Human Value

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to go against the grain here, but I did not care for the Cracked.com article either. I do not believe in changing your personality just so you can come closer to some stupid, conformist Western ideal. The article did not state that was the goal explicitly, but reading between the lines, that's one of the things I'm seeing. In that sense it doesn't really make it any different than Glamour, Cosmo, Esquire or whatever, all publications that reflect the most superficial aspects of society.

Boring-Weirdo said:
That's an assessment of me, not relevant to the topic of discussion.

It's completely relevant. You want to place a numerical value on someone? Fine, sounds like fun. I would value a misogynistic sociapath who's too freightened of the consequences for the crimes he would love to commit at 0. In fact, I think people like that should be locked up in a highly secure facility, so no one has to listen to their inane dribble.

Does that kind of person sound familiar to you? Oh, wait...I see. This thread is about judging others with your pointless little number values, right? When someone judges you for what you freely admit you are, it's a personal attack.

Boring-Weirdo said:
This thread is about judging people in context of whom you would want to be in a relationship with

And yet you still wonder why people hate you, and don't get why everything I have said was relevant to the discussion. Again, what's your numerical value?

Boring-Weirdo said:
I started this thread with a purpose, not to make people feel bad, but for people to realistically assess themselves and what they look for in another person. I thought it may prove useful for people whom are unable to find a relationship and may be searching for reasons.

Uh huh. How nice off you. But again, I guess you're above all of that, right? I've given you many reasons why no women would want to be with you. How is that any different from you posting pictures and labeling people as a "3"? I'll tell you how: You don't know any of the people you posted pictures of. I know enough about you so that you disgust me completely. Do you honestly think women would view you differently?

Boring-Weirdo said:
I don't feel insulted in the slightest. You don't like me, I get it (even though you don't know me). Can we move on?

I am not surprised you don't feel insulted. You have no morals or conscience (by your own admission). I have to wonder if you're capable of feeling any shame at all for your words and actions.

And we can move on when you stop making threads like this, otherwise I will always be around to call you on it.

Boring-Weirdo said:
I don't understand why people hate me.

Yeah, you've made that clear. Hahahahahah!!!! How sad! That's all I have to say about that.

Boring-Weirdo said:
My views may be different, even unpopular, but I do not resort to personal attacks or go out of my way to offend others. In fact, I try to be polite and considerate of others.

Your views are that of someone with no morals. You do not deserve any respect, and you won't get any from me. And this thread of yours is offensive, and far from being considerate.

Everything about you makes me sick.

Boring-Weirdo said:
Locke, you're a very judgmental person. :)

You asked me to take part in the discussion, that's exactly what I did there, 0. What's wrong? You don't like it?

Locke said:
Boring-Weirdo said:
Locke, you're a very judgmental person. :)

You asked me to take part in the discussion, that's exactly what I did there, 0. What's wrong? You don't like it?
"What are qualities you find desirable in a romantic partner? On a scale of one to ten, where do you see yourself (and where do other people see you)? What would you settle for?"

And do you think anyone in their right mind would settle for a misogynistic sociapath? I highly doubt it, which makes you a 0

Boring-Weirdo said:
Locke said:
"What are qualities you find desirable in a romantic partner? On a scale of one to ten, where do you see yourself (and where do other people see you)? What would you settle for?"

Now I'm a little confused again.

Boring-Weirdo said:
I have not been successful in my romantic endeavors... Now why is that? Can you not see the use, or at least relevancy, of such a discussion?

^ Do you want people to "judge" you and tell you why you may not have been successful, or not?

Solivagant said:
^ Do you want people to "judge" you and tell you why you may not have been successful, or not?
They could, although that was not the original intent of this thread.

I thought it may be interesting for people to try to look at themselves from the point of view of potential partners. Also, they could ask themselves what they look for in a person, and how little of that they would settle for.

I think this is a pretty basic approach to piecing together why you aren't successful in dating. I have not the slightest idea why this would confuse or irritate others.

Boring-Weirdo said:
I thought it may be interesting for people to try to look at themselves from the point of view of potential partners. Also, they could ask themselves what they look for in a person, and how little of that they would settle for.

Ah, I see. Well to be frank, it's not that interesting, because it's been done here thousands of times before, and it always ends up the same way: With people saying "Women only care about good looks/money/status/alpha males/non-virgins/your car/<insert other misguided conjectures here>, and I don't possess said things, so that must be why women don't like me. End of discussion."

It's a pretty tired subject.

That said, I told you what I look for in a person, and I wouldn't settle for less than that, so I guess there's not much more I can add. I hope you get whatever it is you needed out of this discussion.

Solivagant said:
Boring-Weirdo said:

Ah, I see. Well to be frank, it's not that interesting, because it's been done here thousands of times before, and it always ends up the same way: With people saying "Women only care about good looks/money/status/alpha males/non-virgins/your car/<insert other misguided conjectures here>, and I don't possess said things, so that must be why women don't like me. End of discussion."

It's a pretty tired subject.

That said, I told you what I look for in a person, and I wouldn't settle for less than that, so I guess there's not much more I can add. I hope you get whatever it is you needed out of this discussion.
Ah, well I'm new here - I didn't know this was well-covered territory. My apologies.

It really sucks us undesirable want something we can't have. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back