I am a Newbie

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollygalah

Reaction score
This is the first time for me on a forum. I am 50 and female. I don't have any friends who I can talk to and some times the lonliness I feel becomes overwhelming. I use to have loads of friends, I was quite confident in myself and I really enjoyed life. I suffered from post natal depression when each of my 4 kids came along. I was on anti-depessants for around 15years. I took myself off them a couple of years ago and felt so much better in myself. However, due to letdowns or stabs in the back from people whom I thought were friends, I now find it very hard to trust and to put myself out there. I don't leave the comfort of my home unless my husband or one of my kids is with me. My husband does all the shopping so I don't even need to do that. I don't think very highly of myself as I figure if I have lost the ability to choose the right people to be friends with then maybe no-one sees me as a good friend. I just don't know anymore. Sometimes I just wish I could curl up in a little ball and dissappear for a while. Thankyou to all those that read this and leave a reply.

Welcome to the forums, glad to hear you're keeping it up after those hard times.

Have a great time :)

It is so nice to meet you, I am relatively new here as well. Let's get along well! I am sure you will find plenty of people to talk to - we are all very nice. At least I tend to think so. :) Welcome to the forum!

Latest posts

Back