I went to a movie with some friends. and I'm charging people for rides now, and since the weather was bad, my fee for the ride to the movie was bit higher, i gave two people rides and i cancled out what i apid for my ticket woohoo. before it was just hey, ya i'll give you a ride. But if being nice wouldn't keep friends. Being greedy won't give me friends, but the only differnce would be that i get money. hey money may only bring temporary happyness but I'll take that over none. This really isn' like me, but I'm sticking to it unless my luck changes. And it really isn't very greedy since i pay for gas. so if i went broke i wouldn't be able to give anyone a ride regardless.

I like being home bymyself

I don't blame you for asking for gas money seems like a reasonable thing to do if you ask me, your taking japanese? At my high school it was french or spanish,lol decisions decisions:p

bri said:
busy day today.

i live 2 hours away from home when i'm here at school... but i like to go home when i can, usually on weekends... family and boyfriend are there.

problem is, i NEVER get anything done on weekends when i'm there... and by monday when i'm back at school i'm realizing how much crap needs to get done for the week. ughhh. but i can't bring myself NOT to go home on weekends because i hate the idea of not seeing my boyfriend for a while :(

february is, to top it all off, the busiest month of the school year... i'm under a lot of pressure right now and i feel like i'm on the verge of falling apart... i know it's an uphill battle from here till the end of the school year in April (at which point, i'll be done my undergrad degree, which is exciting) and it's so hard to bring myself to just get things done. i'm sick of it all. i just want to go home and hide under a blanket :(

it's also hard for me to talk about all this with people - i constantly feel like i don't deserve to be heard, like if i were to talk to my boyfriend about my stress he a) wouldn't understand or b) wouldn't care or c) would get annoyed that i'm complaining about everything and pointlessly taking up his valuable time... but when i actually talk to him about it, he's usually really supportive. anyone have any tips on how to get over this awful feeling?? it's like i don't feel "worthy" enough to have someone listen to what i need to say. i feel like i'm "in the way" if i'm talking about myself too much or something. so i never talk about anything that's bothering me. and because i feel so alone in everything, i'm convinced that things can't improve. help???

mondays suck.

Mondays do suck, I'm sorry you had a bad day, college can be pretty hectic, and I can only imagine how busy it must be being your last semester, I never forgot what you said to me that one time I was really down:

remember to try not to frown because you never know who's falling in love with your smile!

If you ever need anyone to listen just pm me, everyones "worthy" enough to be listened to:)

jjam said:
-didn't work today
-played a ton of No More Heroes
-was inspired (for the zillionth time) to try getting into the groove of working out, and did 2 sets of 10 reps of push-ups. Hey, it's a start! I really want to pump up my chest, and I realize push-ups, while very helpful, aren't going to be enough. I need a bench and a bar with some weights.
-downloaded some Fiona Apple mp3s off Amazon that I've been wanting for a while now
-watched some Samurai X (and cried inside during final sequences of Episode IV)
-mast...
-listened to a ton of music (as always), spent time at some favorite sites

very relaxing day!

Nice! I love those days, nice and peaceful not a care in the world:p and props for working out, always a good idea

And heres to hoping you get to have a better day today armor, don't let that principle get you down, that prick *gives him evil eye*:p

My day was good, I went to philosophy this morning and all I added to the conversation was a joke about why Socrates was so sarcastic, I was a little out of it, but o well, no one can say I didn't earn my participation credit for the day,lol, then I went to weather, but I didn't eat anything in between which was dumb, so the entire class I was really hungry, but all we went over was changes in states of matter and the electromagnetic spectrum which I already knew, so I just sat there feeling all smart:p, then I didn't do anything else really. I hung out with my roommate and watched him play half life 2 for a large chunk of the rest of the day, pretty lazy I really have to start doing my reading assignments again...

I want to curl up in a corner and die.
My lighter is out of fluid, I used all my matches.
How can a person go emo without anything that burns?

...don't answer that question, I'll figure it out myself.

Anyway, that's my day. I'm going to end it now. Good night.

Qui said:
I want to curl up in a corner and die.
My lighter is out of fluid, I used all my matches.
How can a person go emo without anything that burns?

...don't answer that question, I'll figure it out myself.

Anyway, that's my day. I'm going to end it now. Good night.

:(

Hope you are ok.

ya I hope your feeling better qui, also if you want to go emo, just get a really short haircut it has the same effect.

anyway *hugs*

and I'm taking you lighter away and replacing it with a beanie baby

:D

can I have something cool too? I've got like three of those aim n flame deals for lighting the grill.... maybe a new game for Wii.... or... an action figure? Maybe a super soaker!

evanescencefan91 said:
ya I hope your feeling better qui, also if you want to go emo, just get a really short haircut it has the same effect.

anyway *hugs*

and I'm taking you lighter away and replacing it with a beanie baby

Yay beanie babies! My fav has to be superbear :D Dont ask how i know what they are lol

*Gives Qui an amoeba free hug*

Hope all is well today and that tomorrow is even better for you

My day was good for the most part. Went to zoology this morning it went alright, then went to political ideologies and made a comment that made the professor give an answer for the rest of the class, really good professor his teaching style is excellent. I was happy because it was nice out so I wore shorts and got my sandals out, and I ate lunch outside, I was having a really good day. Then I went back to the dorm for a while and did nothing till I went to a comedian Nick Thune (by myself) and he was really funny, but I nearly had a panic attack cause there were so many people there and it was stuffy and couldn't breathe well, freaked me out a bit, and the worst of it was trying to get out, since I sat towards the front and the doors were in the back it took forever and I got pretty anxious about it all... On my walk back I kept seeing all these happy people in clusters, all talking about how much fun they have and I kept thinking wow that could have been me, it looks so fun, having friends. And then that got me to thinking about why I don't have friends, people must just not like something about me, whether it's how I look, I doubt that, I saw someone who looked a lot like me and he was hanging out with a whole bunch of people, it must be something about me, I wish I didn't have whatever it is, having friends looks so fun...Needless to say that ruined my day now I'm gloomy and depressed, and my roommate isn't here cause well he has friends I'm so alone...

Hope you all had a better day

Today I had a good day

I got to sleep in till 11 which was great cause I was exhausted, I woke up with the intentions of catching a bus at 2:30 to go to Walmart but my roomate told me he had to go too so I caught a ride with him. So instead of it taking a couple of hours to go it only took me 30 mins or so, which was great, it gave me time to read some stuff for college. Then me and my roommate went to the mall to go see a movie, we saw There Will Be Blood, it was almost 3 hours long but was an excellent movie. After that, we ate in the food court and I got to eat some fried rice, which I love,and now I'm here, and I'm going to get more college work out of the way.

Hope everyone else's day is going good too:)

I can't remember the last time I got to sleep in early :( Sleeping in till 11 would be amazing!
I want to see that movie NM... looked good in the previews.

Today was cold... really cold... our thermometer on the side of our shack stops at minus 48 degrees celcius... the digital thermometer in my supervisors truck read minus 52 degrees... ice kept building up on the door to our office shack making it hard to close it without spraying the latch with methanol every time we came back inside. This weather sucks... my car won't start even with the block heater plugged in :p Have to wait till the weather warms up some.

in so exhausted.. day is fine. only got 3 hours of sleep beacause i always got home at 12am from school and wake up at 5am and to go to work..

i am killing myself!

kill kill kill!!

and now i want to go sleep early yet, i am not yet sleepy!.. can't sleep!

Great, slept in this morning, went to the gym in the afternoon, and went out drinking with friends in the evening.

I had a good day yesterday... finished designing a 2 hour presentation for work, including a kick-ass power point. Now, I've just got to present it... which is never fun, as I'm hopelessly self-critical and have the self esteem of a broken door...

Lost in the Oilfield said:
I can't remember the last time I got to sleep in early :( Sleeping in till 11 would be amazing!
I want to see that movie NM... looked good in the previews.

Today was cold... really cold... our thermometer on the side of our shack stops at minus 48 degrees celcius... the digital thermometer in my supervisors truck read minus 52 degrees... ice kept building up on the door to our office shack making it hard to close it without spraying the latch with methanol every time we came back inside. This weather sucks... my car won't start even with the block heater plugged in :p Have to wait till the weather warms up some.

I know I'm extremely lucky to be able to do that every now and then that's for sure, won't always, better enjoy it while I can. I would highly recommend that movie, especially to you, it involves a lot of work with oil:D. I can't even imagine what that cold feels like, I've never felt anything that cold before,I don't think I could live like that being so tiny, your tougher than me Lito that's for sure,lol

toxic-tears said:
in so exhausted.. day is fine. only got 3 hours of sleep beacause i always got home at 12am from school and wake up at 5am and to go to work..

i am killing myself!

kill kill kill!!

*hynotizes TT* You getting very sleepy, veerrrry sleepy...
:p

armor4sleepPA said:
I had a good day yesterday... finished designing a 2 hour presentation for work, including a kick-ass power point. Now, I've just got to present it... which is never fun, as I'm hopelessly self-critical and have the self esteem of a broken door...

Good luck on your 2 hour presentation armor, what pray tell is it on? I'm also terrible when it comes to presenting, my legs start shaking, it's pretty bad

My day has been alright for the most part. I went to zoology this morning and got a pleasant surprise when the professor wasn't there, and some other better professor was there instead which was good. Then I went to political ideologies and dazed in and out if the lecture only hearing half of it or so. After that I went to my 3 hour zoology lab where we had a different professor, but this one for some reason didn't like me. Maybe it was because I tried to turn the dissection microscope around when I wasn't supposed to, or maybe it was the fact that I had no idea what I was doing and she had to help me about three times, sigh, I felt like the stupidest person there... And the lab was so confusing, because I have no clue about sponges, but also just to make everything rushed and even more confused lets throw in the Cnidaria phylum, which is also equally confusing. I know nothing about any of it all, it was awful... And now I have to know it all + everything about protists + spelling counts, I'm kinda freaking out...

There is a hallway here that has a flag from every country that is represented by students from there, and there are at least a hundred flags there. Well today I was walking through that hallway and I overheard two girls talking in front of me. And one of them said to the other (talking about Japan in a completely serious non joking tone) she said "I know it's in Asia, but I have no idea where Asia is,you know, that's why I'm in college like to learn you know?"

I don't even know how to comment on that, just thought I'd put that out there,lol
:)

NeverMore said:
toxic-tears said:

i am killing myself!

kill kill kill!!

*hynotizes TT* You getting very sleepy, veerrrry sleepy...
:p

haha.. that surely do!.. i had a great sleep. i even had a great dream too!.. but i forgot it already though.. thanks NM!

about my day!.. my day is extremly fne. i just got hired in a Health
Care Facility.. but before they hired me, they draw blood from me, 3 test tubes. and injections me with PPD and now i have to go back on wednessday for my PPD reading.

the physicial thought that im only 15 years old. and she was talking to me like i am a little kid.

anyway now i will have a new good job. but im thinking about holding my present job. part time there, full time in the other and full time student.. :) hope ill gonna make this, cope up everything.. ;)

I remember my senior year of college I went to school fulltime and worked 40hrs a week. I was burnt out by the end of the year. I was so glad when I graduated and only had to go to work.

Atleast I was able to pay off a good chunk of my $90,000 school loan.

wow congrats on the job toxic I hope it works out well for you.

and congrats to for paying off the loan sloth4urluv, you must have worked really hard but I bet it feels great to have that off your back

Latest posts

Back